How Many More? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Many More?

The problem with Alpha shift has nothing to do with traffic stops. Zones are getting raped for several reasons:
    1. The laziness that once only consumed day shift has been transplanted to midnights. More and more officers are taking the safe road and working only on their calorie intake.
    2. The group of officers who now are refusing to set perimeters or even show up to perimeters.
    3. The sergeants who have yet to back-up the other officers by addressing this laziness.
    4. The lack of absolutely any support from the so-called "flex-scheduled" specialized units who are afraid of the dark. If we have so many burglaries where is the street crime unit?

You gotta love Officers complaining about other guys out there trying to do some good. I especially like how they target the new guys. If you have a beef then man up and bring it up in briefing where your laziness can be put back on you.

In short: Go SOMEWHERE ELSE TO RETIRE. ALPHA DOESN'T WANT YOU!

afraid of the dark??? if u had any clue you would know that the scu are always changing their hours......unfortunately all the burglaries dont happen on alpha and for the majority of ones that do...a 4 man team isnt going to solve it...however if u would like to come in to that unit and make a difference feel free to try out...and show them how its really possible to solve the burglaries, because there hasn't been 1 single intelligent report come from alpha shift..giving the su any information on these 21s...and i'm talking about good investigative leads that most of alpha shift can get...not bs...info...with a car description

better INTEL

If we could get regular intel briefings instead of lame crime bulletins with useless information it might make a difference.

A response to our guest who writes like he's been there and done that quotes. Ok little man when you bone up and tell me who you are I will gladly meet with you one on one to express my views on your police performance or lack there of. Fact is that there are a few that leave their zones wide open, theres more to patrol then staying on the main highways looking for pc on a traffic stop for 57. Also doing 1050 right out of the box and making traffic arrest is just plain stupid when you leave you partners out without a backup because YOU are busy on a traffic arrest. Thats just great. Proud of you!
    As far as the specialized units, they cant do everything with the man power they lack. If you have a valid issue with them I suggest you talk to D218 or the Lt or the captain to see if you could offer an operational plan to addressed the issue. Im sure they will be eager to hear from you Mr. Anonymous.
    And if you think the older ones are lazy, might I suggest to come and find me to see what Im doing. Just because you dont hear anything doesnt mean nothing is going on. What a concept, Patrol!!!!! But I apologize you've been here much longer and are so much wiser then us. And in response that A shift doesnt want us. Then in response to your police work, GO to FHP I hear they are looking for good PSAs who just happen to carry a gun

First of all, I dont know how a post dealing with a murdered officer turned into officers bashing other officers, but alas it has. I dont post on this site to often and when I do I post my "REAL NAME", but some of the last couple posts need to be addressed. First the SCU is not the problem or the solution to ANY and I mean Any of the crimes that are taking place in our city. It is ALL of our duty to stop/prevent crime. The SCU officer is not the only officer that has acsess to the crime trend reports (we ALL do). I know plenty guys that go on the computer and use it to for crime trend reasons. If you have a problem with the SCU then put in for the position next time it comes up. Then once you get in the unit it can benifit from your wisdom.
    Second, The "NEW GUYS". The new guys should be out there being proactive and spreading their wings, proving to themselves, the public and the veterens that they can do this job (and yes at that stage of the game that means bullshit 10-50's and the things that come along with it). I am not going to mention names but some of us have seen the aftermath of New Officers that spent their whole probationary year at starbucks or vegas never missing a 10-40 or 10-10 because "they are entitlted to it". Again if you are a senior officer and a new officer needs some guidence on when they should or should not be doing 10-50's (I.E. when the city is busey or there are not enough units 10-8) then guide them. Trust me you dont need to be an FTO or SGT to give a Probationary Officer or any officer some help or consructive advice. And last I checked If your zone or district partner makes an arrest (bullshit or not) nothing prevents you from as you say patroling your zone or god forbid make an "on view Arrest of your own. I agree that being proactive must be balanced with an officers zone integrity. As long as these new guys are working be patient with them and guide them. The people on this post *****ing about the new officers are probably the ones that are missing their ever so important 10-40's.
    Third, I could not agree with the post from CDC. Hearing officers advise 10-50's and in the same breath say "I'll advise 10-4" is like nails on a chalk board. If the last 3 or 4 months have not served as a wake up call then maybe you should take some time and go down to the fallen officers funeral. We all have an obligation to do this job as safely and tacticaly as we can. We owe this pledge to our wives, husbands, mothers, fathers, other loved ones and each other.
    In closing sorry for such a long post. This is just my opinion nothing more and nothing less and I expect people to disagree with some if not all of what I said. I even expect a couple of people to disagree and be anonymous or hide bhind some cute little screen name. With that said be safe and watch each others back out there, we all wear the same badge.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie - 73
    Third, I could not agree with the post from CDC. Hearing officers advise 10-50's and in the same breath say "I'll advise 10-4" is like nails on a chalk board. If the last 3 or 4 months have not served as a wake up call then maybe you should take some time and go down to the fallen officers funeral. We all have an obligation to do this job as safely and tacticaly as we can. We owe this pledge to our wives, husbands, mothers, fathers, other loved ones and each other.
    In closing sorry for such a long post. This is just my opinion nothing more and nothing less and I expect people to disagree with some if not all of what I said. I even expect a couple of people to disagree and be anonymous or hide bhind some cute little screen name. With that said be safe and watch each others back out there, we all wear the same badge.
    Could not agree or could not agree more???? :?

I am sorry what I ment to say was could not agree MORE.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie 73
    I am sorry what I ment to say was could not agree MORE.
    I love it when people agree with me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just to touch on a few things. "Park East" is two words. When you hang out at fire stations you have a tendancy to get promoted. And some of our FTO's are useless.

Re: How Many More?

Quote Originally Posted by sickandtired
    Im going to spew for a little while due to the fact Im fed up with dirt bags and scum killing our fellow brothers and sisters on the streets. WE need to take the streets back and im listing our city managers and the purse string holders including our admin that budget cuts is and will be a slap in our face. We need better equipment to fight what I see a war that has been waged agaisnt us! And Im not talking about computers. Im talking about something better for the officer other than those 9mm pee shooters the dept lets us use. We need a one up on these thugs! Its time that certain people in that white and brick building on the west side realize that this is no longer "sleepy tree Plantation." Its time that certain admin B.U.T.T. kissers to the city need to get a pair and support better weapon issue to US! in my opinion I hold these people accountable if any of us become seriously injured or die due to the fact they support cuts and not supply us with the tools to wage war agaisnt the haters of police.
    I know some might respond thinking that im over reacting to a recent event, or some clowns will tease with some stupid remark. To those I say I feel very sorry for you. But its time that this issue come to light. Im tired of going to funerals knowing that it could be one of us. Why would it take a major event to get some change? I dont have the answers to this issue. Maybe some of you could respond with some ideas.
    Sorry for the long winded paragraph, Im just frustrated with the routine way our city fathers think that we could due without critical tools to help fight crime. After all it is their arses we protect!
    I heard that some big tools are coming are way to help fight the war on crime. If thats true, Im happy to hear that someone up there is waking up to the fact that we are out guned. Lets see if they follow through.
    peace! and be safe people!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast