RE: Serious Question for Administration
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RE: Serious Question for Administration

I visit this site from time to time. I observed a post on here last night that was titled, "Serious Question for Administration". When I came back to the site to show someone this morning, the post was removed.

Is someone at the Davie Police Department attempting to cover up serious issues from the public? This is VERY concerning.

The post was not vulgar or offensive. It was of a serious nature and presented a good case. It offered the question of why Davie road patrol officers haven't been equipped with high powered rifles to combat criminals, who have become more violent and better armed.

It referenced the recent Miami-Dade shooting, and the LAPD North Hollywood Bank robbery shooting. It also made mention of the fact that violent crimes are on the rise, and that the nation is at a thirty year high for cops shot in the line of duty.

Moderator: Where did this post go? How many other posts have you deleted? Are you trying to cover something up? What else have you hidden from administration? As a Broward tax payer I demand to know. Perhaps this is something the public needs to be made aware of?

I expect a response from this site moderator. I await your answer.

Sincerely,
    Concerned Tax Payer

Concerned Tax Payer, here the original post (with a few additions):

When is road patrol going to be issued tactical assault rifles?

This is a very serious officer and public safety issue that must be dealt with immediately. Criminals are getting more violent and better armed. 2007 marks a 30-year high for cops shot and killed in the line of duty. How are we supposed to go up against someone, who jumps out of a vehicle with an AK-47?

Davie is an excellent department, and has always been progressive in terms of providing training and equipment to its officers. It?s time to realize the recent trend in violent crime and issue tactical assault rifles to road patrol officers. As criminals adapt and evolve, so must we! Our safety and our residents? safety depend on it.

Cases in Point:

North Hollywood Bank Robbery (02-28-97). Responding cops were out-gunned. LAPD has since equipped and trained their road patrol officers with tactical assault rifles. That was 10 years ago. Why haven?t we?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT001bovaHk

Broward Bank Robberies (2005-2006). Black males armed with AK-47s and ballistic vests robbed several banks across Broward. Realizing the threat to police officers and the public, many Broward departments provided road patrol with tactical assault rifles. That was over a year ago. Why haven?t we?

Southwest Miami-Dade (09-13-07). Black male jumps out of vehicle with an AK-47 gunning down four MDPD officers. Miami-Dade is ready and first responders arrive within minutes with tactical ARs in hand. They are properly equipped. Why aren?t we?

I'm sorry concerned tax payer but i dont know of the post that u are talking about. I have not visited this board in a couple days. Though i did not delete the post, I definately do not have to answer to you if i did. If u are concerned about the Davie PD then you should go to the administration yourself. I have deleted certain post that violated the rules and regulations of this site. If u have any questions please feel free to email me.

MOD 339

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

Re: RE: Serious Question for Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Tax Payer
    I visit this site from time to time. I observed a post on here last night that was titled, "Serious Question for Administration". When I came back to the site to show someone this morning, the post was removed.

Is someone at the Davie Police Department attempting to cover up serious issues from the public? This is VERY concerning.

The post was not vulgar or offensive. It was of a serious nature and presented a good case. It offered the question of why Davie road patrol officers haven't been equipped with high powered rifles to combat criminals, who have become more violent and better armed.

It referenced the recent Miami-Dade shooting, and the LAPD North Hollywood Bank robbery shooting. It also made mention of the fact that violent crimes are on the rise, and that the nation is at a thirty year high for cops shot in the line of duty.

Moderator: Where did this post go? How many other posts have you deleted? Are you trying to cover something up? What else have you hidden from administration? As a Broward tax payer I demand to know. Perhaps this is something the public needs to be made aware of?

I expect a response from this site moderator. I await your answer.

Sincerely,
    Concerned Tax Payer
    It looks like I may have accidentally moved it late last night when we were having system problems. I am moving it back. I apologize for any inconvenience. I don't even remember reading the post at this point.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

assault rifles

According to the Fallen Officers Memorial page, 55 cops have been murdered by gunfire since January of this year. More than 10% of these involve assault rifles. According to Metro-Dade county alone, only two homicides in 2005 were committed using assault rifles. This number jumped to 15 of 79 homicides in 2006 and so far 12 out of 60 this year have involved assault rifles. This staggering statistic only says one thing... WE ARE OUTGUNNED! The chief was in our briefing today. Afterwards I approached him and mentioned that we should be looking into arming us with some type of assault rifles and get rid of these antiquated 9mm carbine BB guns. We need to get with the program out there. The scumbags are using assault rifles and wearing body armor out there to "one up us". The suggestion was looked upon negatively however. It must be more important to spend $64,000 on an "ariel surviellance unit" to sit in the parking lot and rust. $64000 will buy a nice assortment of AR-15's or level 3 or 3A vests. I hope the city council will think of this before purchasing the next open space to keep out beloved town back in the era of .38 revolvers. Be careful out there, we only have ourselves to depend on!

Pinellas S.O here. Lots of depts. are stepping up to the plate to answer back to the bad guys. However, here's my opinion:

Say I am qualified w/my long gun (Oct 22 I go to carbine class) and I do a traffic stop. I'm not normally slinging the thing across my body (it's in the trunk where it will be) and when I walk up tto the vehicle Im not gonna have time to run back to the car, get it and start throwin' lead. I'm gong to have to rely on my Glock to protect me until I can get my butt to some cover/concealment. (Concealment,,now there's a funny word when trying to survive an AK47 attack.)

Re: assault rifles

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIE634
    According to the Fallen Officers Memorial page, 55 cops have been murdered by gunfire since January of this year. More than 10% of these involve assault rifles. According to Metro-Dade county alone, only two homicides in 2005 were committed using assault rifles. This number jumped to 15 of 79 homicides in 2006 and so far 12 out of 60 this year have involved assault rifles. This staggering statistic only says one thing... WE ARE OUTGUNNED! The chief was in our briefing today. Afterwards I approached him and mentioned that we should be looking into arming us with some type of assault rifles and get rid of these antiquated 9mm carbine BB guns. We need to get with the program out there. The scumbags are using assault rifles and wearing body armor out there to "one up us". The suggestion was looked upon negatively however. It must be more important to spend $64,000 on an "ariel surviellance unit" to sit in the parking lot and rust. $64000 will buy a nice assortment of AR-15's or level 3 or 3A vests. I hope the city council will think of this before purchasing the next open space to keep out beloved town back in the era of .38 revolvers. Be careful out there, we only have ourselves to depend on!
    I was told that JS is our spokesman? Maybe if you let others ask, maybe we could get stuff.... Just a thought.... Not a knock on you........ :wink:

response to pinellas s.o.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade
    Pinellas S.O here. Lots of depts. are stepping up to the plate to answer back to the bad guys. However, here's my opinion:

Say I am qualified w/my long gun (Oct 22 I go to carbine class) and I do a traffic stop. I'm not normally slinging the thing across my body (it's in the trunk where it will be) and when I walk up tto the vehicle Im not gonna have time to run back to the car, get it and start throwin' lead. I'm gong to have to rely on my Glock to protect me until I can get my butt to some cover/concealment. (Concealment,,now there's a funny word when trying to survive an AK47 attack.)
    The Carbine we have been trained to use was a knee jerk reaction to school shootings and active shooter situations when time is of the essence (prior to SRT being on scene) An AR, Bushmaster, etc. can be mounted in the front of your vehicle for quick access.

In response to DVZONA, This isn't a union matter. this is something that the administration needs to address to keep us safe out there.

DVzona

hey dvzona, click your heels 3 times and go back to your "happy times" thread!!

See article below. Notice that Miami is among the MANY cities who added patrol rifles to their arsenals AFTER horrific battles, which ended in cops being out gunned.

Given the latest statistics, which clearly show a leap in violent crime, it's only a matter of time before it happens in Davie. Road Patrol must be prepared before it happens.

If not for our safety, at least consider the safety of the residents of Davie.

http://www.policeone.com/writers/column ... les/134810

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast