Port Everglades Home Thread
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Port Everglades Home Thread

Welcome.
    This is the Official Port Everglades thread.
    You must have a current Port I.D. and a valid reason to be admitted to this thread.
    All computers are subject to a thorough search when entering this thread.
    Posting on this thread does not count as overtime.

How's your fearless leader? 10 + 10 = A SIGNAL TWENTY!

Welcome to the Port Everglades Thread

Paula or Phil???? : Careful you two, or he won't give you any OT! :P [/b]

This website runs about as fast as a VMS computer.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    This website runs about as fast as a VMS computer.
    We are in the process of having a new server installed this evening. Hopefully everything will be much better in the morning.

Thanks,

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Wait now I'm confused. This new server...Is it being installed at LEO Affairs or Port Everglades?

Wait now I'm confused. This new server...Is it being installed at LEO Affairs or Port Everglades?

Commander Latchford

People or PERSON (Paula) in District 14 complain about Commander Latchford being a micro manager. If you work with the Cry Baby Children (meaning the deputies and CSA's, some not all) that I do, you would understand the need for a micro manager (If that is what you think of his management style).

Some deputies came work in the port after 09/11/01 for the sole reason to make money. Some people came to the port due to the reason that they have exhausted their welcome in every district (almost) in the agency and they were dumped here. To hide them from the real world. These people, like Paula, believe the angency owes them something (even after being fired 3 times), well wake up, in the real world you people would not even be able to hold a dishwashing job at a fast food business that was going out of business.

We finally have a person (other then a Sgt.) that listens to my complaints, your complaints and the complaints from the cheif and tries to come up with a working solution. He does not fly off the handle, scream and shout and stomp his feet. He works with you , or me or the chief to find a solution to the problem and implements it. Does not just talk about it, does not run to the chief , does not go to your supervisor and put you on any %^&* list.

Do any of you Cry Babies remember our next to last XO, Sgt. Kalman, a female XO that in the 6 to 8 months she worked here, you never met? Do you remember? And when was the last time you got any grief from our chief. Please if you are not happy here.... go some where else... your continuing complaining just makes the day even longer.

I feel that Commander Latchford is a very GOOD thing that has happened to the district. What other rank above Sgt, actually has a REAL Open Door policy, (even for the cry babies) and not just for a select few? How many other people with rank, stood at the check point for hours on different occassions so they would understand what it was like?

Some of us are truley sorry for those few deputies or *DEPUTY* who have nothing else in there stink hole lives, that you can only work 8 hours of CRUISE OPS overtime per day and up to 30 hours a week, but we feel even more SORRY FOR YOUR SPOUSE'S ......

Well I'm sure I have pissed off at least one person, but who cares.... Some of us have to work overtime tomorrow, so I have to gey to sleep...

Das Port

The above Blog was spot on, however I do disagree with posting names (even though you are very accurate). There are more people that fit in that category; you have your militants, and rookies that push the envelope way too far. I believe the port should not have anyone assigned there with less than fifteen years on; it’s really not fair to them, and not fair to the senior people who need a break from a regular district. Senior guys who are slugs need not apply either. As for Cmdr. Latchford, if you make the effort to get to know him, you will see that he is straight forward, empathic, and fair. He is also one of the very few managers that interact with the troops. For some of the Deputies’ information, not all of the supervisors are out to get you, they to just want to do their jobs and go home to their families. Understand this; it would wear on anyone when grown men and women (Deputies & CSA’s) don’t answer their radios, can’t trouble shoot simple problems, bicker with each other, can’t read P&P about the proper uniform, call in sick all the time, rat on each other, don’t know their jobs, refuse to learn their jobs, state “that’s not my job” , and just are basically miserable people. We all need to get on the problem children (Deputies and CSA’s) and give them a verbal blanket party. If you are wondering; I am not a supervisor, nor am I a company man.

Re: Commander Latchford

Quote Originally Posted by Cry Babies
    People or PERSON (Paula) in District 14 complain about Commander Latchford being a micro manager. If you work with the Cry Baby Children (meaning the deputies and CSA's, some not all) that I do, you would understand the need for a micro manager (If that is what you think of his management style).

Some deputies came work in the port after 09/11/01 for the sole reason to make money. Some people came to the port due to the reason that they have exhausted their welcome in every district (almost) in the agency and they were dumped here. To hide them from the real world. These people, like Paula, believe the angency owes them something (even after being fired 3 times), well wake up, in the real world you people would not even be able to hold a dishwashing job at a fast food business that was going out of business.

We finally have a person (other then a Sgt.) that listens to my complaints, your complaints and the complaints from the cheif and tries to come up with a working solution. He does not fly off the handle, scream and shout and stomp his feet. He works with you , or me or the chief to find a solution to the problem and implements it. Does not just talk about it, does not run to the chief , does not go to your supervisor and put you on any %^&* list.

Do any of you Cry Babies remember our next to last XO, Sgt. Kalman, a female XO that in the 6 to 8 months she worked here, you never met? Do you remember? And when was the last time you got any grief from our chief. Please if you are not happy here.... go some where else... your continuing complaining just makes the day even longer.

I feel that Commander Latchford is a very GOOD thing that has happened to the district. What other rank above Sgt, actually has a REAL Open Door policy, (even for the cry babies) and not just for a select few? How many other people with rank, stood at the check point for hours on different occassions so they would understand what it was like?

Some of us are truley sorry for those few deputies or *DEPUTY* who have nothing else in there stink hole lives, that you can only work 8 hours of CRUISE OPS overtime per day and up to 30 hours a week, but we feel even more SORRY FOR YOUR SPOUSE'S ......

Well I'm sure I have pissed off at least one person, but who cares.... Some of us have to work overtime tomorrow, so I have to gey to sleep...
    The "P" girl should be the poster child for the PBA ! I guess since her husband works at IA she don't have to worry about her job, so she *****es (not new). be careful with her mouth though, the truth never comes out of it.

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast