New Budget Proposal - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

So why does someone have to be an instructor to teach nonCMS classes? If someone has knowledge that they can share why, not listen? For example if there was a new agent that retired from a larger agency and had years of narcotics experience, why shouldn’t we learn all we can from that person? Who cares if they have not been to instructor techniques? Not me. :P

We have a considerable amount of talent in this agency. Add all the college, hours of specialized training and experience and I doubt there are many agencies that could match us. I don't think "years" with ABT counts for much in the big scheme of things. One thing I have noticed is there is a difference between someone with 20 years experience and someone with 1 year, twenty times. I learn almost every day, and sometimes that knowledge is courtesy of a person that wasn't even born when I started this job. Thanks.

Selection process

FYI I no why those agents were picked for the JTTF...because they got off there asses...started working numeorus cases with the JTTF, became involved in some secret cases then the JTTF asked for them specifically. Not to mention there experiance, and qualifications. Sometimes its better to begin on some local task forces to gain experiance and knowledge, really the JTTF is not a training ground for new agents with no experiance. Also don't hesitate to contact your JTTF reps and help them out, thats how you get noticed and could be selected for future vacancies. For those of you who don't understand that concept you probably never worked for a large department. Like I said before stop complaining, get off your asses, go out and make some cases and involve other agencies. By the way I'm pretty impressed that out agency is part of the statewide JTTF, no matter who is involved.

Budget & the new unit?

So much BS so little time. It's all about politics and who you know nothing else. You can't work with other agencies unless you are a favorite of at least the Capt. and in the south the Major. Qualifications and prior LE experience do not seem to be a consideration. The Major it seems has vast experience only in ABT and the others range from Fish and Wildlife to ex other local agencies with very limited LE experience. This is a political agency and qualifications and LE experience play no part in promotion or task force selection live with it or move on.

Nunurbiz - you say to get out and then other task forces will request your - thats true - I know of an agents in South Florida requested by other federal task forces - they made some huge cases with them - and were told to put a proposal together and send it up - got shot down because it would have taken away from the Super Task Force and then ABT pissed off the agency requesting that agent because they called, offered the position to ABT - requested the agents kicking buytt on those task forces, which would have brought ABT A LOT OF MONEY for the trust fund, and then they blew off these other agencies. Get your facts straight - I am so glad these agents "brought JTTF to ABT" - they were asking for us since the inception of the thing but they kept getting shot down - even under the Majors tenure - it took some friends to get hired to take those spots - they were handpicked by him to come on board - it has been shot down for years - how can you shoot down other task forces if they are so important - they told the other agents not enough manpower - again, so much BS, so little time. Other agents just have to keep doing it peacemeal until ABT can share the wealth with everyone - I hope Drago detaches as many people as he can - we need it.

hey haha,
    If the proposal you submitted contained as many mispelled words as this post, I can see why they turned you down!!
    Lets face it you will never win a spelling BEE or compete on "Are you smarter than a fifth grader"
    Good luck with the rest of your so called career which from what I see appears to be short!!

Hay Hahah

Like all of us in south fla...do not know who wrote that one....First of all your facts are all messed up.....The JTTF never asked for ABT until late last year...it took months to get a MOU...Their is another Fed. Task Force in SOuth fla..that has had an ABT agent assigned for years. Orlando has agents on MIU, JAcksonville and Gainsville has agents in task forces....etc..etc..etc...the cases you are talking about that were taken to a local fed/state task force, and the proposal that was submitted was shot down for two reasons, none of which were personnel matters... The agent in South Fla. who submitted the cases misrepresented the cases and the agent could not show any link to anything ABT was investigating, wow, no wonder they were shot down. Stop complaining and go to work......and stop writing what you have no knowledge of.....because its nunurbiz anyway

Man I'm glad I work up north - south florida is brutal! Agents sparring with one another - who cares who is where - let em have the task forces - ill stick with the inspections - less hassle.

Nunurbiz - I'm not from South Florida - wouldnt want to work there - Ill take the northern district thanks...I'm glad you know so much - maybe you should be chief!

OK, enough bashing each other, let's look at these budget cuts again.

Here's what I don't get. If we are rolling taxes back 2 years and that's why we need to cut back then why don't we just agree to cut back our pay to what it was 2 years ago and drive the same cars from 2 years ago.

Hey wait, nothing has changed in 2 years.

Since taxes have gone up so much recently, but we haven't seen any increase, then why should we have to cut back now.

Someone has been getting more money because of the taxes and it sure hasn't been the State employees at ABT. :?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast