"Real" Law Enforcement
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

"Real" Law Enforcement

Here we go again for following post was post by So True in the Senior Agents/Supervisors thread.

so true

Posted: 09/19/07 10:41:57 Post subject:

Boy are you right about all the knoweledge going and in my opinion, staying away from beverage work and doing law enforcement that there are already agencies that do the same stuff will hopefully lead to Gov., and legislature realizing that ABT should just be non-sworn investigators. Once there was a Diector named JJ Harris, he wasn't very well liked but he saved the Division, by getting the division back on track with just minors and bev. work. Hell if you want to be the real police go be one, in this budget cutting times non-sworn just might happen.

As a 10 plus year veteran of law enforcement I am still trying to figure out what “Real” law enforcement is. I am also trying to figure out why someone / anyone who is an LEO with ABT is hoping that their position gets cut and becomes a non-sworn position.
    Can someone, I am sure there is a genius out there somewhere, explain to me what real law enforcement is? I have been in a patrol car and answered the calls for the neighbors dog barking at 2am, or the kids smashing mailboxes, is this “Real” law enforcement? I have also answered the call when it was two beautiful 17 year old girls pinned in their car wrapped around a tree and watched both of them die before we could get them out, is this real law enforcement? Maybe, if they had not been drinking that bottle of Vodka they would still be alive. Maybe without that bottle of Vodka I would not have had to stand there and watch the father of one of them fall to his knees and beg God to take him instead. The last time I checked, law enforcement officers dedicated their lives to helping, serving and protecting the citizens of the state and/or country they live in. Preventing the events of that night sounds like law enforcement to me.
    ABT has a valid mission, it has just been a little misdirected over the past few years. But know this, if you have never stood their and told a father that is 17 year has died in a crash, then you have never felt the most empty feeling in law enforcement. There is NOTHING you can say or do to help at that point. THERE IS EVERYTHING ABT CAN DO TO PREVENT IT. If you feel that your current position is not true law enforcement then I recommend that you find another place to serve and protect.
    For those of you complaining about your jobs, you should take a close look at those who are fighting to get them back.
    I’ll be waiting for the definition of “real” law enforcement from the peanut gallery.

Re: "Real" Law Enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by True LEO
    Here we go again for following post was post by So True in the Senior Agents/Supervisors thread.

so true

Posted: 09/19/07 10:41:57 Post subject:

Boy are you right about all the knoweledge going and in my opinion, staying away from beverage work and doing law enforcement that there are already agencies that do the same stuff will hopefully lead to Gov., and legislature realizing that ABT should just be non-sworn investigators. Once there was a Diector named JJ Harris, he wasn't very well liked but he saved the Division, by getting the division back on track with just minors and bev. work. Hell if you want to be the real police go be one, in this budget cutting times non-sworn just might happen.

As a 10 plus year veteran of law enforcement I am still trying to figure out what “Real” law enforcement is. I am also trying to figure out why someone / anyone who is an LEO with ABT is hoping that their position gets cut and becomes a non-sworn position.
    Can someone, I am sure there is a genius out there somewhere, explain to me what real law enforcement is? I have been in a patrol car and answered the calls for the neighbors dog barking at 2am, or the kids smashing mailboxes, is this “Real” law enforcement? I have also answered the call when it was two beautiful 17 year old girls pinned in their car wrapped around a tree and watched both of them die before we could get them out, is this real law enforcement? Maybe, if they had not been drinking that bottle of Vodka they would still be alive. Maybe without that bottle of Vodka I would not have had to stand there and watch the father of one of them fall to his knees and beg God to take him instead. The last time I checked, law enforcement officers dedicated their lives to helping, serving and protecting the citizens of the state and/or country they live in. Preventing the events of that night sounds like law enforcement to me.
    ABT has a valid mission, it has just been a little misdirected over the past few years. But know this, if you have never stood their and told a father that is 17 year has died in a crash, then you have never felt the most empty feeling in law enforcement. There is NOTHING you can say or do to help at that point. THERE IS EVERYTHING ABT CAN DO TO PREVENT IT. If you feel that your current position is not true law enforcement then I recommend that you find another place to serve and protect.
    For those of you complaining about your jobs, you should take a close look at those who are fighting to get them back.
    I’ll be waiting for the definition of “real” law enforcement from the peanut gallery.
    So nice to hear from someone with some common sense for a change.

Thank you. But I doubt you will get your answer from these clowns because they don't know, themsleves.

Still noticing no one is putting their names down when they are so passionate about a topic, strange… As for me, I am new here and do not need the ridicule, but then again I am not saying anything derogatory either.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Still noticing no one is putting their names down when they are so passionate about a topic, strange… As for me, I am new here and do not need the ridicule, but then again I am not saying anything derogatory either.
    then don't run your mouth about others not putting thier names down when you yourself will remain "Anonymous". Practice what you preach!!! You do not know the story or the history behind anyone else on here nor the reason for thier feelings, so who are you to pass judgment to them. As you said you are new, so you would not know the history here.

BUT, this string I do not believe was intended for people to get on here to start BS, I believe the original author of it was trying to make a point to all of those who keep wanting to talk about REAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS. Because some of these agents need a reality check and this person I believe was trying to give that to them in a nice way. I don't see that they were trying to be rude, or bash anyone. Just stating a fact.

A NAME FOR YOU

So you want a name, you don’t want this to remain Anonymous. Well here you go. My name is Brian Sauls, some of you know me, some of you think you know me and a few of you pretend to know me. I am TRUE LEO the author of this string. I have read this MB for several weeks and I am discussed at some of the things I have read. I can not believe that this is the same agency that I and others are fighting to get back to. Yes, I will admit I AM NOT prefect, I have complained about things before DAMN RIGHT I HAVE. Will I again if I come back, probably so.
    Let me tell all of you “real” law enforcement proponents, standing behind the emergency room at Gulf Pines Hospital having to watch that father fall to his knees was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life not just my career as a LEO. Preventing that is real law enforcement. The last time I checked the statute is in the book, therefore it is law, now go enforce it.
    So there you go, you wanted a name, there it is Brian Sauls, remember it you will see it again. As Arnold said “I’ll be back”.
    And no, this neither this post nor the first are meant to bash anyone, if you are upset by what I say, look in the mirror I might be talking about you. If you understand what I am saying then you are a "Real" law enforcement officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Looks like you got your name "Guest". Well said Brian.

To any nay-sayers out there, there is no such thing as "real" law enforcement. If you enforce it, it's real. I've never seen an arrest affidavit with non-existent charges, and if you fill one out, you'll have to deal with your SAO. Too many LEO's get stuck on what they think is appropriate police work, and don't do what they consider menial.

Some LEO's don't pay any attention to traffic because it's too simple. News flash: a more thorough traffic stop would have put Ted Bundy in prison MUCH sooner, saving about 30 lives. It's not always about the big cases. Sometimes the seemingly small things make the greater impact.

Real police work is not about what the officer considers important; it is about what the law and the public consider important. You may have a specific area of interest, as we all do. If that's the case, then you must seek that area of work, whether you stay with ABT or not. Regardless, you should treat everything you do with professionalism and respect. The report you find to be an annoyance may just be the most important thing in the victim's life.

Real police work is what all LEOs do at every level. Just check the ODMP; ANY of us can be taken at any time. If you believe that an LEO agency and its officers are beneath you because of what they primarily enforce, you are denying your fallen bretheren of the dignity, honor, and respect they deserve. Further, you are stripping their families of the legacy our fallen heroes have left behind. When you wear the badge you give yourself to the public you serve. If an officer dies as the result of a traffic crash, was his service less meaningful than the officer who was killed in a shoot-out? What about the rookie on his first day? Is his life worth less than a senior LEO's? It is grossly unfair to rate one's work as "real" and another's as being less than that. If you rate the work, you rate the man. An old supervisor once told me "It's not the badge that makes the man, it's the man that makes the badge".

To TRUE LEO: I've never met you, but I like your attitude. I'd be glad to have you back here.

:cop:

Real law Enforcement?? Real Leadership??? ABT agents need to be nonsworn?? As I read in a previous string - don't do anything to shame yourself, your supervisor or your agency - to many people on this board have done just that. As a twelve year veteran of this agency it saddens me that so many people do not take pride in what we do. Pride, integrity, performing "real" law enfocement duties, providing real leadership - these are all things that each and every one of us should be doing each and every day. These are not things that are dependent on good or bad supervisors - these are things that we should carry with us every day. We complain about the new people, we complain about the supervison, we complain about what we can and cannot do, we complain, complain, complain - and sometimes its valid - but we should not let our complaints prevent us from being who we are. We are a group of people who had a calling to become a law enforcement officers. Lets stand beside one another and support each other. This is supposed to be a brotherhood - a family. I will always stand by my brothers. If you do something wrong, I will face you face to face and talk about it and if you need me I will be there. Let's stand together and be proud!!!

Re: A NAME FOR YOU

Quote Originally Posted by TRUE LEO
    So you want a name, you don’t want this to remain Anonymous. Well here you go. My name is Brian Sauls, some of you know me, some of you think you know me and a few of you pretend to know me. I am TRUE LEO the author of this string. I have read this MB for several weeks and I am discussed at some of the things I have read. I can not believe that this is the same agency that I and others are fighting to get back to. Yes, I will admit I AM NOT prefect, I have complained about things before darn RIGHT I HAVE. Will I again if I come back, probably so.
    Let me tell all of you “real” law enforcement proponents, standing behind the emergency room at Gulf Pines Hospital having to watch that father fall to his knees was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life not just my career as a LEO. Preventing that is real law enforcement. The last time I checked the statute is in the book, therefore it is law, now go enforce it.
    So there you go, you wanted a name, there it is Brian Sauls, remember it you will see it again. As Arnold said “I’ll be back”.
    And no, this neither this post nor the first are meant to bash anyone, if you are upset by what I say, look in the mirror I might be talking about you. If you understand what I am saying then you are a "Real" law enforcement officer.
    Way to go Brian!! We all know you were done wrong and won that Human Resourcse Complaint. It is too bad that we have to chain our computers down to our desks and other property, in fear of Bong Boy trashing them and then we would have to report him and we would be sitting next to you. When are you coming back???

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast