Election time is getting close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Election time is getting close

So who is running for sheriff? What are your opinions on the ones that have pre-filed?

My vote will be for the guy who wins. My hope is that when GG runs again for CC, someone replaces him and runs his fat ass out of the county. Take that so-called "former governer appointed sheriff" with him. Oh, GG, I saw you in that Austin Powers movie. I though it was Mike Myers playing the role of Fat *******. In case you havent figured it out, you are not very popular. Go back to your sand business, since you make lots of money and thanks to the local government for allowing it, you greedy lard ass *******.

"G"

Why don't we get the State F.O.P. involved to seriouly look into the Sand replenishment business? This way our butts will stay out of the line of fire.
    The citizens of Santa Rosa County should know the truth.

FAT ASS-"What goes around-comes around"

It has been suggested to get FOP involved in reporting GG's activities, but it has fallen on deaf ears.

So Mr. Pres of the FOP are you guys going to look into this or not? I know that the FOP has attorneys that will look into this type of complaint. I hope for once you guys don't let this just slip under the carpet. If we don't take a stand now then we might as well work for free.

Come on now, we wouldn't want to offend anyone, or use our dues for something useful.

FOP go get that fat f@#$

Just remember, GG's sister-in-law works in dispatch, so be careful what you say about good 'ol GG around her or you will get complained on. She is best known by her most common phrase, "ten nine unit calling".

So I take it that don't bother going to the buffet if the're both there.

All "flaming" aside, as an outsider, I'm wondering what the final result will be regarding adequate law enforcement and the protection of this county.

The SO blames the Commishioners for cutting the budget. The Commishioners say it's the SO's fault for spending so much.

The possibility exists that sworn deputies will be laid off due to budget constraints. Some civilian employees have already learned they will have to be seeking another job. Added to that, the Commishion is looking at taking away employee insurance. So not only are deputies worried about keeping a job since seniority is now a thing of the past, they may be looking for a new job anyway due to the ridiculous insurance rates.

As far as nice to have versus need to have, what about MUST have?

Environmental? Give it back. Has the county fulfilled it's end of the deal? How many road positions would be gained?

What about the other "specialized" positions? Will patrol deputies be lost or should those "special" positions go first? Trim the fat?

What about the contract employees? In cutting that excess, how much money would that save rather than reducing sworn personnel who perform enforcement functions? Are favors outweighing necessity?

Learning through the grapevine, it's unfortunate to hear that in a few months time things have changed from hoping to get a salary increase to wondering if salaries will be cut or a job will be kept.

Hopefully the necessity of the majority (the citizens of the county) will outweigh the desires of the minority. I wish the best for those who protect and serve. Good luck to all of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast