Traffic Safety Vests
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Traffic Safety Vests

I don't recall seeing destroy all remnants of morale in the strategic plan.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't recall seeing destroy all remnants of morale in the strategic plan.
    This must be the same asshole that complains about having to place a piece of lifesaving equipment on his belt. Do us all a favor and leave. Maybe join what you call a "real police department" and see how long you last there.

We really need to start hiring people who know what it is to be a cop and not a bunch of whining babies who can't deal with taking orders.

Unregistered
    This must be the same asshole that complains about having to place a piece of lifesaving equipment on his belt. Do us all a favor and leave. Maybe join what you call a "real police department" and see how long you last there.

We really need to start hiring people who know what it is to be a cop and not a bunch of whining babies who can't deal with taking orders.
    Calm down Lieutenant. We get it. You're smarter than the rest of us. Just do us a favor and change your posts up a little. They're getting a bit redundant.

Unregistered

Your definition of being a cop is wearing a traffic safety vest because it's dark outside? Just stay behind your desk where it's safe and let the rest of us worry about being cops.

Unregistered
    This is so embarrassing. Please tell me the Chief or someone is going to step in and put a stop to this.

Unregistered
    What's the big deal about wearing a traffic vest? Can someone explain why its a topic here?

Unregistered
    What's the big deal about wearing a traffic vest? Can someone explain why its a topic here?
    We are apparently now required to wear a traffic vest while working events that are inside, while on bicycles, when it's dark and scary outside, etc. Now if you already knew that and can't figure out why it's a big deal then I can't help you.

Unregistered
    The good reasons - not for traffic vest per say but a high visibility uniform. 1. High visibility for patrons and other officers so everyone knows where a cop is, or a parking attendant, or u.s. security, or anyone else wearing a traffic vest because now we all look the same from more than 50 feet away at night (eweee look at all the cops. we are soooo safe). 2. Putting something in place to say something was brought back from a recent training (forward thinking and not afraid to make a decision) 3. Because the belief is they think it is better than before and it outweighs any negative (why would there be any negative right?). I don't think it was done with malice, just not with much thought because....
    The bad reasons for it...1. The traffic vest are all different ( several styles) other than being high visibility. 2. See #1 above for good reasons. Everyone outside at night who has a patrol or parking or security detail is wearing a similar vest other than saying Police on it which from say 50 feet or so can't be seen and all look alike. A patron in distress thinks they're going to a cop and awa snap...it's a parking attendant. 3. They look like crap and are not conducive to officer safety; mics make them hang, unless you tuck them in they cover the tools on the utility belt, and many are filthy from traffic details moving cone signs and whatnot. 4. Being high visibility makes clandestine Police work non existant. Try to ride up on someone covertly (bike patrol) not... try to walk up on a car on the parking lot to check it out without being seen... not. More thought needs to go into this. What happened to all the communication and committees. Some people can sling out a directive while others have to get certain blessings.

Command. Please address these issues and look for a viable alternative to get your idea across while making for concessions for functionality and productive Police work. Visibility issues have never been an issue. Crappie radios have been but we still have those.

Let's work together to make it safe and functional.
    In the mean time at least its getting cooler.

Unregistered
    The last post was well written and accurate however I believe the writer forgot one very important issue, we look like a bunch of assholes. Did I say assholes? I mean unprofessional. Or unprofessional assholes. Whatever, go bulls.

Unregistered
    This entire topic is really pathetic. What a bunch of idiots

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast