ABT is Proposing a cut in 8 LEO positions and closing 1 ofc
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ABT is Proposing a cut in 8 LEO positions and closing 1 ofc

Wow, looks like management is looking out for us, agents. Just go and look at the proposed budget cuts ABT has submitted for us and they have told us nothing, as usual. They are cutting 8 LEO positions and closing the entire Key West Office!!!! Don't believe me, go to: http://www.flgov.com/pdfs/DBPRVIII-B.pdf.

A most excellent idea. No reason to have a Keys office. Can't keep it staffed anyway. Eight less agents? Who would notice? There are at least that many on the way out now.

The link does not work already - guess management had it removed - oh well, they are leaving on 10/01/07 - maybe things are going to change - but I will not hold my breath...maybe a few less majors positions here and a few less captains positions could save the agesnts - two for one sounds like a good deal to me!

Eliminate major's positions? Are you insane? That is the best position in the whole state. Just think about it. Seventy three thousand dollars ($73,000) for supervising one captain. Mark Knoffler had it right. Money for nothing. That's the way you do it. I'm hoping for one of those positions myself.

The link actually does work, but you have to remove the the last period after the "pdf" in the ending. But, since I'm a nice guy, I'll give it to you again here: http://www.flgov.com/pdfs/DBPRVIII-B.pdf

I recommend you print this out and keep it before it gets blocked for real!

The part concerning the agents is at the bottom of page 9 and the beginning of 10. If this happens, the workload in SoFla will go through the roof. Hey, maybe home offices weren't a bad idea after all...? Isn't it cheaper to give us laptops with air cards than it is to maintain fully furnished offices?

Also, here are a few novel ideas: F%$K the KPI's, concentrate on the important things, and raise vice taxes (it seems to generate good money for the feds, so why not us?).

And finally, since my name suggests I'm comical, here's a joke:

A man applied to be an agent with ABT. At the interview, he was told it was good job, so he took it. Bad move.

Yeah, I'm not laughing either. :twisted:

This may not be hell, but I can see it from here.

ABT has not grown in 40 years. The number of licensed premises has grown 500%. The number of positions has decreased over the years. What does that tell you?
    Uncle Buck said it best. We are necessary - not important. If you read some of the posts in other forums, you will see that sentiment is shared by many other agencies. It's a good thing John Ellis Bush had the foresight to fund "license sleaze" because we wouldn't be able to keep up with the paperwork otherwise.

i got an idea

Here is a thought or two.. stop making us make file folders for every little thing. It is already in Licensee, no reason to make two or three copies of the same thing for different files and cabinet drawers. Assign zones to agents, police work is about zones, the benefits far outweigh the negatives, it can work we just need to make it work. I have witnessed on several occasions when complaints come in they are assigned by the order the come in. If 5 complaints come in they are assigned to 5 different agent, even if the complaints are in the same county, so now 5 different agent have to travel to the same county to work the 5 complaints, this just waste gas and manpower.
    How many complaints could be handled over the phone? It is about time the secretaries get paid for doing something other than surf the web or go on ebay.
    This could be a great place to work, I hope it gets back to that before too long.

You are right as rain. LicenseEase was sold to us (or crammed down our throats) as a step toward the future. I was told no more paper files, no more waste, no more of the old way of doing business. The idea was everyone would have a laptop and easy access to the system. You could look up anything anywhere at any time. A printer in the car and presto - instant neatly prepped notices, etc. What a crock of crap. Now we input and print and file. Input, print and file. IPF.
    The zone idea is a good one. Sort of like community policing - what a concept. Since we have a history of taking programs from other agencies and modifying them to fit our way of doing business, maybe we can sell this idea to the new management team. Now all we need to do is come up with a cool name for it like ICARE!!!!! I can't hardly type this without breaking into fits of laughter. IPF Sometimes I crack myself up.

Hey all - thanks for the help with the link - will print it out - nice to see the administration screwing ABT agents again - I feel bad for the agents in Miami - we here up North that down there they cannot even fill the staff positions they have and they keep losing more people everyday due to mismanagement - I guess the northern region aint that bad - I guess the DAR's going away is a start - I hear the KPI's are going away too - some people have had them reduced for having special assignments - typical administration. Not fair to the rank and file. What are the Lt. and two agents in the Keys going to do if this plan goed through? Get fired? I hope they sue. These people need to start taking control of this place - HELP PBA - get up and freaking say something about this!

I think a big problem for PBA is a lack of dues paying members in ABT. I don't know anyone that is a member in my area. It is hard for the PBA to show interest when the represented class doesn't care enough to join.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast