FOP Negotiations - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: FOP

Quote Originally Posted by ALMOST DONE
    I WONDER HOW HARD THE FOP TEAM IS REALLY FIGHTING FOR US...WE HAVE A MAN WHO WAS A TEAMSTER NEGOTIATOR FOR 22 YEARS AND OUR PEOPLE WON'T LISTEN TO HIM...WE HAVE A GROUP OF AMATEURS THAT DON'T LISTEN....IS IT TIME TO SEE IF WE CAN CHANGE AND LET THE PBA TAKE OVER NEGOTIATIONS FOR US
    I think you're an idiot!! It's an insult to our FOP members who are on the team to question how hard they are fighting for us. These are members who are spending a lot of their personal time to try to make things better for all of us. It's couterproductive to blame them for what we do or don't receive. Sure the ultimate say in what we get is from the sheriff, but our team is there to represent us and make it known to the sheriff what we believe we should receive. Instead of bashing them why don't you show them your support and appreciation for what they are doing!!

NO_CONFIDENCE

I saw a sign today on a vehicle that said "Support our deputies because the Sheriff wont". Its in response to the Sheriff of Pasco County Bob White. I asked the driver of the car why he had the sign, he replied my son-in-law works for the agency and they have reached an impasse with negotiations. He also stated they (THE CITIZENS) of the county have organized two demonstrations at the court house for a no-confidence vote against thier Sheriff. I wonder if Coats would like the same treatment. Word to the wise, If Ms Upman feels real comfortable snapping off her mouth then maybe she could be subject too looking into a new job in 08................................................ ................................................

Quote Originally Posted by newevesguy
    How hard the FOP is working? Rest of Quote Deleted By MOD 1
    That has nothing to do with the issues we are dealing with so STFU and stop trying to start BS.

issues

dont let these issue go to the way side. STAY ON TRACK AND DONT GIVE IN NO MATTER WHAT. 5 percent------------

Negotiations

I say take the 3%. What do we do if we don't accept what Upman and Jim offer? We strike= not gonna happen. Impasse=we could do that, but we wont get back pay. What other options do we have? They have us by the balls and we all know it. Let Deputies take their cars out of county, give me short sleeves year round, and show me my money.

Just my thoughts

3% is a raise you guys are right. Is it just? No.

Ms. Upman, you have no right to tell us to look elsewhere. The arrogance of you. You should be summarily dismissed. You insult those who give so much while wearing this uniform.

Sheriff, I know you will laugh at this, but I make you a promise. If Ms. Upman is still here when you begin your re-election, neither I nor anyone I know will vote for you. You need to get control of your department sir. There are so many little dictators running this place that it is becoming rediculous. We,YOU, have forgotten what this agency is all about. It is about serving the public, doing our job,, and taking care of our people. You are not doing that. From the fiscal mismanagement that caused Puller to leave, the insurance debacle, your noticable abscence and lack of leadership, the list is endless.

Does it bother us that this civilian, Ms. Upman, who has paid no dues with this agency slaps us in the face with her comments?

Your damn right it does.

IMPASSE

Why not it seems to be a way to resolve issues. It appears the rank and file is so willing to give chance after chance with our so called leader . Enough is Enough. Do the right thing and send him and his hot dog gang a message. No Confidence.

Get Straight in 08, Vote Peasley, please consider all options before you agree on a contract.

Question

Can someone tell me what will happen if we dont except the 3 percent,

Possible outcome

Well, if we are only offered 3 percent by the Sheriff and he will not accept any counter offers from the FOP then it will go to a membership vote. This will happen before Oct 1st. If we don't accept it, then we will go back to the tables and discuss it. If he says that the 3 percent is the last and final offer, we again will vote. This could take a month or two. Meanwhile the Detention Deputies will get their 3 percent Oct 1st. We will wait until we vote and if its in Dec then so be it. We will miss out on the increased salary and it won't be retroactive. Remember last time. Seems the 3 percent is what were gonna get. Look at PPPD with only a 2.5 offer and the city doesnt seem to be willing to give more, Pasco County is about the same. Not knowing what is ahead regarding the property tax cuts in January will do, perhaps this is the best deal we can get. Am I wrong!..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast