lateral transfer

lateral transfer

Does your dept. accept lateral transfers from other states? I am looking to relocate from south florida with my family. Any suggestions ?

Re: lateral transfer

Quote Originally Posted by florida leo
    Does your dept. accept lateral transfers from other states? I am looking to relocate from south florida with my family. Any suggestions ?
    I don't think a transfer is the right word. I had to take a TN POST test based on my knowledge and training. After south FL acadamy and years on the job, it was no big deal. I saw an article in the local paper last week about the lack of quailified applicants at JCPD. Try www.johnsoncitypress.com and look at last sundays (9/9) issue. I will tell you there a lot of Floridians up here and more coming every day; but the job here aint like down there. Money, retirement, benefits and union representation are problems. No 185, no drop plan and min. 30 yrs.

how far from jefferson county

Coming on up for a better life, how far from Jefferson County is Johnson City and are you hiring.

Re: how far from jefferson county

Quote Originally Posted by another Fla Leo
    Coming on up for a better life, how far from Jefferson County is Johnson City and are you hiring.
    Johnson City is about 40 miles N.E. up I-81. The largest of the Tri-Cities, it is my understanding that the P.D. is looking for experienced officers. The chief is John Lowry. He started at the bottom and hasn't forgotten where he came from. I am retired from police work but enjoy living here. I hope this has been some help to another refugee from So. Florida.

Unregistered

Virginia is still accepting lateral leo transfers

Virginia is still accepting lateral leo transfers