The IUPA thread started

The IUPA thread started

Careful guy's, PBA rep's that are pissed off that they lost their positions or will be losing the BSO contract in the very near future, will be posting garbage threads like the other one lable "IUPA". See ya' at the PERC election.

If anyone has any questions as to what legal services IUPA will provide to certain situations, Please go to IUPA.org. On the bottom left of the home page there is a Broward election update icon. Click on the icon and it will tell you.

Contract

Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 11:36 AM
    To: SIDAllMail
    Subject: Contract Update

If you don’t know the PBA had a meeting on 09/13/2007 with the new Sheriff to inquire about the DLE contract and what his plans are in regards to getting one in place before October 1, 2007. He told us that it was at the top of his list to get a contract in place. He also said that the 2% they offered us a few weeks back was insulting and he believes we have earned and deserve a much better offer. I asked if he plans on firing the attorney from Orange County hired by the former Sheriff, and he said he was currently looking at that contract and would like to see John Curry from HR negotiate the contract like he did with the Fire Department. As of today I do not have the next sit down date for the contract but as soon as we do I will get back with all of you.

Other issues that were discussed are as follows. He agrees that we need a fair promotional system rule of 3 or 5. Long sleeves and ties for LT. are now an option. He is looking at a 4/3 work week for road patrol in certain districts on a trial basis. Training will now respond to all deputy involved shootings so we can all learn from each incident. BSO has fired Motorola and is trying to get a contract signed with O.S.S.I who is the provider of the Cooper City system that so many officers talk highly of. And most important he believes that we need to get back to common sense police work.

The PBA did send a letter to the Governor on Friday 09/14/2007 expressing our desire to have Alfred Lamberti stand in as Sheriff until the election in 2008. As of today we still have not received a reply from the governor’s office. We are asking that each of you who feel the same way, please write the governors office and let him know how you feel about this issue. The PBA backed him it’s now time for him to back us.

The Above was sent out by PBA reps, I applaud their effort, but once again the PBA is acting on their own and not realizing that we may have a new union in play soon. We need to get them to stop because they don't speak for at least 1/3 of us.

Re: The IUPA thread started

Quote Originally Posted by The IUPA
    Careful guy's, PBA rep's that are pissed off that they lost their positions or will be losing the BSO contract in the very near future, will be posting garbage threads like the other one lable "IUPA". See ya' at the PERC election.
    Little IUPA BOY be proud if u want IDUPA that fine but be a mAn Sign your name Establish yourself,let people know who u are.Dont be Skeered.
    rEpReSeNt wE who dont know want to talk to u so u can tell us about IDUPA.

Re: The IUPA thread started

Quote Originally Posted by The IUPA
    I agree....if we don't make a change now, we are gong to be in trouble for many years to come. This is a golden opportunity we MUST take advantage of. Worst case scenario? We vote IUPA out if they don't do the job. But think about this....can they be any worse than PBA? I don't know if that is possible. They only come out with rebuttals against IUPA and newsletters when they are pushed into a corner by a challenger. Brick has to go. Been around way too long and has gotten to comfy along with his insiders. Not to metion spending ours dues money on meals, drinks, etc. under the guise of "PBA business". I guess while you are having a "T" Bone and a glass of wine, if you just mention "PBA" one time, then you are officially on PBA business. I don't know anything about IUPA quite frankly but I for one am totally disgusted with PBA losership and their cronies. Just like S/O was under Jenne's leadership...run the same way. Deputies...do yourself a favor...lets at least TRY something different. We may be pleasantly surprised. What do we have to lose?

Any question ???? Go to Iupa.org and ask.

There is an e-mail link on the iupa.org web page for the broward election. If you have any questions and want them answered in writing, go to the website and ask. You will get the truth in writing not the lies out of the PBA mouth and then their denials later on when it comes out.

Great link and lots of info. Even their web site is better than te PBA could ever do. IUPA is looking very good right now. Thanks IUPA