Cutting cocaine with inositol?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cutting cocaine with inositol?

I went to the health food store and was told by the clerk that drug dealers are buying a vitamin-like stuff called "Inositol" to cut their cocaine with, so I did a little bit of investigation about it. This is written with rookies in mind:
    Cocaine comes in three forms: rock, flake and powder. Rock is available, flake is considered a delicacy, but powder is the form that most people see.

Powder is easily diluted and that is what street coke is: diluted or cut.

The stuff peddled by pushers is rarely more than 60 percent pure cocaine hydrochloride -- and more often ranges from 5 to 35 percent. The rest is the "cut," which is there either to make the coke seem of a higher quality or to dilute it -- or both.

The local anesthetics procaine, lidocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine and butacaine are often added to enhance quality, as are stimulants such as amphetamine, ephedrine, and caffeine. Sugars such as lactose, inositol and mannitol are also used to dilute powdered cocaine. Some unscrupulous dealers don't bother to add cocaine to the recipe at all. The finished product is a white, flaky powder: bitter, odorless, and numbing to the lips and tongue.

Inositol is often used by drug dealers to cut cocaine mainly because in powder form the color match in almost exact and it is tasteless.

Inositol is very useful for drug dealers that use it to cut cocaine and crystal meth, since it has the same appearance, the same melting point and no taste or smell.
    Inositol is sold in health food stores just like any other vitamin, like here, here, here and here. It looks like the dealers are on a health kick. Better take some B vitamins with that coke! :shock:

Re: Cutting cocaine with inositol?

Quote Originally Posted by SSO SIB
    I went to the health food store and was told by the clerk that drug dealers are buying a vitamin-like stuff called "Inositol" to cut their cocaine with, so I did a little bit of investigation about it. This is written with rookies in mind:
    Cocaine comes in three forms: rock, flake and powder. Rock is available, flake is considered a delicacy, but powder is the form that most people see.

Powder is easily diluted and that is what street coke is: diluted or cut.

The stuff peddled by pushers is rarely more than 60 percent pure cocaine hydrochloride -- and more often ranges from 5 to 35 percent. The rest is the "cut," which is there either to make the coke seem of a higher quality or to dilute it -- or both.

The local anesthetics procaine, lidocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine and butacaine are often added to enhance quality, as are stimulants such as amphetamine, ephedrine, and caffeine. Sugars such as lactose, inositol and mannitol are also used to dilute powdered cocaine. Some unscrupulous dealers don't bother to add cocaine to the recipe at all. The finished product is a white, flaky powder: bitter, odorless, and numbing to the lips and tongue.

Inositol is often used by drug dealers to cut cocaine mainly because in powder form the color match in almost exact and it is tasteless.

Inositol is very useful for drug dealers that use it to cut cocaine and crystal meth, since it has the same appearance, the same melting point and no taste or smell.
    Inositol is sold in health food stores just like any other vitamin, like here, here, here and here. It looks like the dealers are on a health kick. Better take some B vitamins with that coke! :shock:
    I honestly am not interested in demeaning you in any way. I know nothing about you and I am sure that you posted this as a means of passing along some SG14. But I thought, considering your position in SIB if that is true, that you might have had that information and passed it off to the health food store clerk rather than the other way around. I mean that information is readily available, as this Wikipedia entry would attest.

Illicit uses
    myo-Inositol powder can be used in small proportions as a cutting agent for cocaine or methamphetamine ("crystal meth"). It has an almost identical appearance when in powder form and portrays similar qualities when heated. This, in addition to the fact that it adds almost no discernable taste or feel to either drug regardless the method of use, makes it an ideal cutting agent. Cutting either drug at any point in the distribution increases volume of the street product and increases dealer profits. However, at higher cut levels the inositol becomes somewhat noticeable in that the quality of the product is obviously diminished.

Regardless, it is good information should a unit come across someone with several containers of inositol.

The nice thing about SSO SIB is that nobody knows what we do, which means they leave us alone because, after all, how do they know what to do??? In CIB and in all the other job descriptions, the brass knows what to expect, so they watch for it. But 99% of our administrators have never been in SIB and they don't know how it operates, so they just "leave us alone." If you (the administration) don't like it, then why don't you come in and do it for us? You won't because you can't because you have no idea what we do or how we do it. Let's just say that I always have a good lunch break. A long one. The job still gets done. Nobody will ever tell me how to do my job (at least not from admin). Have you noticed that SIB has a low turnover rate??? CIB chews people up and spits them out. I see former CIB detectives working as bailiffs all the time, but you don't see that with SIB detectives.

When did cocaine start becoming a problem again in the United states after the 1950's? What states were most effected by cocaine? What enthnic groups were most effected by cocaine? How was cocaine used at that time? what are the arrest statistics in the states most effected?

Re: Sisonmyass

Quote Originally Posted by SSO SIB
    The nice thing about SSO SIB is that nobody knows what we do, which means they leave us alone because, after all, how do they know what to do??? In CIB and in all the other job descriptions, the brass knows what to expect, so they watch for it. But 99% of our administrators have never been in SIB and they don't know how it operates, so they just "leave us alone." If you (the administration) don't like it, then why don't you come in and do it for us? You won't because you can't because you have no idea what we do or how we do it. Let's just say that I always have a good lunch break. A long one. The job still gets done. Nobody will ever tell me how to do my job (at least not from admin). Have you noticed that SIB has a low turnover rate??? CIB chews people up and spits them out. I see former CIB detectives working as bailiffs all the time, but you don't see that with SIB detectives.
    Are you kidding me? That unit has had a complete reface since E.S. took it over. I mean, one or two guys, but 8-10 detectives in just over 2 years. That tells me that they saw the writing on the wall, and left before the stupidity got to them. As far as admin not knowing what you do, that is true. But they shouldnt have to know. I just hope I get my shot in there.

SIS is the most elite unit in the agency. It is hard to get in there because you will be working with top of the class. Good Luck! I compare SIS to elite commandos. I hope I get my shot in there too. Be safe guys I know it has to be tough assignment.

Those guys are ass kickers and name takers quit being a hater and drinking hateraid. they do more entries then the SWAT team does.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Those guys are ass kickers and name takers quit being a hater and drinking hateraid. they do more entries then the SWAT team does.

Wrong again...SWAT does all the search warrants for SIS. They were doing to many stupid things causing a huge liability...like hitting the wrong door and then not being up front and honest with Admin....So Elite? I think not. They are parameter biatches.

Quote Originally Posted by headcheck
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest

Wrong again...SWAT does all the search warrants for SIS. They were doing to many stupid things causing a huge liability...like hitting the wrong door and then not being up front and honest with Admin....So Elite? I think not. They are parameter biatches.
    Nice work douchebag..."parameter biatches"...really...Gotz to love the Richard measuring contest. Just do your own respective job in whatever sector, bureau, or hole it is that you work in. Good job pumping up support for the SWAT team...dumbazz

Signed,
    Keeping it real yo :cop:

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1668161
    You have no idea what you are talking about.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast