"Son arrested on drug charges 5 months after mother's d

"Son arrested on drug charges 5 months after mother's d

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/south/cont ... nberg.html

Son arrested on drug charges 5 months after mother's death

By Michael LaForgia

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

DELRAY BEACH — The son of Randi Gorenberg, the suburban Boca Raton woman who in March was fatally shot and thrown from her black Mercedes in a park west of Delray Beach, was arrested Monday by city police on a prescription drug charge.

Daniel Gorenberg - whose mother's murder has gone unsolved these five months, despite extensive efforts of Palm Beach County sheriff's detectives - walked into a Walgreens on South Federal Highway about 7:23 p.m. and tried to fill a fake prescription for Xanax, according to his arrest affidavit.

He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail about 12:28 a.m. on a charge of attempting to obtain a controlled substance by fraud.

Daniel Gorenberg's attorney, Guy Fronstin, didn't immediately return a call for comment.

In the months following Randi Gorenberg's murder, sheriff's investigators expressed frustration with the Gorenberg family, citing a lack of cooperation from Daniel Gorenberg and other family members.

Not long after the murder, family members quit talking directly with sheriff's investigators and instructed detectives to contact them through Fronstin, who was hired as family spokesman in late March.

After Daniel Gorenberg's arrest Monday, a police officer brought him back to the police station's temporary holding facility and interviewed him, according to a report.

Afterwards, the officer noted, Gorenberg's attorney, Guy Fronstin, called the officer and asked him "not to question his client anymore." Sheriff's investigators are aware of Daniel Gorenberg's arrest, police officials said.

Daniel Gorenberg, 25, had struggled with substance abuse problems in the past and was profoundly affected by his mother's death, family members said.

Randi Gorenberg's brother, Jerry Malitz, said Gorenberg took his mother's death hard. He had recently gotten a job as a security guard and was doing well, Malitz added.

Someone with substance abuse problems working as a security guard and possibly armed. Now theres a relief.

they did it

The day this story came out..the days the news broke about this womans murder..and her daughter and mother got on TV begging for any leads..and I did not see this victims husband on there..I got a gut feeling of Hmmm why wouldnt her husband be all over the TV asking for help..then he and his son stopped talking to authorities..hmmm fishy again..I am betting they had something to do with it..the sons alibi did not even pan out...I cannot wait till they get them. I feel for this womans daughter and mother.

Re: "Son arrested on drug charges 5 months after mother

And he was pulled over by a trooper a few days after this arrest for reckless driving on his motorcycle.