taken from the PP Beacon - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

taking away positions

Is it the city managers wisdom or the pd admin. to put an officer at the high school by herself with 2400 students and the more experienced sro goes to the middle school?

Morgan most foul!

I think the middle school is worse!

SRO Question

The law enforcement agencies in the County that police the high schools and middle schools entered into a new contract with the school board this year. The decision to return to one officer per school was the made by the superintendent (Mr. Clayton). This decision was made countywide. Instead of funding an additional police officer at Pinellas Park, Countryside, and Clearwater high school, Mr. Clayton committed to one officer and agreed to beef up their campus monitor program.

We were granted permission by Council to police Morgan after the SO pulled out.

As for the assignments, this decision was mine in consultation with the Chief and the new school principal. I also received invaluable input from S2. The current high school SRO experienced exponential growth in her first year and I have the utmost confidence in her abilities to do a great job. Policing a school is not for everyone and those officers who pursue this side of policing deserve our support. I am encouraged by ML’s willingness to meet the challenges policing the high school presents. With everyone support and encouragement, she will have a very successful school year that will reflect well on ML and our police department.

As for the SRO at Morgan, his experience will serve him and our agency well in this new assignment. Although a law enforcement presence is nothing new to Morgan, we are new to Morgan. JT will need to draw from his experience from the High School and youth services to reach these very challenging students and develop a solid SRO foundation for others to follow. Like ML, I am encouraged by JT’s willingness to meet the challenges policing the middle school presents.

If anyone has any other question regarding this issue, please call or come and see me.

Haworth

another one bites the dust. we are losing people. is the admin going to address the other issues in this string of posts? moral is terrible.

I disagree

I disagree, I haven't seen that moral is down. Just because yours is down doesn't mean others feel the same. I do my 10 hours, enjoy my 3 days off & take home car. I am not overworked, it's busy depending on the zone and day. Mabey you need to go elsewhere, but you are not a representative of myself and officers I have talked to.

A Question

OK, Moral, Can I ask a question? If moral is so bad here, then why, why I ask is the bickering worse, I say worse on other agency boards, for example ones up north of our county and in our county. Why are brother & sister officer attacking each other on other boards at other agencies?

If the grass is so greener at other agencies, did you look at their postings for God's sake??????

Sorry, I'll choose to stay here.

I wonder Mr. Haworth? ...Why is it that you harbor such resentment and dislike for others at your agency..Why do you harbor such dislike for certain Detectives...Why is it that you harbor such dislike for for one possibly both of your Dare officers....Why is it that you love a certain handful of your officers but could care less about the rest...And why is it that when you dislike someone, you let everyone know it..

not true

That's not true at all, I've known him for almost 6 years and I never have known him to be anything but fair, Sounds like you have a problem with him, why don't you go face to face? Why are you worried about others so much? Do you always worry about who likes other officers? What you say is not credible or true at all, nice try though.

If you don't believe MORALE is down your full of crap. I love when officers come on this post and say "Don't speak for me". STATE RETIREMENT!!!!!!!!!! Enough said!

Not True

I had state retirement at the jail, I left it and came here. My point is DID YOU READ THE OTHER AGENCIES WITH STATE RETIREMENT ON THEIR LEO AFFAIRS BOARDS?????? They are at each others throat, Please read their postings, Is their morale better? Why do you ignore that fact? Only someone who can't better themself would work where they are unhappy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast