PBA involvement - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PBA involvement

The PBA successfully filed an unfair labor practice suit againt ABT over the 35 mile policy. As a result, agents living outside the 35 miles before the new policy was implemented were grandfathered in and any money paid is supposed to be refunded. That hasn't happened yet. The PBA has met with Chief Beckey on at least three occassions to discuss various issues, one of which is the quota system evaluations. There has been no resolution as of yet, I guess they'll have to wait and go over this issue with the New Director. The PBA has assisted in at least 2 discipline cases, one in Orlando, one in Tallahassee. Some even credit the PBA with some recent changes in Central office, sure didn't hurt.

The contract is the same as the IUPA contract, which was the same as the PBA contract before IUPA took over. A few changes were made by IUPA, but for the most part it stayed the same as it has been for years. Some changes have been presented to Management services and like it not, nothing happens fast with management serivces.

Not getting the raise was certainly a disappointment. But, no one got a raise, not just law enforcement. If you had gone to the legislative session, you would have seen the PBA lobbying for the raise every single day. So blame them if you want for failure to get the raise. What you should be doing is writing and calling your local representative and senator complaining and letting them know your vote will won't be there for them if all state employees don't get a raise.

Quote Originally Posted by PBA member
    The PBA successfully filed an unfair labor practice suit againt ABT over the 35 mile policy. As a result, agents living outside the 35 miles before the new policy was implemented were grandfathered in and any money paid is supposed to be refunded. That hasn't happened yet. The PBA has met with Chief Beckey on at least three occassions to discuss various issues, one of which is the quota system evaluations. There has been no resolution as of yet, I guess they'll have to wait and go over this issue with the New Director. The PBA has assisted in at least 2 discipline cases, one in Orlando, one in Tallahassee. Some even credit the PBA with some recent changes in Central office, sure didn't hurt.

The contract is the same as the IUPA contract, which was the same as the PBA contract before IUPA took over. A few changes were made by IUPA, but for the most part it stayed the same as it has been for years. Some changes have been presented to Management services and like it not, nothing happens fast with management serivces.

Not getting the raise was certainly a disappointment. But, no one got a raise, not just law enforcement. If you had gone to the legislative session, you would have seen the PBA lobbying for the raise every single day. So blame them if you want for failure to get the raise. What you should be doing is writing and calling your local representative and senator complaining and letting them know your vote will won't be there for them if all state employees don't get a raise.
    Pleaze spare me.

PBA

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    with less than 10% of abt as members, why would the pba go out of their way? If everyone was a member (including a unit for the 40 lt's, then you would have a voice that could be heard.) Right now the issues they address for us are the ones that impact the bargaining unit as a whole, or have a potential to.
    If that is PBA's attitude, no wonder they have less than 10%. A true organization would motivate it's members and encourage them to get involved. But, with that attitude, I can see why many of us are in that less than category. I am taking my money elsewhere. Hell, I want a refund for what they got already.

Re: PBA

Quote Originally Posted by guest of a guest
    with less than 10% of abt as members, why would the pba go out of their way? If everyone was a member (including a unit for the 40 lt's, then you would have a voice that could be heard.) Right now the issues they address for us are the ones that impact the bargaining unit as a whole, or have a potential to.
    If that is PBA's attitude, no wonder they have less than 10%. A true organization would motivate it's members and encourage them to get involved. But, with that attitude, I can see why many of us are in that less than category. I am taking my money elsewhere. Hell, I want a refund for what they got already.
    Dont cancel. PBA use to have a great life insurance policy better than a "peice of the rock" whcih was included in your dues that is why they were referred to as PBA (Pall-Bearer Association) for a long-time. Peace out. :shock:
    :shock: :shock:

Re: PBA

Quote Originally Posted by guest of a guest
    Dont cancel. PBA use to have a great life insurance policy better than a "peice of the rock" whcih was included in your dues that is why they were referred to as PBA (Pall-Bearer Association) for a long-time. Peace out. :shock:

To all the PBA members like me... thank you, your support and caring about AB&T are evident. To those of you who are not PBA members, you are welcome. You will get the benefit of the ones who are members and paying dues.
    I feel certain that they will come through for us, it might take time, but it will happen.

PBA

Trust me you need something to protect you and the dues are cheap compared to having to hire a lawyer out of your pocket. I have seen the PBA defend agents and get them their jobs back and get time off reduced. They may not be the best in the land but they are what we have and I believe they do try. Need to think about throwing them the support they need. The dues are tax deductible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12