2008 legislative bill for dispatch

2008 legislative bill for dispatch

the legislatvie bill for a change to special risk retirement will again be filed for the 2008 session by senator aronberg (broward, lee, charlotte co area)

florida apco has created a $9.11 fund to pay for a lobbyist this year. all dispatchers (and patrol can help us too!) are asked to donate $9.11 to help get the bill passed this year.

fl apco has already been meeting with legislators and started the work for 2008.

you can help by making a donation to the FRS fund and by contacting your local legislator and asking them for their support

see www.apco-florida.org for more info

thanks

How do you donate if you are not a member of APCO? Is there another way to contribute? Is it available to the general public also? This has to be done for dispatchers and everyone needs to help make it happen. Long overdue and well deserved. I thank each and every one of you who do that job day in and out.

answer to your question

you do not have to be a member of APCO,,,anyone can make a donation and anyone can meet with area legislators and show support for this legislation. you can mail a check to the Sarasota PO box listed on the FL APCO website. FL APCO is getting ready to start a contest to see which agency can get 100% of their dispatchers to donate $9.11 each.

if you have other questions, let me know. thanks!!!

How does this benefit...

Why would I want to donate for legislation that affects *only* dispatchers with agencies that participate in the FRS? My agency ( and a good number of municipal agencies) do not participate in FRS, therefore, this legislation has no bearing on our retirement..... :?:

Re: answer to your question

Quote Originally Posted by legislative dispatcher
    you do not have to be a member of APCO,,,anyone can make a donation and anyone can meet with area legislators and show support for this legislation. you can mail a check to the Sarasota PO box listed on the FL APCO website. FL APCO is getting ready to start a contest to see which agency can get 100% of their dispatchers to donate $9.11 each.

Any updates on this?

Hey Just curious, sorry that it doesnt affect you, but if it doesnt, so what, help us out, many of US would support bills helping you all in YOUR retirement. We have no control over what type of retirement you all have or get BUT many of us would still get behind bills or legislation that would benefit you guys. WE ALL DO THE SAME JOB, RIGHT???

[quote=Guest.]
    Quote Originally Posted by "legislative dispatcher":oh65y70c

Any updates on this?[/quoteh65y70c]
    I read somewhere that it might not get passed thie year :cry:

[quote=Anonymous]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest.
    Quote Originally Posted by "legislative dispatcher":xju9ztls

Any updates on this?
    I read somewhere that it might not get passed thie year :cry:[/quote:xju9ztls]
    Is there anything more that can be done to get this passed? I have not been able to find anything on it