Atention Broward Sheriffs district 11 SGT. shot and killed!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Atention Broward Sheriffs district 11 SGT. shot and killed!

Im sad to annouce the passing of Chris Reyka who was shot several times in a ambushe by two unknown suspects the shooting happened this morning around 1 30 am... Reyka was taken to north broward where he was pronouced dead on arrivel. It's the worse day so far this year in law enforcement.. be on the look out for a white four door sadan.

Chris was a vet of 18yrs he leaves behind a wife and four children my god be with his family

Round 2

DOA? If he was shot at 0120 and pronounced dead at 4am, It took them 2 and half hours to get to the hospital? I don't understand the BOLO is for a white american made sedan? Don't they have the tag number? Can't they tell the year, make and model? There are alot of white sedans out there. I'm sorry if I come off alittle rude but I am extreamly pissed off at this. It really is getting out of control.

We are very sorry for the loss of your Sgt. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and Sgt. Reyka's family and friends. We also wish the best for Det. Hernandez and his family and friends. It is a very sad day for all of law enforcement. and we share in your grief. Hillsborough County SO Dep.

Brothers and Sisters at BSO.
    Our prayers are with you in this horrable week of tragedy you are going thru.We are praying for the families of all those invoved.Please be safe..A brother at Manatee County SO

Don't have the details yet but I BOLO was issued for a white police type vehicle with tints. The BOLO said the officer was shot numerous times. On my way home from the off duty I saw FHP and DOT officers all over the place watching the turnpike.

Guys and gals, the trend lately has been shoot at the police.... (Even for petty crimes) to get away

Watch your asses out there. These guys are well armed and some know how to shoot. As in the case with the last guy who practiced head shots at the range and ended up shooting the cop in the head.

Funny how police departments are trying to be kinder and gentler, worry about community policing, use less lethal tactics and all that other stuff. Now, we are paying for it.
    we have become soft ! and the bad guys know it. No DL, run from the cops...they can't chase me. Crack dealers do execution style murders in broad daylight with a cop car a block away, think they are worried about getting caught? When I was younger, you didn't dare stare at a cop as he past by or he would get out and ask "why you eyeballing me son" driving through overtown is like a staring competition with every joker on the corner

We don't have to resort to the river cop ways but something got to change, soon or we are going to loose control.

There is a guy in my crew that can't write a arrest form for a in progress burglary / subject in custody arrest without someone telling him what to write and then the Sgt. correcting him further. BUT, he can be top dog when it comes to drinking in public arrest or trespassing on the rail road track arrest.

I'll say it again, WE ARE SOFT

Can we please lose the negativity, at least for now! Let us all concentrate on Sgt. Christopher Reyka, Det. Maury Hernandez and their families. We are all a family, we are bothers and sisters and we must watch out for one another.

Lets pray for the swift apprehension of the low-life pieces of SH_T that have taken Sgt. Christopher Reyka away from us. May the justice system or the apprehension team take care of justice the way it should.

God bless Sgt. Christopher Reyka, may he RIP.

Det. Maury Hernandez you will remain in our prayers for a full recovery.

Update

The Bolo was for a 4 door white police type vehicle like a Ford Crown Vic or a Chevy Caprice..they just found a Ford Crown Vic on the Turnpike abandoned. It was an old police car.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to Sgt Rekyas family..I live near him. My thoughts are with the other Deputy who was shot a couple of days ago, I hope he is recovering well.
    PLEASE BE SAFE OUT THERE....THIS IS TWICE NOW IN A COUPLE OF DAYS..GOD BLESS

Get Out Of My Way

We have no respect. No one fears us anymore. We are the true victims of Powertrac. Our reputation is shot and the one who has ruined it will be seeking face time on TV to say how saddened we are by the senseless shooting of this sergeant.

Time to take back the streets. Did the scumbag forget to call you sir or mam? Introduce his head to the windshield. Did he spit at you or disrespect you in anyway? Handcuff him and give him a shot of Good Stuff in the mouth. See if it really does fill all empty space. Is he running from you? Run his ass over. At least if they hate you - you know where they're coming from and will always be prepared. It's a strategy. Make them NOT want to have any dealings with you at all.

Can't get compliance - use controlled violence. Yes, that's right - I said it. What's on your mind. If you don't get it - stand back and watch an old timer. Enough is enough.

Best wishes from Polk County, where we're still reeling from the loss of D/S Matt Williams less than a year ago.

You're in our prayers. Be safe.

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol
    We are extremely sorry for the tragic loss of Sgt. Reyka. Our thoughts and prayers go to his immediate Family and to his BSO Family. It is a very sad day for all of Law Enforcement. Our heartfelt condolences from the South Miami Police Family.
    "Once Blue-Always Blue"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast