Welcome Aboard - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welcome Aboard

Re: Just Incorporated

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bagger 4 Life
    What's the matter, you got rejected by MDPD and now you are bitter 'cause you were denied the privilege of running with the Big Dogs? The fact is that newly incorporated municipal police agencies will get nothing but retired cops, mostly from MDPD and rejects like you who could not make at a major police department.

GET A LIFE!
    Don't worry. When all of un-incorperated Miami-Dade is incorporated, you can still get a job at Sweetwater and Hialeah Gardens.

I mean with Doral, Miami-Lakes, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest, Miami-Gardens, East and West Kendell, and the other affluent areas already incorporating, all that you will have left is that lovely north end of the county. At that point you will be no better off than Opa Locka.

So stop hating on the municipal police officers and while were at it; Why don't you wear green again?
    Uh, did you just include the city of Miami Gardens as an "affluent area?" LOL! Have you even been in that area lately? LMAO!!! Wow, as a citizen of the city, I must say that I feel so honored to be living in an "affluent area." LOL HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! QUE LOCURA!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Good PD

I've had the chance to work with the county narcotics bureau, both street level and TNT and have to say they are squared away. In addition, in several ocassions, the uniforms have assisted us with transports, searching females, and plain old good back up.

I have to say I'm proud of working along with MDPD. Keep up the good work.

The less than affluent have decided to pay MORE TAXES rather than have MDPD patrol their streets. Read it and weep.

Miami Gardens Swears In New Police Force
    Reporting

Natalia Zea MIAMI (CBS4) ― Another milestone has been reached for the City of Miami Gardens as the city's new Police Chief, Matthew Boyd, swears in and administers the oath of office to more than 150 news officers Thursday evening at Dolphin Stadium.

"The establishment of the Miami Gardens Police Department is an excellent benchmark for this City, defining progress, ability, and foresight on the part our elected officials, administrators, and residents who supported the challenge to move forward with a municipal police department," said Mayor Shirley Gibson. "As a community we are moving in a desirable direction. Significant changes are taking place throughout the City, which over time will improve the quality of life for our residents."

In new black and white cruisers emblazoned with the slogan words "Miami Gardens Police, Building a Safer Community", Miami Gardens officers will assume control of their city from Miami Dade Police officers on December 16th, 2007.

"The Miami Gardens Police Department is an essential asset to this community and will certainly be a major contributing factor to helping us build a safer community," said Chief Boyd. "We want people to feel comfortable again in their neighborhoods by reducing crime and cleaning-up out streets."

Incorporated in 2003, the City of Miami Gardens was the 33rd city in Miami-Dade County. With a population of approximately 109-thousand, it is the third largest city in the county. It is the largest predominantly African-American municipality in the State of Florida and boasts many Caribbean residents.

In 2007, the City hosted the 41st annual Super Bowl and in 2010 has been named the host city for the 43rd Super Bowl.

MGPD: A Band-Aid for a Flesh Wound.

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Pssshhh.... :roll: When the residents of MG voted to form their own police force, I believe they were just looking for a quick fix. I've worked in that city, and it'll take a miracle by a higher-power to clean that place up. Everyone's excuse for the high crime: police, police, police! "The police aren't arresting anybody! I hardly ever see the police in my neighborhood!" Well, how about putting pressure on the judges and State Attorney's Office to put some of those "law-breaking" thugs away, and stop requesting police assisitance on really, really, really petty situations(barking dogs, neighbor breaking water restrictions, kids playing basketball in the street). :x If it weren't for calls like those, then maybe we could have the opportunity to patrol your street. I wish MGPD the best of luck, and I hope that the residents and police-force can work together to the area a safer place. :P

They never asked for my input. :(

The city never asked for any of the residents to vote on the issue of creating a new police department. Honestly, I believe that more than 60-70% of this community can care less for the police(I, however, support them fully), or what department patrols this community for that matter. I have gone on a few ride-alongs with the MDPD: Miami Gardens Station, and it consists of some very hard-working men and women who do their hardest to clean up the streets. If creating a new department meant raising taxes astronomically, then the majority of residents would've struck the idea down with a baseball-bat. LOL! Thank you, commissioners for raising my taxes and doing my thinking for me.

I WONDER IF THE COUNTY HAD 150 OFFICERS AT THE SUBSTATION JUST FOR THE CITY ? HELL, UNDER THE COUNTY'S "PATROL" IT is ONE OF THE MOST CRIME INFESTED CITIES ACCORDING TO AOL. SO WITH THE NEW DEPT, IT CAN ONLY GO DOWN.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123