LCSO deputy not looking out for other cops? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Oh, I almost forgot, during this mess of an "investigation," this person was detained(surrounded by two deputys). That means he was not able to leave on his own free will. Along with this, he was questioned. Anyone who has ever spent time in law enforcement knows under these circumstances, the person in question must be Mirandized. That never happened. In fact, this person on numerous occasions asked to speak to counsel(union rep), and was not permitted to. That is a very actionable case. Good luck to those two deputys.

oh well

For one miranda has to do with interrogation and self incrimination, you dont have to read miranda to every person you detain and even bring to jail. Anyone in law enforcement knows that. Also, if this was the first incident with this individual officer i could see it being a slap on the wrist; but this officer was still on probation and had a serious incident just like this one prior to it, so where do you draw the line??? This was his second incident of this type, that says to me he is a risk and by keeping him employed you are jeopardizing your own job.

He was interrogated for several minutes. He should have been mirandized. It was a custodial interview. No one on here is disputing the fact that person made a mistake and probably has/had on heck of a drinking problem. I think what is being questioned is the actions of the deputys during and afte the investigation You really can not make an arguement in the favor of the deputy when he went out and bought this guy's gun the next day after all this. And I know it has been said before, but this person quit his job, he was not fired. And if it was such a big deal, he never would have been hired by other LE agencies.

You morons, custodial interviews or asking questions don't have to be mirandized. BUT you can't use them in a court prosecution. Since no charges are mentioned here, or even citations, miranda has nothing to do with it. You can question custodial contacts ALL you want, just dont expect the responses to be in the criminal case against them. DUH There is NO law or rule against questioning people in custody without miranda. Only doing so and then trying to use the statements against them IN COURT.

Who really cares anyway? It sucks it happened, but it sounds like all parties are doing just fine. Live and learn.

SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT!

OK, FIRST OF ALL THIS IS THE LCSO DEPUTY WHO AL OF YOU WANT TO RAG ABOUT, AND INSTEAD OF ALL OF YOU RUNNING WITH A RUMOR THAT YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT BECAUSE NONE OF YOU WERE THERE SHUT UP AND LISTEN.....

I WAS DRIVING UP A MAJOR ROAD AND SAW THE FMPD OFFICER AT A DEAD STOP " IN THE MIDDLE OF A ROAD " IN AN AREA OF ALOT OF CAR BURGLARIES AND NOTICED THAT THE CARS BRAKE LIGHTS KEPT LIGHTENING UP. I PULLED UP BEHIND THE CAR AND CHECKED MYSELF OUT WITH A SUSPICIOUS VEHICLE. WHEN I WALKED UPTO THE VEHICLE I SAW A GUY SITTING IN THE DRIVERS SEAT WITH THE CAR STILL RUNNING AND HE WAS SLUMPED OVER TOWARDS THE PASSENGERS SIDE. WHEN I SPOKE TO HIM IDENTIFING MYSELF, BEFORE I KNEW WHO HE WAS, I GOT STARTLED AS IF I WOKE HIM UP. HE THEN STATED THAT HE WAS A COP AND NEEDED HELP GETTING HOME BECAUSE HE WAS SO F@@KED UP AND COULDN'T DRIVE ANY FURTHER.

WHEN I SAW WHO HE WAS I PUT MY FLASHLIGHT ON MYSELF SO HE COULD SEE ME SO HE WOULD THINK THAT HE WAS OK. HE CALLED ME BY MY NAME AND THEN SAID THANK GOD IT'S YOU CAN YOU HEPL MY GET HOME I AM SO WASTED. WHEN I ASKED HIM HOW HE GOT WHERE HE WAS HE HAD NO RECOLECTION OF WHERE HE EVEN WAS. NOT TO MENTION THAT HE HAD HIS FIREARM WITH HIM. I TOLD HIM TO GET INTO MY CAR AND THAT I WOULD GET HIM HOME. AFTER 20 MINUTES OF STANDING IN THE ROAD ARGUEING WITH HIM THAT I WAS NOT GOING TO LET HIM DRIVE AWAY HE FINALLY GOT INTO MY CAR, I THEN PARKED HIS CAR IN A SAFE LOCATION, SECURED HIS FIREARM IN MY TRUNK ,AND THEN STARTED TO DRIVE 20 MINUTES OUT OF MY ZONE WHEN HE TOTALLY FORGOT WHER HE LIVED. I HAD TO RERUN THE VEHICLE TAG TO GET THE ADDRESS WHICH ONLY GAVE HIS BUILDING # NO APARTMENT #.

AFTER GETTING THE ADDRESS WE HEADED THERE, I ASKED HIM WHAT APARTMENT WAS HIS AND AGAIN HE HAD NO IDEA SO WE SAT THERE IN HIS JOINED DRIVEWAY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT DOOR TO GOTO. SO 2 ½ HOURS LATER I HAD NO CHOICE BUT CALL MY SUPERVISOR. WHEN HE ARIVED I EXPLAINED HOW THE OFFICER WAS A GOOD GUY AND THE HOLE STORY STRESSING THE FACT THAT ALL I WANT T DO IS GET HIM HOME AND NOTHING ELSE. MY SGT. WENT TO TALK TO THE OFFICER AND ASKED FOR HIS APTARTMENT NUMBER. THE OFFICER LOOKED AT HIM AND THEN TOLD HIM “NO I’M NOT TELLING YOU”

THIS OF COURSE PISSED HIM OFF A LITTLE BIT. SO SINCE HE WE COULD NOT FIND THE APT # MY SGT. CLLED HIS DEPARTMENT AND ONLY STATED THAT WE WERE WITH ONE OF HIS OFFICERS AND NEEDED TO GET HIM INTO HIS APARTMENT AND ASKED IF THEY HAD ONE FOR HIM. THEY THEN STATED THAT THEY DIDN’T EVEN HAVE THAT ADDRESS LISTED FOR HIM. AS WE THEN BEGAN TALKING TRYING TO FIGURE OUT ANOTHER OPTION TO GET HIM A PLACE TO STAY FOR THE NIGHT, I EVEN BEGAN TO CONSIDER LETTING HIM STAY AT MY PLACE FOR THE NIGHT, HE WALKED OVER WITH HIS CELL PHONE IN HAND ATTEMPTING TO STICK IT IN MY SGT.’S FACE SAYING HERE TALK TO MY PBA REP THEN WALKED AWAY TELLING HIM THAT WE WERE ARRESTING HIM AND HUNG UP. SHORTLY THERE AFTER HE STARTED TO SOBER UP, OF COURSE 3 HOURS LATER, AND WAS ABLE TO POINT OUT HIS APTARTMENT. SO WE GOT HIM INTO HIS APARTMENT THEN WALKED OUT TO OUR CAR TO LEAVE WHEN HE THEN WALKED OUT THROUGH THE GARAGE AND STARTED AGAIN. SO ONCE AGAIN I HAD TO TALK HIM BACK INTO HIS RESIDENCE ALONG WITH TELLING HIM, EVEN AFTER EVERYTHING THAT I ALREADY DID FOR HIM, TO CALL ME IN THE MORNING AND I WOULD DRIVE OUT OF MY WAY TO DRIVE HIE BACK TO PICK UP HIS CAR.

THE NEXT DAY HE CALLED ME TO TELL ME THAT THEY GAVE HIM THE OPTION TO EITHER RESIGN OR HAVE AN INVESTIGATION OPENED UP AND BE FIRED SO HE RESIGNED. HE THEN TOLD ME THAT HE WAS GOING TO GET A COUPLE HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR HIS OFF DUTY GUN AT A PAWN SHOP SO I GAVE HIM $ 100.00 MORE THEN THEY WERE GOING TO.

HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO MOVE BACK TO NEW YORK AND I EVEN CONVINCED HIM TO NOT GIVE UP AND TO APPLY WITH NYPD AND EVEN TALKED TO THE BACK GROUND INVESTIGATOR FOR HIM HELPING HIM. HE EVEN CALLED ME THANKING ME FOR ALL THAT I DID FOR HIM WHILE HE ACTED LIKE A COMPLETE ASS, THESE WERE HIS WORDS.

SO TO ALL OF YOU THAT WANT TO JUMP THE BAND WAGON OF RUMOR LAND SCREW OFF. TO EVERYONE THAT NEW SOMEWHAT OF THE STORY AND BACKED ME, THANK YOU FOR LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR FELLOW OFFICER JUST AS I DID!!!

If this person placed himself in the position where he jeopardized the safety of not only himself but he other driver on the road, then he should feel lucky that all he had to do was quit his job. If some of you don’t forget a person in his very condition is how one of our Deputies got killed. If he truly wanted to stay in law enforcement than he should have had enough respect for himself than to get behind the wheel of the vehicle in that condition.

So, now I am intrigued......whatever happened to this person?

FMPD OFFICER

he moved back to new york and is supposed to be working for another department... don't know which one!

And some cops are so confused when we actually arrest other cops when they put us in these positions.

Professional courtesy can only go so far...

I believe that the LCSO deputy did the right thing. What if that deputy, or one of his buddies, would've given the intoxicated officer a ride home? A few hours later, the intoxicated officer manages to get back to his car, make entry, drive off, and ends up killing a family of 4 on their way home from church. Imagine what the community, media, and the rest of thw world would say about that deputy who was negligent in possibly saving innocent lives. "Damned if you do, damned if you don't." :x

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast