Our Brother 3655K - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AFOR
    The less said about an officer's identity here the best. Anonymity is the key to keeping officers reading and posting here.

As far as admin watching what we have on our cars, don't kid yourself. I know an officer who put a "Support Our Troops" ribbon on their car. By the end of the day Staff 3 had emails going up and down the chain to get the magnetic decal removed. But the major things going on are ignored.

"They swallow a camel, but strain on a gnat".
    Your anonimity may be just the thing that is stopping people who post here from actually seeing progress made. There are numerous posts complaining about LPD - yet no-one signs their name - and it appears from the content of those posts that no-one puts their name, face and badge number in a position to challenge the powers that be for whatever it is they are complaining about. If you're not part of the solution - you're part of the problem. I'm all for exercising your first amendment rights, and for the occasional venting, but post after post whines about everything that's wrong at LPD. If it's that bad - and you don't want to come forward to take the initiative and responsibilty for whatever problem you perceive - then what good are these posts??

for those of you at lpd, thankyou for supporting matt. a cop is a cop,the color of their uniform shouldn't dictate who mourns the loss. you guys continue to do what is in your hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by 2007Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AFOR
    The less said about an officer's identity here the best. Anonymity is the key to keeping officers reading and posting here.

As far as admin watching what we have on our cars, don't kid yourself. I know an officer who put a "Support Our Troops" ribbon on their car. By the end of the day Staff 3 had emails going up and down the chain to get the magnetic decal removed. But the major things going on are ignored.

"They swallow a camel, but strain on a gnat".
    Your anonimity may be just the thing that is stopping people who post here from actually seeing progress made. There are numerous posts complaining about LPD - yet no-one signs their name - and it appears from the content of those posts that no-one puts their name, face and badge number in a position to challenge the powers that be for whatever it is they are complaining about. If you're not part of the solution - you're part of the problem. I'm all for exercising your first amendment rights, and for the occasional venting, but post after post whines about everything that's wrong at LPD. If it's that bad - and you don't want to come forward to take the initiative and responsibilty for whatever problem you perceive - then what good are these posts??
    And which 3rd floor office do you work out of? Are you kidding me?? Do you think we don't see what happens when you open you mouth, try to be part of the solution, etc? You get stepped on, rememebered as the guy who.....whatever. Come on, who wants to suffer that kind of stress just for putting their opinion out there. 190 did open his mouth in a recent email response, he put it out there, he identified himself. We'll watch and see where that gets him and if LPD is truly concerned about that their officers think why is it every survey, questionnaire, and "fire-side chat" with chief is a joke and nothing ever changes. There's always some excuse why we can't change something an officer sees as problematic, or how it would cost too much. Why don't we identify ourselves? Because it would do no good..........well it would do you good ACOP, but it wouldn't help us the least bit.

Quote Originally Posted by k9riso
    for those of you at lpd, thankyou for supporting matt. a cop is a cop,the color of their uniform shouldn't dictate who mourns the loss. you guys continue to do what is in your hearts.

The 3rd floor only cares about themselves and nobody else including the officers at LPD so we know they don't care about Matt or any other Deputy, Trooper or City Officer. The patrol officers care about all officers no matter what the uniform color. When Matt was murdered a part of us also died and he will be with us everytime we go 10-8 even if these PRI**S we work for won't allow a bumper sticker honoring "OUR BROTHER MATT"

Re: 3655k

Quote Originally Posted by nancy williams
    To all the leo that continue to honor my husband, Thank you. Thank you for fighting to have his number on your car. I am not sure why your Cheif is so against it, but I am sure he must have a very good reason. I know this, because I know that he would never be so heartless to refuse to allow my husbands fellow officers to show their respect for their fellow brother. What happened to my husband, could happen to anyone of them at anytime, they know this, and I am sure the Cheif also knows this. So I can only believe in my heart that he must have a very valid reason to have any sticker that is placed on Lakelands Police Cars removed. I can tell you that each time myself and my children see any LEO police car with my husbands badge number on it, we know that he rides with each and everyone of them. It somehow helps to know that he lives on. That he is still out there doing what he loved to do, only now he is doing through the LEO that ride around in pride with his badge number displayed. If I am wrong, and the Cheif does not have a good reason for not allowing his LPD officers to display my husbands badge number on their car, then I can only pray that his family will never have to know the pain that my children and I have felt, as well as the pain that my husbands fellow officers have felt. May God bless him and all LEO that risk their life daily to protect all of the rest of us.

Thank you so much,

Nancy Williams
    Widow spouse of the great K9 Deputy Vernon Matt Williams eow 09/28/2006
    Call 834-6900 and ask for Roger Boatner.

[quote=Powerpuff Girls]
    Quote Originally Posted by "nancy williams":1e6mmpqn
    To all the leo that continue to honor my husband, Thank you. Thank you for fighting to have his number on your car. I am not sure why your Cheif is so against it, but I am sure he must have a very good reason. I know this, because I know that he would never be so heartless to refuse to allow my husbands fellow officers to show their respect for their fellow brother. What happened to my husband, could happen to anyone of them at anytime, they know this, and I am sure the Cheif also knows this. So I can only believe in my heart that he must have a very valid reason to have any sticker that is placed on Lakelands Police Cars removed. I can tell you that each time myself and my children see any LEO police car with my husbands badge number on it, we know that he rides with each and everyone of them. It somehow helps to know that he lives on. That he is still out there doing what he loved to do, only now he is doing through the LEO that ride around in pride with his badge number
    displayed. If I am wrong, and the Cheif does not have a good reason for not allowing his LPD officers to display my husbands badge number on their car, then I can only pray that his family will never have to know the pain that my children and I have felt, as well as the pain that my husbands fellow officers have felt. May God bless him and all LEO that risk their life daily to protect all of the rest of us.

Thank you so much,

Nancy Williams
    Call 834-6900 and ask for Roger Boatner.[/quote:1e6mmpqn]

Not sure who posted this number. I emailed him, if he would like to talk to me he can call me, I have stated how I feel... He can get my number from any pcso deputy, if he would like to explain why it is such a bad thing to have my husbands badge number displayed on city police cars.

Thank You.

DEAR MRS. WILLIAMS,

I HAVE WORKED AT LPD FOR NEARLY A DECADE AND I WAS AT WABASH AND TENTH STREET ON THAT SEPTEMBER DAY.

YOU MAY HAVE READ A FEW POSTS AND NOTICED THAT THE CONTINUING PROBLEM WITH LPD IS THAT THE STAFF DOESNT LISTEN TO THE OFFICERS.

MRS. WILLIAMS, DUE TO YOUR POSITION I BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN MAKE A CHANGE AT OUR AGENCY AND MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR YOUR HUSBANDS BADGE NUMEBR TO BE PROUDLY DISPLAYED ON OUR CARS ONCE AGAIN.

IF YOU DO HEAR BACK FROM OUR FEARLESS LEADER PLEASE POST WHAT YOU CAN ON HERE SO WE CAN SEE THE REAL THRUTH. BE PREPARED FOR THE TYPICAL RESPONSE OF WE'LL LOOK INTO IT OR ITS OUT OF OUR HANDS..

IM SURE YOU KNOW A PARTICULAR SHERIFF WHO MIGHT BE ABLE TO SWAY AN OPINION OVER IN LAKELAND...

TAKE CARE

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous

IF YOU DO HEAR BACK FROM OUR FEARLESS LEADER PLEASE POST WHAT YOU CAN ON HERE SO WE CAN SEE THE REAL THRUTH. BE PREPARED FOR THE TYPICAL RESPONSE OF WE'LL LOOK INTO IT OR ITS OUT OF OUR HANDS..

TAKE CARE
    Change fearless to fearful.. he wont say anything to any of us... so we have to hear it somehow

Change

It really suprises me to hear that there seems to be so many issues with the leadership at LPD. If we are having issue with-in an organization that leads to our officers feeling as though they are not being heard.....well it is time for a change. I understand that problems will always exist and that you can't please everyone, but ths is not what I am hearing in these post.

I know my brother was willing, any day he went to work, to give hs life for the people of this community. On September 28, 2006 at around 11:30ish, he did just that. To think that any person in Law Enforcement would have any issue with displaying with honor, his name or badge number as well as DiOGi (by the way, he too was an officer that gave his life for the greater good) is just another sign of how messed up our country has become. There is not a person I have ever met that Matt Williams would not have given his life for. That was the type of man he was.

This country was founded as a voice for the people, by the people and of the people. Maybe it is time we take it back. If it is true that the brass is making this call, maybe it is time for new brass. As LEO's, you serve not for self for the good of the community you serve. Let's just pray that this become the new attitude of those who make the decisions, not just on a local level but nationally as well. Removing these stickers do nothing to benifit this community. Leaving them however, shows that we remember the sacrafice Matt and Diogi made, and given the opportunity, I know by the blood the courses through my veins, he would do it again.

For those of you who serve this community with honor, Be careful, let God's loving hand guide you on the streets and may his blessing fill your families lives.

Joe Williams - Brother of Matt Williams (EOW 9/28/06)

Quote Originally Posted by nancy williams
    To all the leo that continue to honor my husband, Thank you. Thank you for fighting to have his number on your car. I am not sure why your Cheif is so against it, but I am sure he must have a very good reason. I know this, because I know that he would never be so heartless to refuse to allow my husbands fellow officers to show their respect for their fellow brother. What happened to my husband, could happen to anyone of them at anytime, they know this, and I am sure the Cheif also knows this. So I can only believe in my heart that he must have a very valid reason to have any sticker that is placed on Lakelands Police Cars removed. I can tell you that each time myself and my children see any LEO police car with my husbands badge number on it, we know that he rides with each and everyone of them. It somehow helps to know that he lives on. That he is still out there doing what he loved to do, only now he is doing through the LEO that ride around in pride with his badge number displayed. If I am wrong, and the Cheif does not have a good reason for not allowing his LPD officers to display my husbands badge number on their car, then I can only pray that his family will never have to know the pain that my children and I have felt, as well as the pain that my husbands fellow officers have felt. May God bless him and all LEO that risk their life daily to protect all of the rest of us.

Thank you so much,

Nancy Williams
    No pretty much he is that heartless along with Fleet..

Sorry to say..

RIP Brother Matt

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast