SDSS A shift ROLL CALL - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Major Cacazero, T$ and BK,

There is a strong wind blowing, something akin to a hurricane. Except this is a wind of change. We the hard working and loyal men and women of the Police Department demand a change. We want good leadership, leadership without fear.

There is a great line from the rock opera Tommy, done by the Who. It go's something like this, We're not gonna take it, we're not gonna take it, we're not gonna take it anymore...

i have an honest question that i would really like an answer to. i've never been told to change a stat. does the stat changing happen at the officer's level when we put the signal on the incident report or when it goes to the supervisor and then to records? bc whatever the major was talking about w/ the 27 of the gas mask, seemed like that was just one situation he could mention, but not really the problem when it comes to stat changes. can anyone explain it better?

The stat changes occur in many ways. That is one of the reasons that major Mike implemented the,cant change incident no#s without memo after24hrs policy earlier in yr.
    According to SOURCES,cmdrs would have sgt.'s or they themselves,change SIGNALS and blame the cops for not knowing the difference and poorly assigning signals to reports.

Another way is to have det.'s tell cops,thats not a 29,make it a 27 and we are to overwhelmed to argue so as long as report is done we say,Fu.. it,no problem!!! No one is going to argue over signals so I hope FDLE doesnt try and fu.. the street cops.

Then we have the poor rookies and friendly vets who listen to road sgt.'s and make signals match misd. so that the cmdr will give them O.T. and keep the peace.

ALL of these and more are a direct result of the abuse of power that comes from COMPSTAT....... No one want s to be treated like crap at Compstat so we ALL have helped these stat monsters.

SIGNAL CHANGES

Quote Originally Posted by umm...
    i have an honest question that i would really like an answer to. i've never been told to change a stat. does the stat changing happen at the officer's level when we put the signal on the incident report or when it goes to the supervisor and then to records? bc whatever the major was talking about w/ the 27 of the gas mask, seemed like that was just one situation he could mention, but not really the problem when it comes to stat changes. can anyone explain it better?
    SERGEANTS MUST KEEP UP WITH ALL THEIR SUBORDINATE'S TICKLERS FOR MISSING REPORTS AS WELL AS INCORRECT REPORTS. I HAVE SEEN SOME OF THESE TICKLERS READ AS FOLLOWS:

i.e. ORIGINAL SIGNAL IS A 26. MUST BE CHANGED TO A 28.

NO OTHER EXPLANATION EXISTS. THE SERGEANT MUST THEN WRITE A RED LINE MEMO TO COMMUNICATIONS TO EFFECT THIS CHANGE. COMMUNICATIONS THEN HANDS PROOF OF THE CORRECTED SIGNAL TO THE SERGEANT. THE SERGEANT THEN TAKES THIS CORRECTED FORM TO RECORDS AND RECORDS THEN CLEARS THE TICKLER.

IN LIGHT OF THE SITUATION, I WOULD RECOMMEND LOOKING FURTHER INTO THE CAUSE FOR THESE SIGNAL CHANGES BEFORE WRITING ANY MORE REDLINE MEMOS.

guys we need to stop whinning we are getting new gates

from the moment i got to SDSS i have been trying to make improvements for our station! first, I got rid of the security guards at the rear door. Second, I got new FTO vehicles (I don't know where they are). Third, I bought these nice looking Guayaberas with the badge on them real nice, And now there are alot more improvements coming, tinted window, new doors, new rear gates so they don't 27 your vehicles I mean 28 your vehicles or 14I them and so on. Thank you all for letting me Belittle the brass at SDSS.

Dont forget those really neat,expensive notebooks we now carry around to tell us about our beats,l.o.l. Oh no,I forgot,that was Franks idea and the entire patrol division has them.
    My bad,B.W.!

How dare you give Frank credit for my doing!!! By the way good job in reminding me of my great idea with those Beat Profile Books I saw how everyone had them in Roll Call on Tuesday, i knew everyone would love carrying them around like little high school students. By the way do you want to be my assistant. Good looking out for me!

Sounds like the past. SIU once sent a memo to patrol asking for info on street Drug sales in your zone. We all provided the info, only to have SIU send back an intell report telling us all the info WE SENT THEM. notebooks about YOUR ZONE. What an F ing waste of money. You folks hold on, T will be leaving soon. He has a new SUV you can help him pack up for the trip OUT OF TOWN.

Quote Originally Posted by CACAZERO
    from the moment i got to SDSS i have been trying to make improvements for our station! first, I got rid of the security guards at the rear door. Second, I got new FTO vehicles (I don't know where they are). Third, I bought these nice looking Guayaberas with the badge on them real nice, And now there are alot more improvements coming, tinted window, new doors, new rear gates so they don't 27 your vehicles I mean 28 your vehicles or 14I them and so on. Thank you all for letting me Belittle the brass at SDSS.
    Don't forget the gold plated plumbing fixtures that we are demanding to be installed in the men's room. And while you are at it, please add a Show Me In Command name plate for Ollie's desk!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12