Why is everyone so happy about? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

People COMPSTAT is not the problem. In theory its a good tool. The problem is that the BK has used it to make himself feel important and powerful. Shame on all those men who lower themselves to an incompetent, infantil, idiot. Our only recourse is to vote them out. Show we are a united family and we stand together. These people have done nothing but stampede us to give each other bonuses. It is the BK who decides what bonus they get for the hard work we do. We need real leaders who have the best interest of the entire dept. in mind and not only their own. Show them we have the internal fortitude to Do the Right Thing'.

Zero Tolerance

[quote=EL PICO]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zero Tolerance":shfbe8ue
    I too am wondering just how much of effect we will really have when everything is said and done but I will be voting against the chief and the deputy chief, but still I wonder.

Is the problem the 2 of them or is it comstat? Things were not anywhere this bad before comstat. Why are we allowing comstat to continue?
    DUHHHH.....NO CHIEF NO COMSTAT![/quote:shfbe8ue]

All I was trying to say is what makes us think that just because the chief and DC are gone... comstat will go with them?

maybe it's me, maybe I'm not informed enough but can't the next chief continue with comstat and most of the troubles remain?

COMSTAT is only a program. How it is used depends on the people who are in charge of making use of it. Using it the way that has been happeneing at MPD and BSO (PowerTrak...same thing) has been nothing but a way of excerting power and control over those of lesser rank. When used properly, it can be a valuable tool. Right now you at MPD have to stick together for the greater good. Remember the addage divide and conquer that's what will defeat your efforts. The VOTE will send a message to all the citizens of Miami about the conditions at MPD. And if things don't work out the way you want, when it's time for elections and the Mayor and commissioners come wanting YOUR support, you speak to them loud and clear....PACK SAND! You should start looking at viable candidates now to take on the incumbants. The vote can be a powerful tool, in more ways than one. Good Luck and VOTE!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12