New Sheriff

Thread: New Sheriff

New Sheriff

If you people think things will change.....you are wrong. Patrol will still be neglected and considered punishment. We will still do things inefficently...Business at BSO will be the same. We will have to fight tooth and nail for crumbs at contract time....We will not get a fair shake in disciplinary matters.....The only change is the name and another picture to add to the wall. Everybody gets giddy at a new sheriff, but gets a dose of reality soon thereafter.

From what I've heard and seen so far, the opening comments have come off as ill-prepared and poorly delivered. Please seek professional assistance in this regard as your image is critical at this time. No time for stumbling over words and using a high school vocabulary. You may think the world of his principles but the public has to believe in his image first before they buy into him as Sheriff of a mega-agency.

My intentions are good here - although you may not like the message.

Right, we need a smooth talking politician, with such a vocabulary that no one can understand him. We need a smooth snake oil salesman......

Hey Writer get a life, there is so much more to leadership then big words and slick delivery.

Plain and simple English holds everyone's attention (for the most part). Once you start using the complicated words you tend to get people who misinterpret your message, or you lose their attention completely. The "I'm smarter than you" vocabulary will put distance between you and everyone else you talk to. Go throw some of those intelligent words in a sentence while talking with a street punk/thug. I'd venture to say that sooner or later you're gonna have your @$$ handed to ya.
    I don't know where some of these people or Cops were taught to use this method of communicating. The first complicated word you hear, you try to define it in your mental dictionary. By the time you do, there's another two or three words you have to try and figure out. How do you expect to hold my attention with this type of rapid fire vocabulary?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Right, we need a smooth talking politician, with such a vocabulary that no one can understand him. We need a smooth snake oil salesman......

Hey Writer get a life, there is so much more to leadership then big words and slick delivery.
    GREAT POST...AMEN WE NEED A REAL COP. WRITER I HOPE YOUR NOT A COP. IF YOU ARE YOUR PROBABLY ONE OF JENNE'S BOYS. OVEREDUCATED AND CORRUPT.