Randle prefiles for Santa Rosa sheriff
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Randle prefiles for Santa Rosa sheriff

It's time for a CHANGE in Santa Rosa County all I hope for is someone other than Wendell becomes sheriff.

Robert Randle, deputy police chief for the Gulf Breeze Police Department, has prefiled to run for Santa Rosa County sheriff.

Randle, a graduate of the University of West Florida and the FBI National Academy, has more than 27 years of law enforcement experience.

He has served as an undercover narcotics investigator, police K-9 handler and patrol sergeant and lieutenant before becoming deputy police chief.

Randle, who will run as a Republican, lives in Milton with his wife, Ellen.

Two other candidates also have prefiled for sheriff: incumbent Wendell Hall and Escambia County deputy Jeffery Van Camp Sr.

*copied from pnj.com Sept 6,2007*
    Link:
    http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/app ... 1/70905023

Ok Gil Fish can you please tell the readers why Wendell shouldn't be re-elected? We all know he looks to good to the voters to be ousted. Remeber, the product itself is not as important as the way it looks! :lol:

I guess there are no responses. All I want to know is why Randle would be the better choice or why Gil Fish wants somebody other than Wendell to be sheriff. For those who were not here in 2004, ask around about what happened to those who did not support the sheriff. Some got transferred, some got the boot. Some got screwed because they were suspected of supporting another candidate. In other words, the very big man acted like a spoiled brat.

Shark Chum,

There is no one candidate better than the other at this point, none of the candidates have really started to campaign yet and I’m not supporting anyone yet not until I hear what they have to offer the department. I was simply putting out there; there are other choices But It is time to have a Sheriff that will support the troops when the time comes and not coward to the public. I understand there are times when you need to play both sides, that’s what politicians do but there’s a better way to do it without screwing over the troops in the field just because you’re afraid to lose a vote. But you hit the nail on the head with that comment. I to remember several people that were getting transferred or getting screwed with because it was either thought they supported or they did support someone else.

Santa Rosa County has been and will always be a "good ole boy" county. A county commissioner owns a business that recieves revenue from the county. That same county commisoner wants the sheriff to cut his budget and the deputies' benefits. I guess it doesn't matter that several senior county employess make around 100 grand a year. I think the county could use some trimming of its budget, especially to Mr. Gooden's beach contract. We also have a sheriff who promised that we would not loose certian things, such as annual increases, take home cars, etc. This same sheriff refused to put that into a contract. This same sheriff also "met" with Gordon Gordon prior to the county abolishing senority. If he is "fighting" for us why does he not take a stand? Why wont he put his promises into the contract? $50.00 boot allowance per year? Wow, I'm impressed. He is more concered about appearance than our future. He harps on deputies for being too fat although they are the hardest working deputies on the streets. He is more concerend about votes and that 100 plus thousand dollar salary than our benefits. He's allowed the buddy system to go too far. He made precedents in that a trainee was recommended for termintation but because his cousin was in charge of HR, he was retained. You know the rest. The sheriff wants to kiss the butts of those who pay those campaign contributions. It's too bad another deputy I know is about to leave for another agency. He's one of hte best around. I guess chalk up another loss of a good deputy. Between the BOCC and the sheriff, I guess he's had enough. So have I.

So FOP is asking for standby pay for detectives and fifty dollars a year for boots. What kind of money will the detectives get in a year's time just for being on call? What is the lodge president's position at the S.O.?

Here's what you have to look forward to. If you're killed in the line, your family gets nil. You're looking at getting your annual increase frozen so no raise. Along with it your insurance may get axed. Your seniority is already gone.

The sun will come out, to-morrow!

What about those of us who aren't considered detectives who spend a great deal of time on call?

Shark Chum,

That has to be one of the most educated assessments of this agency and county commission I have heard in awhile, you hit on some of the very important issues. Santa Rosa County is a "good ole boy" county. The only problem is the Sheriff is not listening. Unfortunately the Sheriff only cares and how his hair looks and how’s he going to look in front of the county commissioners and the citizens. It’s very unfortunate that I watch good DEPUTIES get the shaft and are leaving because the Sheriff has no clue. If the Sheriff only took as good care of his deputies and he does the citizens this agency would be a much better place to work.

To get my point across I can remember a time the Sheriff requested all the deputies to make a showing at the County Board Meeting. We all (deputies) show up and all the Sheriff does is sit there in the front row and wait for everyone (public & employee’s of this agency) else to speak and after everyone speaks, The Sheriff goes up and says a few words. I think he really didn’t know what to say, and he got all his words from what others were saying. So what did we get after all was said and done NOT MUCH! Not when you look at what the higher administration is making, let’s fill their pockets while the deputies struggle to feed their families makes sense right. I’m not asking to get rich I’m simply asking for a fair pay when you look at what administrations making it’s no were near what we should be at in the pay scale.

As for as the boot allowance and the detectives allowance, I have never agreed with the amount, it should be much more. I know that FOP has asked for these numbers to be changed but we all know the Sheriff is not coming off any of that money especially to help out the deputies or the detectives. So don’t look for it anytime soon.

The bottom line is if you’re a deputy that does his/her job be very careful. If you’re not one of the boy’s in the click and you do something to someone who has an influential vote or it’s one of these influential voters family members, I can promise you the Sheriff will get those charges dropped (Nolle Prosequi) and will find yourself either under an IA or begin written up for something. Trust me I know this from firsthand knowledge there are several deputies that left this agency for just this reason.

The Sheriff had proven time and time again he does not care about the people of this agency and he does very little to improve the moral, it seems to me the Sheriff is more worried about getting his picture made and looking good in front of the citizens than doing what he was elected to do.

It’s time for a change!

Pick an agency and read the post in their forum. I guarantee in every forum there is at least one topic (if not more) on this same issue. It doesnt matter where you work or how great of a job you do, if you aren't one of the good' ol boys that you will eventually be shafted.

Go ahead, I dare you. Check for yourself. It must be something in the water being served at the seminars held on behalf of the Florida Sheriff's. Then again it might be the advanced course 305 of employee relations which is taught to all Sheriff's whose employees are unionized.

The grass isnt any greener on the other side of the fence. The only thing to do is look and see where you can make the most money and haul @$$. When you get tired of the BS at the agency you can move on to another agency. Keep doing this and every five years you will have a new job, fresh perspective, and eventually a full retirement.

It is time for a change. He refused to sign a contract that says we won't loose our annual increase and other things. He also WILL NOT guaruntee our medical benefits or something to our families if we are killed in action. He does not give a DAMN about us. Glamore shots galore, Just for Men Hair Formula and living the high life. That's his specialty. Power, control domination, these are the things he covets. Not seeing us suceed. Piss off one of his buddies? IA. His former co-workers say they feel sorry for all those that have to work for him. IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast