"Scoring" the test

"Scoring" the test

THIS NEEDS ITS OWN THREAD

If they base the final list on both the written test and the assessment center, why are the final numbers given different weighted values? The written test is only 39% of the final score and the assessment is 61%?

Wouldn't it make sense that each candidate is awarded the number of points they actually earned? If there is a possible 100 on the written part and 100 on the assessment part, then (correct me if I am wrong) you can earn a possible 200 points. So, (here’s the tricky part) the person closest to 200 is ranked #1, the person second closest to 200 is ranked #2, and so on, and so on, and so on.

we all know where this is going.....

how else would certain people get the job.

Y'all are racists

You are all racists with a race based question you morons. Just study!!!

The written test is a breeze, but it doesn't have a whole lot to do with who gets promoted. If you did poorly on it, it's easier to support why they held someone back that they didn't plan on promoting anyway. It also shows whether or not you can read and answer something with some degree of competence. If you have trouble with the written test, you're not going anywhere unless you're related to the right people or selling drugs with the coalition. It is what it is, I'm not going to argue that. We all know how it really works but have you given any thought to that voodoo they have been doing with the officer performance stats? That is about to become a big part of all this. Twist the numbers around a bit and say, "No promotion here, CPL So and So is not a productive team member".

A Breeze?

If the test is such a breeze, how come only a few can pass it?

That's something that those who fail it need to look into. I find it hard to believe so many have trouble with it. But then again, you have people in the CS who have not passed it so it's obviously not everything.

Only few "qualify"/ :?