PERC Election Date - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    As far as negotiating contracts, I guess the PBA gets a "C" . As far as them standing up for us (Powertrac, Stats, Promotions, etc.) I'd give them an "F". As long as the tax issue is around, I don't think anybody will get a contract that they really deserve. The IUPA is saying about everything the PBA said 14yrs. ago when the PBA ousted the FOP.

I've heard the IUPA President makes a lot of money. Well he's the president of the entire organization. His salary should be commensurate with his duties. I'd think the Local President (6020) will be compensated but not what Brickman gets.

Now Brickman is quoted as saying KJ shouldn't loose his pension or that he'd hate to see him loose his pension?

Remember when the PBA V.P. (NV) slammed us in our own Union Newsletter by writing, "Send in the Clowns"?

I say we use the rally cry, "SEND OUT THE CLOWNS" in bidding the PBA goodbye.
    Just believe the IUPA hype that they will give you everything. I saw an MDT message saying that IUPA will gladly take all 307 I.A. cases if the PBA loses the election. I really don't believe that for one minute. A lot of men and women's livelihoods are on the line. I don't think IUPA really cares other than to pad their "stats".
    Well then, I guess you have just volunteered to email IUPA at IUPA.org and then you can show us the written answer. The answer will be yes, I know!!!

I started out in the jail where I was a loyal unino member of the FOPE. Then I transferred to the road where I remained an FOPE member and also became a PBA member. The reason why I remained an FOPE member was because if I did not pass my probation I was expecting them to ensure that I get my job back in the jail. The moral of the story is that if we switch to IUPA and you have an outstanding legal suit with BSO you can stay with the PBA. You can be members of both. You can get legal insurance above and beyond the PBA such as legalwise (which I also have) I am just tired of the scare tactics that the PBA and PBA supporters use to frighten their members such as:

You will lose your legal representation. You will not.

The PBA is obligated to continue to represent you if you remain a member, The IUPA is obligated to represent you if you switch memberships, and any private lawyer would jump at the chance to sue BSO for big money especially now with the agency's shaky reputation.

You will lose your representation in Tallahassee. You will not.

The PBA's lobbying in Tallahassee will continue and BSO will not be exempted from any future legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Until today, I supported the PBA in the upcoming PERC election. The last
    straw for me is reading the post where an obvious PBA supporter refers
    to fellow officers as "idiots"; along with an obvious lie about IUPA closing
    their office. I am tired of being lied to and treated like dirt!
    I never thought I would say these words, vote for IUPA!
    In case you haven't read any other posts, everyone bashes eachother here. That has nothing to do with the PBA or IUPA. This site should be taken down because the morale of our agency is going downhill because of it. It's just back stabbing in a different format.

Dump them both

I just joined up with PLEA, I'm sick of the crap being spewed out of both the PBA and IUPA. I do have to say that both sides are running a good PR campaign with this site.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456