BSO Applicant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSO Applicant

BSO Applicant

I've applied to BSO within the past few months & had an interview. I am scheduled to undergo the polygraph soon. I am in my late 30's and this will be a career change for me. How is the morale with the agency in light of current events? Does anyone have any info on what to expect in the academy at BCC? I've been told that I'm nuts (wife) for making the attempt at this new endeavor. I appreciate any input.

Re: BSO Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by Md
    I've applied to BSO within the past few months & had an interview. I am scheduled to undergo the polygraph soon. I am in my late 30's and this will be a career change for me. How is the morale with the agency in light of current events? Does anyone have any info on what to expect in the academy at BCC? I've been told that I'm nuts (wife) for making the attempt at this new endeavor. I appreciate any input.
    These are things you should worry about when and if you get the position. You still have a long way to go. Good luck.

Re: BSO Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by Md
    Yes, you're nuts. If this has been a dream then go for it. If not, go be a fireman. Everybody loves them and you only work twelve days a month.

Yeah.. a fireman is the way to go! no doubt !! .. and If you hold any records in championship checkers or chess.. your an automatic shoe-in!
    good luck!

Yea, and if you can beat the chief in halo your hired.

Don't listen to them...If this is truely your dream..GO FOR IT! You have a grueling road ahead of you..The poly is nerve racking, even when you answer truthfully you feel every vein pulse..Next shall be the Psych,,AH Good Luck,,He is a force to be reckoned with. Background then drug & medical testing..Then the final review! The academy is 20wks long. I can say the morale is higher w/ Lamberti as acting chief, just hope he makes a permanent stay. Just don't quit your day job, you have a few months ahead of you

Good Luck & Stay Strong

You probably are crazy. I agree with the posters that say be a firefighter but I think you’re too old. If it's your dream do it. If you make it prepare to have what you think is your dream destroyed. Citizens hate you, coworkers stick you with their paperwork, people get promoted that have no business being promoted, and hope that the guy backing you up has the balls to back you up. Other than that it's great.

Never mind I going to PBSO Bye!!!!

BSO Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by WAS INTRESTED
    Never mind I going to PBSO Bye!!!!
    Be careful, it could be that the only thing greener up north is the shirts. :?:

Another applicant

I am almost finished with my hiring process just wondering how long is the orientation before the academy? Also how long before the academy do they have orientation?

Also has anybody been hired for the October Class yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast