Possible LWPD merger with PBSO... - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I think the next budget workshop sheduled by the city commission will give us an idea whether the take over will happen. Wait and see.

I really did not hear anything on the Budget workshop meeting to give any indication one way or another. I did hear that they lowered the minimum staffifing on Midnight's, rather than pay overtime. This on a Friday night. Now they are endangering us with their budget manipulations. When is this all going to end. Hopefully very soon, but the longer it takes, the more desperate people are becoming. The way I see it, is they are putting dollars above our safety, and we could be heading for a tragedy. It has been getting real old for a while now being dispatched to a "heated domestic", and dispatch saying, "I'll try and get you a 94". Then as your trying to be safe, hearing the same dispatcher send the next available unit to a noise complaint, forgetting all about you, because this call had been holding, and OMG, we can't hold that Noise complaint, or abandoned vehicle call. Its unreal, I can't tell you how many times I have thought to myself, and wanted to say it but haven't. THE VEHICLES ABANDONED, ITS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. Get the tag, if any, make sure its not stolen, and it can wait. Unreal.

Merger

Sorry guys, the merger is not happening, at least not this year. The D/C position is still in the budget and the position is not being cut. let's be realistic, with all of the tax roll backs and the vote coming in January, no one can afford to merge with anyone, thats the cold hard fact. The recent budget work shop also gave a lot of clues or indicators that it wasn't happening. Just take a look at what happened in West Palm Beach, everyone said it was going to happen but the local union voted it down and the Mayor made it very clear, "we're not giving up our police department".

Re: Merger

Quote Originally Posted by LW Cop
    Sorry guys, the merger is not happening, at least not this year. The D/C position is still in the budget and the position is not being cut. let's be realistic, with all of the tax roll backs and the vote coming in January, no one can afford to merge with anyone, thats the cold hard fact. The recent budget work shop also gave a lot of clues or indicators that it wasn't happening. Just take a look at what happened in West Palm Beach, everyone said it was going to happen but the local union voted it down and the Mayor made it very clear, "we're not giving up our police department".
    Don't be to sure about that. WPB can talk all they want, they can't afford their PD. PBSO has not submitted the proposal to Lake Worth yet and the D/C position is going this October. The local union did not vote down the merger with West Palm Beach, the PBA and the Sheriff can't afford a merger that big right now. Inevitably Lake Worth and other cities will have to merger they can't afford it anymore. West Palm's pensions alone cost them over 12 million a year. The Sheriff said he doesn't want West Palm yet, he wants Lake Worth and he is going to give them a sweet deal. Just wait and see. Stop spreading information unless you have the facts.

Merger

Looks like things haven't changed much since I was there. The sad thing is LWPD was a good place to work when Dave Lennertz was the chief. After the city ran him off and Carmel Lee Reece became chief, the place slowly went to hell. I don't have any idea how many officers came and went but my I.D. # was below 310. Don't get me wrong, I still have friends who worked there until retirement and managed not to get fired. But there were many who were ruined so Marty and Lee could share in their 185 money; and they were good cops. Bobby Jankowski is a prime example.
    The city threatened us with a PBSO take over too! We said GREAT--CANT WAIT---WE NEED A RAISE! But sadly it never happened.

Boy weren't those the good ole boy days

merger

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Boy weren't those the good ole boy days
    They most definitely were! Sand streets in the quarters, The Glintons selling dope @ Wingfield & Washington; Wellington Glinton even sold to a uniformed D/S in a marked car one night. It was a hoot. We even looked forward to going to work. Too bad those days are long gone :!:

Lake WorthMerger

To West Palm Cop:

No, you should get your own facts straight! That is exactly what the Palm Beach post reported in reference to the union vote on the West Palm merger, and that is exactly what your Mayor said. Although I don't beleive everything I read in the post, that's where I got the information from and confirmed it with one of your employee's. Anyway, the PBA vote means NOTHING, it's the decision of the city commission, not the union. Additionally the DC is not being cut in October, he may retire in January as I heard he had planned, but he is not being cut. This was addressed in the last budget work shop. You need to confirm your facts before you write on some other departments message board and stop spreading rumors with no basis.

Re: Lake WorthMerger

Quote Originally Posted by LW Cop
    To West Palm Cop:

No, you should get your own facts straight! That is exactly what the Palm Beach post reported in reference to the union vote on the West Palm merger, and that is exactly what your Mayor said. Although I don't beleive everything I read in the post, that's where I got the information from and confirmed it with one of your employee's. Anyway, the PBA vote means NOTHING, it's the decision of the city commission, not the union. Additionally the DC is not being cut in October, he may retire in January as I heard he had planned, but he is not being cut. This was addressed in the last budget work shop. You need to confirm your facts before you write on some other departments message board and stop spreading rumors with no basis.
    Stop speaking. You're a true idiot! I work for West Palm you don't. Our city commissioners voted in favor of speaking to the Sheriff. I don't care what the Mayor said, she's incompetent anyway. The palm beach post never did an article on this anyway. Just keep talking you are proving to be your own worst enemy. The DC of your city is another incompetent moron. I know a little more than you think and like it or not the cities can't afford their police force and public safety anymore. A lot more places will have to fold, or we will have to do something in the county to levitate the cost of services. What's going to happen in January with another tax roll back? You need to practice what you preach, here you are telling me to stop posting with no basis well don't speak about West Palm unless you have a clue, which you don't.

Mommy Mommy...the boys from Lake Worth are going at with the West palm guys again...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast