New Dir - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dir

director

I don't know about fair. Talk to the people who were terminated during his time here and how the investigation were done. I will agree we may be in more trouble with what is coming, but how much longer could we continue down this washed out road. I don't know about your area, but moral was at the lowest I have ever seen it. During his time here I have talked to agents and supervisors that have been threaten with loss of their jobs, dragged all the way to Tall so they could be threaten. This was a waste of time and money. No, I believe he did not make a good effort to win over the rank and file. I believe they rolled in to their positions and expected respect, just because. It does not work that way any more. You have use an ear and listen to the rank and file. You can not blindly feel that every decision out of Tall was correct and for your best interest. Some of the decisions were made with out thinking of what may happen down the road. If you desire an example: every one must pay if you live past the 35 miles, no matter if you lived their prior to the implementation. Then if it did not happen, a PBA rep said it, the director was bragging on how much this was going to make for the state. This was not good. I did notice one thing in the area of fair, most new employees were able to obtain better equipment then people that had a little time on the job. I could not get a new type of magazine holder and ended up with same old style that have a tendency to crack on the bottom. Don't know if this is fair. If you have not got enough to go around don't hand it out. Or if you have to hand them out explain these action, it might make people feel a little better as to why they can't get some equipment. No I would not want the position as director, I am not real keen on politician. Make no bones about it our director has to be a politician if they desire to hold on to the job any length of time. You say the wrong thing, do the wrong thing or some times do the right thing, and may be if you tell the truth, you will be sent packing. I did not get a warm fuzzy feeling from this politician.

director

Hey Hell boy

nice point! I failed to mention them, figured I was getting to long winded as it was.

Fair - Are you kidding me?

This director is arguably the most hated director in the history of ABT. I say so long, farewell see ya, don’t all us we’ll call you. Please take a few more with you when you leave and don’t worry we’ll turn the lights out for you.

I agree with the above. The money for cars and uniforms for the oldest plain clothes law enforcement agency in the state, yeah that makes sense. The terminations of individuals that brought forth information pertaining to violations of policy and state statute made by a supervisor. The 20 day suspension of an agent over a personal e-mail. Let not forget how this director rarely left Tallahassee and rarely went to field offices to speak to personnel, as most other directors have done. I dare say that Benson and Drago have made more office visits in the last 2 months then Hougland did in a year and half.

Fair? Most be another rookie running off at the mouth again, they just don’t know what this agency use to be like. How it use to be fun. How people use to not stab each other in the back. How they cared about each other. How agents had equipment and the authority to use it in cases that actually meant something. Fair? I don’t think so.

New Director

Word has it a name from the past is re-surfacing if they can lure him away. He is well thought of by Crist and the L.E circles and is currently at DACS as a Lt. Col. He was great guy the short time he was here, and we could do much worse.

Director

Oh yeah... real stand up guy. First, he hires a piece of crap, unprofessional, waste of a chief with ZERO people skills. Then he allows RC to rule the world with his useless SOP unit. Then he allows TOOLbert to spread his disease throughout the state.

Anybody who thinks this current Nazi regime is good, then you must have a serious chemical imbalance. Either that or you have been hired in the last year, more than likely with no experience, and you just plain out don't have a clue.

:evil:

Re: Director

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPieSux
    Oh yeah... real stand up guy. First, he hires a piece of crap, unprofessional, waste of a chief with ZERO people skills. Then he allows RC to rule the world with his useless SOP unit. Then he allows TOOLbert to spread his disease throughout the state.

Anybody who thinks this current Nazi regime is good, then you must have a serious chemical imbalance. Either that or you have been hired in the last year, more than likely with no experience, and you just plain out don't have a clue.

Do you or have you worked with Capt. Tolbert? As a 10+ veteran employee, I will admit I had reservations at first, but quickly learned he is highly intelligent, let me repeat highly, he knows the law, stood behind his employees and treated all of us with respect. He is a true professional and is missed. Now, he is firm and believes in accountability. So if the disease he is spreading throughout the state is professionalism and accountablility he needs to keep spreading his disease. So either you do not know Capt. Tolbert or you do and he has held you accountable. As for your other remarks and to all the others I encourge everyone to remain professional as other agencies including locals are talking about us. The talk is not about the current administration it is about how we are using the site to bash supervisors and each other. Reread some of the trash talk. Think about it. Think about how you and the other 15 or so people out of 150+ are making us all look. If you are disgrundled to the point you cannot regroup please move on. Find some peace and happiness. Your family will appreciate it because MoonPie you have a lot of issues bottled up.

word

I hope you dont mean Rose Giansanti !

Re: Director

Quote Originally Posted by VET247
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonPieSux

If you are disgrundled to the point you cannot regroup please move on. Find some peace and happiness. Your family will appreciate it because MoonPie you have a lot of issues bottled up.
    If he wants to voice his opinion, then let him. Obviously, he does not like how these people mentioned have changed ABT. Disgruntled? Probably so, but some people deal differently with bottled up issues. Maybe this site helps them get rid of pent up frustrations by letting loose before they they really flip out. Again, just my perspective, but not all of us are made up the same.

As for other agencies, they probably don't care what we say here. They have their own issues as we have ours. Although, I am sure things could be expressed a bit cleaner on this message board, sometimes this is how people cope.

As for this person moving on? I am sure like many others(and myself), they would like to. However, it is not that simple if they do have a family and kids.

I have not worked for Captain Tolbert myself, but I have never heard a nice thing about him until you. I never met the man, so I would not know. I won't pass judgement until I meet him.

Everyone's response to a complainer is "if you don't like it here then move on." Why? To quote Office Space, "Why should I have to, I'm not the one that suck?"

Let people voice their opinion for change without giving them that pat answer.

Listen if you guys can't figure it out, the only positive thread about the director was written by Steve or Willma Rubble. (actually she was hotter)

No one liked the director and chief. They SUUUUUUUUUUCKED.

The 20 day off thing is the best example. That seems like a good Const. issue to me but what do I know.

Wilma Rubble's attire could have been overlooked had she been equipped with a personality.

Someone else hit it on the head stating they fell into these positions and expected respect. They never earned it and therefore it was never given.

Lt. Col., Director, Phd (he friend was his main professor at UCF and assisted him along the way), Rev, Esq, Hogland.

What a joke

News Flash: Titles don't get you respect.

Best Case

Look we all know the old saying about opinions "everybody has one". This is an open forum and people should be able to have a voice here regardless what voice that is.

As for other agencies laughing at ABT - lets think about that one. A Captain violates state statute and this Admin (Director included) covers it up. Numerous law suits have stemmed from this action and other actions of this Admin. Promotions of individuals that had there view point regardless of qualifications. Spending $$$$$ on cars and uniforms for the oldest plain clothes agency in the state. Systematically retailiating against those (there have been several) that try to promote and correct policy failures. The list goes on and on. Not to mention the terminations of agents, Lt's and Captain (if you have been around long enough you know who I am speaking of) that did not deserve such.

It's not just the Director that has been at fault. It's the prior people above him, and those we put in power around him that are the cause of problems. This is one reason others laugh at us. But our inability to do the job the agency was created for is the main reason. This is not just a current or past admin problem. This is the result of shoty work on the part of some current and former agents and their supervisors, its the work of over worked under paid ABT lawyers, it is a more global problem then just one man.

I am so glad to see (if it happens) this director and cheif leave. I hope they take a few more with them. In fact I would like to see everyone in Tallahassee above the rank of agent gone (excluding maybe Campbell). The only thing that will prevent others from laughing at ABT is that the agents stop complaining and just get out there and do your job. Do the job you were hired to do and do the best you can. Your professionalism will always overshawdow the lack of professionalism on the part of others.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast