10 New Positions?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

10 New Positions?

Watching the Commission meeting this afternoon was very enlightening. I saw there were FOP members in the audience. I even heard the Commissioners say that they had been contacted by citizens and FOP members and asked to reconsider funding new Patrol Deputy positions. Commissioner Mulieri even commented that the FOP had asked for positions, before AND after the high Sheriff pulled all of the new slots off the table.

If anyone takes the time to watch all of the recent Commission meetings on television, or live in person for that matter, they will see how unqualified and unprepared for the meetings this elected official truly is. Need some examples?

~ The Sheriff has no idea how many people work in Vehicle Maintenance.
    ~ The Sheriff and his Boy Wonder have no idea how many Patrol zones there are.
    ~ The Sheriff claimed he had changed Patrol zones in one of the first meetings, then later said he had not changed them because it was too expensive.
    ~ The Sheriff lets his Boy Wonder tell the Commissioners that for the $700,000 they will only be getting 4.2 Patrol Deputies because of the increased lapse factor. (PLEASE TELL BOY WONDER TO LAY OFF THE FUZZY MATH!!!!!!)

These are just a few examples of the ineptitude your elected official possesses. (please feel free to add to the list)

The FOP has done more for it's members during this budget process than the high Sheriff has in five years. He was willing ONCE AGAIN to drop any new positions to assist the overworked and understaffed Patrol Deputies, but your union did not stop.

The Commission was won over, but not by the Sheriff. That Prom Queen doesn't like a Rock Star, but she sure respects law enforcement officers!!!

Thumbs Down to the FOP

The FOP hasn't done anything but hurt the Pasco Sheriff's Office and its members. They met with county commissioners and supplied information about several positions within the sheriff's office that they felt were not important (i.e. Crime Prevention.) Look what happened to those hard-working people.

Members of the FOP then attended budget meetings where the Sheriff spent hours fighting for not only new positions, but raises for current employees as well. At the end of the meeting, I heard that one of the FOP members went up to Nurrenbrock laughing and patting him on the shoulder. Whose side are they on?!! The FOP has also discussed with county staff other ways in which they can cut the sheriff's budget, ALL of which will ultimately hurt the employees. So basically, the FOP's agenda is to hurt the Sheriff but, in the end, it is the employees who will suffer the most. The FOP would be able to accomplish a lot more if they would just work WITH the Sheriff, instead of working against him.

The Sheriff has continued to fight to improve the sheriff's office; it is a shame that members of that same office are impeding his progress. If you're in support of the sheriff's office as a whole, then you should stand behind Sheriff White, who is trying to help EVERYONE. Like I said before, the FOP’s main goal is just to hurt Sheriff White. They seem to stop at nothing. They don't know what they are doing and are supplying the County Staff with information that is hurting the sheriff's office. The FOP deserves no credit.

How much salary money was removed for this "lapse factor?"

Re: Thumbs Down to the FOP

Quote Originally Posted by Now for the REAL truth!
    The FOP hasn't done anything but hurt the Pasco Sheriff's Office and its members. They met with county commissioners and supplied information about several positions within the sheriff's office that they felt were not important (i.e. Crime Prevention.) Look what happened to those hard-working people.

Members of the FOP then attended budget meetings where the Sheriff spent hours fighting for not only new positions, but raises for current employees as well. At the end of the meeting, I heard that one of the FOP members went up to Nurrenbrock laughing and patting him on the shoulder. Whose side are they on?!! The FOP has also discussed with county staff other ways in which they can cut the sheriff's budget, ALL of which will ultimately hurt the employees. So basically, the FOP's agenda is to hurt the Sheriff but, in the end, it is the employees who will suffer the most. The FOP would be able to accomplish a lot more if they would just work WITH the Sheriff, instead of working against him.

The Sheriff has continued to fight to improve the sheriff's office; it is a shame that members of that same office are impeding his progress. If you're in support of the sheriff's office as a whole, then you should stand behind Sheriff White, who is trying to help EVERYONE. Like I said before, the FOP’s main goal is just to hurt Sheriff White. They seem to stop at nothing. They don't know what they are doing and are supplying the County Staff with information that is hurting the sheriff's office. The FOP deserves no credit.
    I couldn't AGREE MORE!!!!!!!!!

