Negotiation update
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Negotiation update

All off-duty members should show up at cit hall on Tuesday the 18th we will meet in the parking lot on the west side of city hall. As for negotiations there are no new updates. We are scheduled to meet with the City on the 19th but they have yet to put any real money on the table or address our issues with the pension.

Good luck tonight. Let us know how everything goes.

To those who showed up last night I appreciate it. Remember we are negotiating a contract for everyone and everyone needs to be involved. For those who did not show up and were not working there is no excuse. Remember your union is only as strong as it's members. There will be a full disclosure of where we are in negotiations at next tuesdays general meeting. For those of you who are spreading the rumor that I will "sell out" to get promoted I don't think I would have made the statements I made last night if this were the case. But then again I'm sure the people spreading the rumors weren't there last night to here it.

Soooooooo the city offers:

NO Cola
    FRS Pension for all new members
    City take over of details

Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by guest7654
    Soooooooo the city offers:

NO Cola
    FRS Pension for all new members
    City take over of details

Ouch
    You guys are doomed.. Don't take it fight, Fight and FIGHT... If not we will be screwed next... It's bleak for all LEOs in south florida..

What crap!

Good job Jack on the radio today. Wish you could have been on longer.

What happened?

AM radio WIOD Saturday morning first had Nick Navaro on who said he wasn't on because he was running for sheriff but because he wanted to show support for the FLPD. He said the commission has not been doing well by the officers. Then Jack came on and said that the dept is in a mess quoting the number of people who left to retire and the number of people who left to go to other agencies. He said it was all the city commission's fault. That we can't be the well respected agency we once were when we're the lowest paid PD in the county. He did what he could with the 60 seconds they gave him.

huh

Why arent you guys working to the rule ?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast