NEXT ACADEMY
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEXT ACADEMY

NEXT ACADEMY

Can anyone tell me when the next DOT Basic Academy is?

Also, I have gone through all the phases with said agency, and is just waiting to hear "yes or no".

I finish the last phase (oral board etc..) two months ago but has not received any letters or phone calls. Is their anyone who is in the same situation as me, or should i contact DOT and find out what is going on with my application?

jj

Call Lt. Jeff Frost, or Sgt. Timothy Goodman. 245-7900. They will help you. They are undergoing a new boss, and decisions are not very fast coming in any area. Budget cuts and all.

The next clas is not until 2008 so there is no hurry to hire at this point in time.

How was the final phase?

How was the oral interview?

They did my residential check about a month ago. I have not either heard anything yet on the next step.

Good luck to you.

NEXT ACADEMY

Thanks to those who responded so quickly.

Guest 2007, to answer your questions; the final phase is not bad at all.

DOT sends you a letter stating they scheduled you for a Pre-Employment Screening which is; the Psychological test, Eye exam, Drug screen, Physical exam, and the Oral board.

Probably the longest part of the whole process is the Psychological test. It is one on one with Dr. Cook, all scenario base questions. Then you receive two test books with approximately 500 questions in each book.

After going through the Psychological part, when you get to the Oral board it feels like a breeze. When i went I had Sgt. Goodman, and Lt. Frost for the Oral. I believe i was asked 7 or 8 scenario questions and was asked the usual "why do you want to be in law enforcement?" etc.. type questions.

Just do your best, dress to impress, and you should be fine!

Good luck to you as well, and keep me posted.

How is it goin so far JJ?

Quote Originally Posted by guest-
    The academy is going okay so far. We have our first big test on constitutional law and the criminal justice system this Tuesday, so I'm a little nervous about that.

Anyway, I'll let those that are interested, know how i did after Tuesday. Thanks for checking up on me!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ
    Quote Originally Posted by guest-
    The academy is going okay so far. We have our first big test on constitutional law and the criminal justice system this Tuesday, so I'm a little nervous about that.

Anyway, I'll let those that are interested, know how i did after Tuesday. Thanks for checking up on me!
    JJ How did you do on the first big test? I hope that you did well. Good luck! Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    The next clas is not until 2008 so there is no hurry to hire at this point in time.
    I understand that there is a class in progress now. Is the next class in April, or July?

Are you certified? If not, where do you live and where do you want to be assigned?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast