Hiring within? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hiring within?

Comparable Pay

Please don't misunderstand. I wasn't debating the issue. I quite agree.

PSA's

When the PSA Program was first insituted it was planned as a gateway for developing people to become police officer candidates in order to have a pool of agency trained personnel to be able to transition into existing officer vacancies. As with any government program not just LPD/COL programs once put into place usually lose their original intent and become used as something they were not originally intended. This is why so many programs exist at all levels of government which are wasteful and not serving thier original goal. This also the fault of organizational leadership and failing to continously review programs for there value and purpose. If used properly this program would have been a conduit to having a trained pool of new officers requiring little training to become functional patrol officers. :|

Call it the way we see it.

You mean this program was designed to improve the quality of the pool of people we can choose from to become sworn officers? After recent events WE NEED IT!

Sad thing is, I've only seen a few people become officers in the last several years, with another being sponsored after practically agreeing to work for free.

Now we have to bid farewell to another employee because this department does not want to keep it's loyal employees. I won't hide behind double meanings or hidden language. This agency is losing PSA 717 because they don't want to sponsor or assist a young, spirited, dedicated and LOYAL person through the academy. I guess the question should be, will the department give him the time of day when he submits an application? Or will he be treated like a disease? Thats right, he still wants to wear Blue and Orange!

Kinda reminds me of the movie Rudy, maybe we should go see coach with our game jerseys and offer our place for him to play?

HIRING WITHIN

WHY HIRE FROM WITHIN WHEN WE CAN HIRE THE WINNERS WE'VE BEEN GETTING LATELY....YOU KNOW, THE ONES WHO AREN'T CUTTING IT IN THE FTO PROGRAM THAT ARE GETTING MORE AND MORE REMEDIAL TRAINING AFTER ONLY 8 WEEKS?

BET IF ONE OR MORE OF THEM DON'T MAKE IT THEY WON'T HAVE TO PAY BACK ANY MONEY THAT WAS SPENT ON SPONSORING THEM....

WHY SPONSOR FROM WITHIN - IT'S FAR MORE ENTERTAINING TO SPONSOR FOLKS WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!! ) :

Re: Call it the way we see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a Guest...I'm family
    You mean this program was designed to improve the quality of the pool of people we can choose from to become sworn officers? After recent events WE NEED IT!

Sad thing is, I've only seen a few people become officers in the last several years, with another being sponsored after practically agreeing to work for free.

Now we have to bid farewell to another employee because this department does not want to keep it's loyal employees. I won't hide behind double meanings or hidden language. This agency is losing PSA 717 because they don't want to sponsor or assist a young, spirited, dedicated and LOYAL person through the academy. I guess the question should be, will the department give him the time of day when he submits an application? Or will he be treated like a disease? Thats right, he still wants to wear Blue and Orange!

Kinda reminds me of the movie Rudy, maybe we should go see coach with our game jerseys and offer our place for him to play?
    T-Shirts "SAVE 717", I was gonna suggest bumper stickers, but we all know what happens to them! On a serious note, 717 will be missed by all. Rarely do we find someone so young, who is polite, respectful, enthusiastic, and not swayed by internal politics. 717 will always be welcome when I am working. You will be missed, and your leaving will be a loss for the entire city.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345