I agree that the union didn't make the commissioners quell in their boots and cause them to cave in. I am amazed that I only see four to five union members at the meetings. It is also the ones who have gotten in trouble and our malcontents. Some of them are lucky to still have jobs. But they want to bash the Sheriff. Thats waht happens when you don't discipline people right the first time. I didn't hear anyone from the union get up and say anything to the commissioners about the budget. But they want to take all the credit and say they worked behind the scenes. Give me a break. If the union wants to be effective, try working together with everybody, not your special interests.

Re: Thumbs Down to the FOP

Quote Originally Posted by Now for the REAL truth!

SR, You are so full of $hit it is laughable. You obviously make things up that make you feel justified in your desire to swallow the sheriff's gak. None of the union members present went up backslapping any of the bcc or administrators. And what makes you think the union stifled anything in the sheriff's workings? Because the collective members voted against the sheriff's contract proposal? Grow up. You are obviously suffering from a serious mental block because you are not even on the same page. You will be the first one to try to nuzzle up to the new sheriff in 09. Keep the butt kissing to a more private medium because it aint working.

The sheriff never negotiated with the unions. He said you got what you got the last several years and nothing more because you voted to unionize, so f.u. you deputies. He also said by the way. You can not deliver union information in the mailboxes, or talk about union stuff on my property. By the way, he doesn't own the offices, or parking lots because he isn't allowed to. So what did he do? He made a rule we couldn't talk in the parking lots because citizens might see us congregating in a sheriff's office parking lot and think we are loafing.

Supplying the county staff with information withheld by the sheriff? Hello! Wake the F up. All information about finances and operations of the SO that are subject to sunshine law are public record. Or would you prefer he be able to hide things from the public and whomever he chooses. Why would you believe it is ok for him and not the former sheriff? You can stick up for incompetence all you want and you still won't get the promotion...

Quote Originally Posted by Guest 123456
    I agree that the union didn't make the commissioners quell in their boots and cause them to cave in. I am amazed that I only see four to five union members at the meetings. It is also the ones who have gotten in trouble and our malcontents. Some of them are lucky to still have jobs. But they want to bash the Sheriff. Thats waht happens when you don't discipline people right the first time. I didn't hear anyone from the union get up and say anything to the commissioners about the budget. But they want to take all the credit and say they worked behind the scenes. Give me a break. If the union wants to be effective, try working together with everybody, not your special interests.
    Please expand on this argument. What are the special interests you speak of? Also, I saw Nagy, Mitchell and Connolly there. Which one got into trouble and which are malcontents so I can stay away from them? I assume by your statement of working together with everybody, you have been active in suggesting change at labor meetings?

It is difficult to see your points because I read the union contract proposals and the sheriff's proposals before voting against accepting the sheriff's. I also heard the sheriff lie straight to the platoon member's faces when he said the bcc wanted to only give us a 1% raise. All week long, they have made sure each department leader included a 5% raise for the county employees with the budget proposals. Face it, you back the sheriff as a matter of loyalty regardless of truthfulness or veracity. Therefore, why should anyone expect any more from you? I would rather be held to a higher standard than that and I measure a man by those very things.

I once saw the sheriff review his mission statement about two years ago and he didn't even know it. He muffed it all up. He can not measure up to what he doesn't know, or understand and those who blindly support him can't either. God I can't wait until the fingerprinting results are forwarded back from FDLE in January. I hope we start drug screening too so we can get rid of some of you drugged buffoons.

More of the TRUTH...

Someone mentioned previously that the Union tried to negotiate with the Sheriff. What does the word negotiate mean? In my world it means you give a little and take a little. What exactly did the Union offer the Sheriff’s Office? Work for less money? Work harder? Be happy? What exactly was it? I will tell you, it was NOTHING. The Sheriff has given a lot and the Union wants more and because they didn’t get it, the Sheriff is an idiot. It sounds like a parent dealing with a bratty child. Although I will have to admit if any of you Union people posting on this website have children, God help them because their role model leaves a lot to be desired. Furthermore, it is terrible seeing children on dangerous roadways picketing. Who in their right mind would bring a young child to that type of an event? How stupid!

The change the Commissioners made to the lapse factor is bad for the Sheriff’s Office. The lapse factor is money the sheriff’s office has in the salary portion of the budget that is obtained from vacant positions. The lapse factor is used to pay vacation/sick accruals when someone retires. It also pays for the sick leave buy back program. Because of the change made, more positions will have to be kept open. So if the Commissioners now give positions, it won’t matter, unless they give more than a few. It is hard to explain, so Union members, don’t hurt your brains! Just do what you normally do and make up your own explanation and then…instead of doing the job you were hired to do, spend your time discussing your made up version with other employees and badmouth the Sheriff. So much of what the Union posts on this website is made-up stories. Why does this benefit them? Because some people will believe them, with no questions asked.

It isn’t hard to figure out that changing Sheriffs every 8 years hurts the sheriff’s office. We finally have a Sheriff that our citizens support (which just drives Union members crazy). Why would the members of the Sheriff’s Office want to take a chance on getting another Sheriff? With all that the current Sheriff has done for the members of the Sheriff’s Office, one would think his employees would be happy. But it’s not easy to make everyone happy. There are always a few who ruin it for everyone. Usually they are people who aren’t smart enough to get promoted, so they pick on those who do. People who like drama in their lives and when it doesn’t come their way, they decide to make it up themselves by spreading made-up stories and lies.

The Sheriff’s Office already has a good leader. Someone who cares about the employees, cares about the citizens, and wants to do the right thing. The problem is the members who don’t like him want to stop at nothing in order to hurt him. They will sell anyone out in order to achieve this. You certainly don’t see Sheriff White stooping to their level! Why don’t those people who are so unhappy just leave our sheriff’s office and go somewhere else? It is that simple!

P.S. JC, you bad-mouth the Sheriff every chance you get. You are not even in his league. Why don’t you go back to school and start by learning how to write and spell. You are an embarrassment to the Pasco Sheriff’s Office!

What exactly did the Union offer the Sheriff’s Office? Work for less money? Work harder? Be happy? What exactly was it? I will tell you, it was NOTHING.

Ahh that clears it up for me now. I will work for you for less money if you it is OK with you. and let me take as many calls as I can during my shift so I don't get a meal break and the calls run together and please give me very little time to take a pi$$ break because holding it in helps me. I promise I can be happy that way. Oh yes, if I am pulled from one call to go look at that speckled blue tic hound who is barking and I fail to get important information before getting yanked from the investigation, have me written up.

Give me a break. Work a little harder. When is working hard enough "ENOUGH." At one point the stats were so all mighty important we were told our 70% time spent on citizen generated calls was not enough. And even that number wasn't factored correctly. I support your right to your view, but you need to stop hitting the snooze button and wake up.

More TRUTH

Columbo – It is obvious you didn’t understand what I wrote. I will try to simplify it for you. It was all about the definition of the word negotiate. The Union representatives of the Pasco Sheriff’s Office have told other members that the Sheriff will not meet with them in order to negotiate. I just want to know what they have offered, that is all. The Union also doesn’t say that the majority of the items they brought forth during initial discussions were approved by the Sheriff and initiated. As a matter of fact, he granted all but three. But that was not good enough because the Union wants everything their way, whether it is fiscally sound or not. They also say that other agencies in our area offer GAP Insurance. I personally checked on that myself and none of them offer GAP insurance at this time. Some did 15 years ago, but did away with it because it became too much of a financial burden. I think some of the Union members found that out, so then they started saying that other agencies have better overall benefits and have more protection than the Pasco Sheriff’s Office employees. That is also not true, especially when it comes to sickness. You will not find another Sheriff who stands behind his deputies, like Sheriff White does, when they become ill or have to be off work because of a work related injury. As a matter of fact, some of those deputies, who were off of work for more than a year and were fortunate enough to come back to their same positions, seem to be the ones speaking out the most against the Sheriff. That just amazes me. Maybe they should have gotten hurt over seven years ago so they would no longer work here! I don’t mean to be so strong willed about that subject, I just feel strongly that when someone goes out of their way to keep your position open for you, in time of medical need, you should maybe appreciate it.

I believe that the deputies all work very hard and are going from call to call. They deserve relief and our Sheriff is always fighting for them. What I take offense to is the Union taking credit for the work the Sheriff does. The Union has done nothing but a lot of complaining and then they spread agency information to the County Staff. Do they really think that Gallagher and Nurrenbrock sincerely care about them? Hasn’t 25 years of decreasing Sheriffs’ budgets prove that they don’t care about law enforcement? Does JC think he has some kind of special ability that no other person has?

There are many members who support Sheriff White. Maybe during one of the picketing meetings, supporters of the Sheriff should come out and hold signs that say “the Union is robbing our deputies, support our Sheriff”. Even better, maybe the deputies can ask the Union to fund the GAP insurance. I was told that they have like $300,000 so far collected through union dues. That would be more than enough. Seriously! They don’t have to answer to the citizens so it should be real easy for them to do. My bet is they won’t! The Pasco Sheriff’s Office was much better off without the internal fighting that the Union has brought forth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast