LIBERAL JUDGES
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LIBERAL JUDGES

LIBERAL JUDGES

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Dear Brother and Sister Law Enforcement Officers:

I would normally begin by telling you that I had a great week in spreading the word about us taking back our PBA. This week was not a good week at all. After hearing about Sgt. Ron Harrison’s murder last week and the subsequent death of the offender, who appeared to be doing his best to kill even more police officers before he was sent to Hell by the HCSO Tactical Team, it made me wonder how such a violent person like him could be out on the street, available to commit more violence. Then I discovered that a local judge let him out on bail after he re-offended while being out on bail. Even after hearing that the State Attorney’s Office advised against it, the judge let him out anyway. Apparently this is not the first time this judge has released some thug who went out and murdered some innocent person after being set free on bail.

A good friend suggested that every police officer in Tampa send this judge a Christmas card saying simply that we hope his Christmas is good since the Harrison family’s won’t be. I like that idea.

I thought it would be a good idea to erect a billboard near the residence of the judge, or across the street from the court house saying the judge should shoulder some responsibility for the death of Sgt. Harrison. That judge should feel us!

Sgt. Harrison and I have crossed paths over the years. I have met him and spoken to him several times and always walked away impressed by his genuine warmth. As I sat there at the funeral on Tuesday I thought how close in age we were and how he had as many years in law enforcement as me. I thought about my daughter and two sons as I heard his daughter and son each give their moving eulogy about their father. While I was sad, I was also angry about all of the sorrow that continues to be cast upon us, the law enforcement officers of America, by liberal judges who just don’t get the fact that repeat violent offenders should not be on the street. They belong in jail, away from the lawful people we defend each day.

I decided there and then to find Kevin Durkin at the conclusion of the service and discuss what we, the PBA could do to make this judge hear us. Kevin, where were you? I couldn’t find you.

Till next time,

Greg Stout

Re: LIBERAL JUDGES

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Stout
    I decided there and then to find Kevin Durkin at the conclusion of the service and discuss what we, the PBA could do to make this judge hear us. Kevin, where were you? I couldn’t find you.
    I came from a department where the police union wielded significant political power. It's a shame that it's not like that here with our PBA. I guess our PBA is spending too much of its money on a $25K stipend and a take-home vehicle for a secretary to worry about such things as making political statements.

The union should fight for its members in every way possible. That means Kevin or another PBA rep should make statements to the media, saying the things that the city is afraid to say. How come this never happens?

We need someone like Gary Delagnes, the president of San Francisco's union. Here's an example of his media response to a police shooting:

http://media.sfpoa.org/9591734.wmv

Now that's a union leader the membership can get behind.

What the hell are you talking about...

that sounds just like Kevin!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would be nice to have a P.B.A. that had balls!

After watching that video there is only one thing I can say, AMEN, and can I get a hell ya from the bleachers. I have'nt even heard from our PBA since the murder of Sgt. Harrison occurred. Why not?

I agree. It is the job of the PBA to stand up for the membership. Whether that means fighting for pay and benefits or expressing outrage that one of our elected judges dropped the ball, it's all in a union's job description. With all the membership that the PBA has, our union has some major potential to be a public advocate for thousands and a political force to be reckoned with. It's a shame that they don't care.

I love that video!!!!!!! :lol:

in the family

Last time Kevin held a news conference it was to complain his brother had been fired..... In fact this is the only time I know of Kevin ever holding a news conference...

Are you kidding me? Durkin did not go to the funeral? Was Tuesday a workday for him? He couldn't even get that right!

Did you guys forget already!!

He couldn't go because he was busy driving the secretary's car around the block because there is no parking available.

video

Actually that video was about a SFPD cop who got rammed by the suspect during a pursuit and the media was doing the usual "why pursue" crap.
    Otherwise, Greg....you are finally talking now! You got me on board....these are issues that the PBA should SCREAM about......... Lopez is terrible...I am actually suprised that more officers didn't already know that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast