IUPA question? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IUPA question?

Raises

Quote Originally Posted by Guest Who?
    Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel 8/22/07: Broward School District, Teachers Agree On Contract, 5.59%, Broward PBA, Same old 3%, 3%,& 3%. Oh, lets not forget PBA dues automatically go up with each raise and you guessed it, so does our health insurance. Wake up deputies!
    Miami Herald 2-28-07: Broward County Commission gives County Bus mechanics 39% raise. Mechanics Union says before this raise, they were not able to attract, hire or retain qualified applicants/employees. Mechanics were not able to afford housing in the area either. This puts their top pay at around $27.00 an hour. :?

Dade IUPA member

Quote Originally Posted by Dade IUPA Member
    Totally agree. We are still waiting for the other attorneys to be hired. There is way more to our career than just the contract which a good civilian attorney can do, but when it comes to representing LEO's they are out of there league. 3-4 years later we are still waiting for more attorneys. I dont want promises when the SH-T hits the fan. I want excellent representation now.
    NICE TRY PETE....but we don't believe it.

PBA

If you have any doubts about what union to vote for, then just ask yourself one question

Could it be any worse than what we have now ? OF COURSE NOT!

We have given the PBA years to negotiate a contract for us. I'm tired of hearing the same story.... this is the best you are going to get. 3% cost of living raise, increase in your insurance costs and by the way your dues went up too. I hope you all will vote for the union that you feel will benefit all of us....... I am.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123