Low pay drives Florida Highway Patrol troopers to the exits - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Unregistered

Work smarter, not harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are you serious? Pay sucks, specially for CVE! CVE troopers earn more than regular troopers. They get federal money, don't have to work crashes and can work 208. It's no wonder that a lot of lazy troopers are going to CVE.
    If you want to get worked like a dog and paid like a trogg, then by all means keep doing what you do. Getting angry and resentful of people that decided to improve their quality of life by moving to CVE won't improve yours. Also, CVE officers hold quite a few certifications, which in many states nets them substantial increases in pay. So, they probably are underpaid here.

Unregistered
    Why stay or think about going into this profession and deal with BS when pizza delivery, school bus drivers, and garbage truck drivers (just to name a few jobs) make as much or more then starting pay in most areas. Makes no sense.
    Pizza pizza

Unregistered
    Here is a salary comparison chart from 2017. Scroll down to page 21:

https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/igoffice/20151628.pdf

Unregistered
    Here is a salary comparison chart from 2017. Scroll down to page 21:

https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/igoffice/20151628.pdf
    That was under the old payment plan, now we would be about #35 and #23 with CAD pay. Still low, but better. I wonder how much it has helped with recruiting. I know Troopers are still leaving. I think just a small increase in pay and some type of step plan, no matter how small, would help a great deal.

Unregistered
    If you want to get worked like a dog and paid like a trogg, then by all means keep doing what you do. Getting angry and resentful of people that decided to improve their quality of life by moving to CVE won't improve yours. Also, CVE officers hold quite a few certifications, which in many states nets them substantial increases in pay. So, they probably are underpaid here.
    ————————————————————

Do you have any idea what CVE gets ? When
    You’re in the Florida Highway Patrol Commercial Vehicle Enforcement, you receive $2,000 extra a year in salary. It’s a JOKE like everything else. Crashes constantly holding, local SO and PD end up working the holding crashes to help us and the citizens waiting for hours out. It’s like this now, and will be like this when I’m long gone.

I was hired in 2014, and I make what a rookie 2019 Trooper makes (I’m not a CAD county, and make starting salary). It’s a joke but I can’t get hired elsewhere. So 32 hours in OT a week makes it so I can afford my apartment, truck, and lady friend.

Use your noodle and don’t come here, the step plan / benefits will never return. We get paid to work crashes and that’s it. FHP could leave tomorrow and nothing would change.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345