Negotiation update - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: huh

Quote Originally Posted by what 7
    Why arent you guys working to the rule ?
    What does "working to the rule" mean in English?

NEGOTIATION UPDATE

We now are working with no contract. All you eager beavers and newbies need to recognize that fact AND WORK THAT WAY!

Re: huh

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by what 7
    Why arent you guys working to the rule ?
    What does "working to the rule" mean in English?
    If the dispatcher wants you to respond to a call she'll call you; stop asking "what are you holding?" and stop volunteering for anything you're not sent to (obviously emergency backups are excluded). If the assignment requires a backup, get one sent and wait for him before you respond. If not but you feel a backup would be helpful, ask for one. Don't clear your call until you are finished with it; that includes paperwork, turning in evidence, etc. The quota is a ticket a day; that's what they get. Warning tickets are a nice way to meet the quota without alienating the taxpayer we may need in our corner. Arrests should be a last resort, not the first. You are not there to supply meaningless arrest stats to a Chief who has turned his back on us. They simply give him more dots on his damned graph he shows everyone while he's telling them "keep up the good work it's not going unnoticed". The Speed limit is for us as well as for citizens. Follow up phone calls should be done from a substation or the station; the department took a way zone phones to save money, forcing you to use your personal phone for department business. Everything you do should require a case number. If you patrol a parking lot, assist with a DAV, etc., it should all be documented with an MI card. Nothing here is meant to put anyones life in danger, but the freebies and cooperation with the city and our administration (that's redundant) MUST STOP! THEY HAVE CHOSEN THIS ROUTE, NOT US, AND WE BETTER SHOW UNITY IN OUR RESPONSE!

The last post is exactly right! Ask yourself when the last time the department showed you ANY kind of suuport. Ask your self what they want and then what you want. You come first and they need to find that out. Do your jobs but don't do theirs for them. We need more officers than they will admit. We need to have equal pay and benefits to our peers in other agencies. They don't care about you! Its time to STOP DOING MORE WITH LESS. Make them keep up!

Wasn't there another meeting with the city last night?

O.K., what exactly is going on with the negotiations? Why aren't we working to the rule? Why aren't we doing a work slow down? How come nothing official is coming from the union?

I understand that the union leadership is dissatisfied with the turn out at union meetings, along with the turn out at the budget meeting. I also understand that them members are fed up with being kept in the dark. We can only hear that "we're doing things behind the scenes" for so long. I think the presentation on the statistics to the H.O.A.'s is great, but it was long over due.

I don't think that we are going to get a fare and equitable contract with out the H.O.A.'s help or without the help of business owners. Are we tapping these resources? Do the H.O.A.'s and the business owners know that if our contract is a bust that it will directly affect them? Not because we "threaten" to work to the rule but because there will be really no cops left to protect them. Hell, there are really no cops now!

I think that if we had H.O.A. members and business owners standing with us, outside, at the budget meeting, it would have had a greater impact on the city. Right now we look like a bunch of cry babies. If we had positive citizen support and alot of it, then that would make a statement to the city. Without it, we get a 3,2,2, loose our details, loose our arbitration, and etc. or we get a contract imposed on us. I'm no longer optimistic. At this point I think we are sunk. I hope I'm wrong because this place really sucks. I can't imagine it getting worse. It will though!!

If we do work to the rule it should be not oly because of the contract but the excessive disipline for nonsense, the stupid and inane "action plans/directed patrol," and because morale just plain sucks.

This, however, is a double edged sword because if we do this we hurt the H.O.A.'s and the business owners, which will in-turn give us less support.

And another thing...
    Gretsas' leadership style is the equivalent to that of how Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned to the ground. Why is this not being exposed?
    He has made promises to the citzens that have gone unkept. A person was killed on 8 Ave. in 206 zone because he ordered us out of there. Where are the tapes of the 66ed calls? Why haven't they been released to the media?

It seems everything just goes to the wayside and is forgotten about. The city is $768 million into a $555 million budget to fix the pipes or plumbing... I don't know. Whatever is being done that requires every road in the city to be torn up at once. This alone is killing business off of the west end of Davie Blvd. I know for a fact that the business owners are not happy about this. Some have filed for bankruptcy. The City is $24 million short for the new fire stations. The list goes on and on.

This guys incompetence is blatant but he and staff are so good a P.R. that they come out smelling like roses. Where the hell is our P.R. department? We are too reactive. The best defense is a good offense.

And I haven't forgotten...
    Woohoo, $3.5 million for cameras in the patrol cars. Hey George why not use that money to create a full time booking facility. You know to be more efficiant that way we can arrest more people. Hire a full time booking staff!!! Or give us rifles. You know, something useful, a tint meter or another "Domestic Violence" Stamp for write up. We're only down to one stamp and it only says "Domestic" on it. Throw us a bone!!!

Buy more 32-38 mens pants!!! Mine are almost see-thru!!! How about car that can spend more time on the road that in the garage!!!

The camera cars won't happen. We can barely get the MDT's to work right. We have the D.L. swipe machines that have been sitting in the basement for years. The cameras will sit in boxes next to the D.L. swipe machines. I just hope we dont run out of room down there.

I do think our union reps are working for us. I know they have a tough job. I just needed to vent... alot.

O.K., I'm done and tired. Feel free to make snide comments. :twisted:

Grow a pair already

An official un official ruling needs to be called for already! Why are they waiting ?

Ft Laud

We need to go to BSO, now that kenne 's gone who cares lets go, pay nothing to the retirement thats a 7% raise right there, new cars computers and work to the rule year round to avoid p.c. (ia).

Yea and work 5 days a week....NOT!

Do you even know what work to the rule means? I think there are only about ten of left who actually have done it.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast