Low pay drives Florida Highway Patrol troopers to the exits - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The good news is that you don't have to dislike quotas. It's in the Florida Statutes: 316.640(8)(b)

But just like everything, that law is selectively enforced as well. The brass who got caught issuing illegal quotas were allowed to resign and keep their retirement. Enemy.Of.The.People.
    Enemy Of the people: So is a lazy POS Government worker who constantly whine about being underpaid and wants more of my tax money, coming here and saying I ain’t going to do $hit for it either.

Unregistered
    Still sore about that speeding ticket? Wasn't that like 15 months ago?

Unregistered
    Still sore about that speeding ticket? Wasn't that like 15 months ago?
    You losers don’t write tickets. Just sit under over
    Passes with your heads stuck somewhere all while dangerous drivers pass right on by.

Unregistered
    Enemy Of the people: So is a lazy POS Government worker who constantly whine about being underpaid and wants more of my tax money, coming here and saying I ain’t going to do $hit for it either.
    I would be happy to know that there are Troopers sleeping while "working" off duty or at their house while on duty. It is often the case that roads regulate themselves in regards to speed. People feel that they can do faster, and cars *can* safely go faster now. Instead of forcing engineers to examine a stretch of interstate, how about just use your discresion? Yeah the person going 20 over needs to be dealt with. But 5? 10? Of course not.

This isn't about money, it's about human lives. Having a quota means Troopers will be writing citations when they shouldn't/wouldn't and modifying behaviors that are actually safe driving behaviors. If they would be writing tickets anyways there would be no need for a quota. Artificially increasing the variance in speed on a limited access roadway makes the roadway MORE dangerous. This is a scientific fact that Florida's FDOT engineers cited. You increase the amount of crashes that will occur when you increase the speed variance. Quotas cause crashes and deaths.

So I'm all for paying Troopers to drink beer and watch football. I wouldn't mind turning every station into a frat house style building. Just stay off the roads.

Unregistered
    I would be happy to know that there are Troopers sleeping while "working" off duty or at their house while on duty. It is often the case that roads regulate themselves in regards to speed. People feel that they can do faster, and cars *can* safely go faster now. Instead of forcing engineers to examine a stretch of interstate, how about just use your discresion? Yeah the person going 20 over needs to be dealt with. But 5? 10? Of course not.

This isn't about money, it's about human lives. Having a quota means Troopers will be writing citations when they shouldn't/wouldn't and modifying behaviors that are actually safe driving behaviors. If they would be writing tickets anyways there would be no need for a quota. Artificially increasing the variance in speed on a limited access roadway makes the roadway MORE dangerous. This is a scientific fact that Florida's FDOT engineers cited. You increase the amount of crashes that will occur when you increase the speed variance. Quotas cause crashes and deaths.

So I'm all for paying Troopers to drink beer and watch football. I wouldn't mind turning every station into a frat house style building. Just stay off the roads.
    Till the driver that is texting, speeding and citing your scientific study kills one of your loved ones.

Unregistered
    Till the driver that is texting, speeding and citing your scientific study kills one of your loved ones.

You aren't ever going to reach this one. Bitter over a speeding ticket for life. Some are just wired that way

Unregistered
    You aren't ever going to reach this one. Bitter over a speeding ticket for life. Some are just wired that way
    Like already said.... you posers are are to sorry to get your fat butts out of your cars to write a ticket. More and more people are learning the “black and tan” means sorryness.

Unregistered
    Like already said.... you posers are are to sorry to get your fat butts out of your cars to write a ticket. More and more people are learning the “black and tan” means sorryness.
    As a supervisor, I couldn't agree with you anymore. We can't talk to the trooper about their weight, uniforms, car cleanliness, activity, ECT., Without them screaming they are going to call PBA. So if you see something needing to be addressed they scoff at you. The Troopers whine about leadership constantly, but when you try to do the right thing and point out simple areas they could improve, you are picking on them. Or you are being petty, or you name it. They have taken any and all ability away from the sergeants and lieutenants to try to correct anything.

Unregistered
    I'm not sure why this is so hard understand. I am talking about the actual way the roads work and the scientific data to back it. You can use anecdote all day but that does not change the facts.

Unregistered
    Lol. As if you know me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast