Our Brother 3655K - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

As usual our fearless staff, through email, stands behind a policy in order to deprive us of paying respect to a fallen BROTHER. Instead of using commen sense and displaying any honor or compassion they cave in to another city department. Guess we shouldn't expect much else until we actually get a leader. 2010? Stand Strong.

What makes you think 2010 will bring anything better? We'll most likely hire from within. Looks like more of the same for all of us. Stand strong and then bend over.

Tango Up, you brought up a good point about the "criminal mischief" report every so many miles. What if you live in the county and the sticker suddenly appears on your issued vehicle? Technically that criminal mischief would have occured in the county, wouldn't we need to call PCSO for a report?

"Uh hello, this is LPD, we need a Deputy to respond to a location ref s51 to a police vehicle. Uh, it's in reference to one of those stickers, you know the 3655K being placed on one of our vehicles, and it's against policy."

When they ask for the registration, do we just give them Tom Blankey's personal information as the registered owner? If we wreck these cars, does his insurance go up?

To all the leo that continue to honor my husband, Thank you. Thank you for fighting to have his number on your car. I am not sure why your Cheif is so against it, but I am sure he must have a very good reason. I know this, because I know that he would never be so heartless to refuse to allow my husbands fellow officers to show their respect for their fellow brother. What happened to my husband, could happen to anyone of them at anytime, they know this, and I am sure the Cheif also knows this. So I can only believe in my heart that he must have a very valid reason to have any sticker that is placed on Lakelands Police Cars removed. I can tell you that each time myself and my children see any LEO police car with my husbands badge number on it, we know that he rides with each and everyone of them. It somehow helps to know that he lives on. That he is still out there doing what he loved to do, only now he is doing through the LEO that ride around in pride with his badge number displayed. If I am wrong, and the Cheif does not have a good reason for not allowing his LPD officers to display my husbands badge number on their car, then I can only pray that his family will never have to know the pain that my children and I have felt, as well as the pain that my husbands fellow officers have felt. May God bless him and all LEO that risk their life daily to protect all of the rest of us.

Thank you so much,

Nancy Williams
    Widow spouse of the great K9 Deputy Vernon Matt Williams eow 09/28/2006

Mrs. Williams, very well said !!!

God Bless You And Your Family Nancy!! We Are Always Thinking Of You!

It is kind of hard for a staff that does not care about their officers or direction of their department to worry about honoring a fallen brother when they are busy counting how much money they have made in the drop so far !

Re: 3655k

Quote Originally Posted by nancy williams
    To all the leo that continue to honor my husband, Thank you. Thank you for fighting to have his number on your car. I am not sure why your Cheif is so against it, but I am sure he must have a very good reason. I know this, because I know that he would never be so heartless to refuse to allow my husbands fellow officers to show their respect for their fellow brother. What happened to my husband, could happen to anyone of them at anytime, they know this, and I am sure the Cheif also knows this. So I can only believe in my heart that he must have a very valid reason to have any sticker that is placed on Lakelands Police Cars removed. I can tell you that each time myself and my children see any LEO police car with my husbands badge number on it, we know that he rides with each and everyone of them. It somehow helps to know that he lives on. That he is still out there doing what he loved to do, only now he is doing through the LEO that ride around in pride with his badge number displayed. If I am wrong, and the Cheif does not have a good reason for not allowing his LPD officers to display my husbands badge number on their car, then I can only pray that his family will never have to know the pain that my children and I have felt, as well as the pain that my husbands fellow officers have felt. May God bless him and all LEO that risk their life daily to protect all of the rest of us.

Thank you so much,

Nancy Williams
    Widow spouse of the great K9 Deputy Vernon Matt Williams eow 09/28/2006

Wise and fair words, Ms. Williams. We respect and appreciate your husband's sacrifice.

Re: 3655K

Quote Originally Posted by BEENAROUNDAWHILE
    IT'S SAD TO THINK THAT THE POWERS THAT BE DEMANDED THE DECALS BE TAKEN OFF THE CARS.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS. THE 3655K STICKERS REMIND EACH OF US HOW QUICKLY OUR LIVES CAN CHANGE. THEY ALSO REMIND THE PUBLIC THAT WE SUPPORT EACH OTHER, EVEN WHEN THEY DON'T.

THE LACK OF COMPASSION AT THIS DEPARTMENT IS SICKENING...

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO ORDER MORE OF THE 3655K DECALS AND I WILL CONTINUE TO PLACE ONE ON MY CAR FOR SEVERAL YEARS TO COME.

I'd suggest we circumvent this order. Simply print 3655K on a sheet of white paper as big as you can and tape it inside your back window facing outward. That way, there is no alteration of the vehicle and the point is made nice and clear. I don't recall any policy about temporary items inside the vehicle, do you?

I'm a Tampa cop. Where do I get the bumper sticker from? I'll plaster mine and my squad's cars - we would be honored to put Matt Williams' badge number in our cars.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast