LOOKING FOR INFO? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I am not the administration of ABT, nor do I represent any administrative authority within ABT - However -
    If you applied several years ago and did not hear anything, there really isn't any way to go back and check the status now - you will have to start over. We have never had a entry test that I am aware of. Applicants are given a psych test in Tampa once a conditional offer is made. If you are interested in any state law enforcement employment, you need to start with www.myflorida.com. There is a section on the home page to direct your application process. Look for open positions and apply online.
    Good Luck.

Re: WE CAN ONLY HOPE...

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by guestabt
    Let's hope that things change for the better. This mass exit of good people is getting silly. Except for the ones that need to go, for them it isn't soon enough.
    Are you referring to our lazy agents?
    My understanding is there have been around 42 agents come and go in a one year period. What the hell? That says a lot when individuals come from good agencies and beg to go back, get here and just quit all together or as soon as they get here start applying elsewhere. It seems we have a lot more chiefs these days and too few Indians. You have to go through three bosses just to go to the head. We are so top heavy we are teetering on falling over. It is time for some reorg. I have seen more misappropriated funds and mismanagement then I can stand. Don't forget, you may be an employee but you are also a tax payer. All I wanted was a raise and instead I get a hefty bag uniform, over lit marked cars and a taxable bonus. This is sick!

I think we can thank Charlie and the PBA!!
    What a marriage!!!

What a marriage!!!

The PBA did everything they could from what I understand. Only 2 ABT agents atteded the session, others did volunteer, did you? Of course not, it's so easy to place blame. The govennor, Rubio, and Pruitt are the names you need to place in your blame game. Did you write these three gentlemen and express your anger for not getting a raise? I didn't think so!

I retired 6 months ago and I am looking for a sworn position in Florida. Being retired and returning to the work force is a difficult because I do enjoy the freedom of retired life. I do not like being told what to do, how to do it or when to do it. I do not like being told when to come to work or what days to work. I do not like working after 2:00 pm or before 11:30 am and I do not like working weekend days, Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays. After talking to various sources I was referred to your agency. It is my understnading that you are allowed to work when you chose and most of you work partime 5 to 12 hours per week, usually on Thursdays. This is the type of position that interest me and would like to know if you have any openings near Ocala?

Quote Originally Posted by guest23
    What a marriage!!!

The PBA did everything they could from what I understand. Only 2 ABT agents atteded the session, others did volunteer, did you? Of course not, it's so easy to place blame. The govennor, Rubio, and Pruitt are the names you need to place in your blame game. Did you write these three gentlemen and express your anger for not getting a raise? I didn't think so!
    Call who? Why? That is why we pay PBA our "bargaining unit" to bargain for us.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1079432
    I think every administration has had to deal with the aftermath of decisions made by others. Police package cars are relatively new to ABT. I think the "central office" has gone out of their way to keep us in police type vehicles, when it would be very easy to say we don't need "police cars." I have worn my "fancy go to meetin'" uniform and I must admit I looked good. I posed for many pictures and may even use one for my Christmas card this year. I see some advantages to the uniform.
    I can recall many folks in this agency saying they wanted a special use uniform, and now we have one. The cars have their purpose too, but I agree it may be more and more difficult to do because of the money crunch. I would not be sad if we had to give up the cars and or the uniforms, but it would be sad to loose people, and I think that could always happen. The cars have opened the door for some off duty work we would not have normally had. The fact that we even have take home cars still amazes me, and I certainly appreciate it. There is a whole generation of agents that never experienced the embarassment of driving a Pinto, Fairmont, Citation, Chevette or K car, but they certainly complained about their police package Impala not having carpet. There were times when we shared cars. I remember borrowing a clunker u/c car from a S.O. Yea I know Uncle Buck is living in the past, but sometimes I think we don't really appreciate the benefit of looking back. I for one don't want to go there again.
    This was one of the first posts. A good refresher.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1090192
    My understanding is there have been around 42 agents come and go in a one year period. What the hell? That says a lot when individuals come from good agencies and beg to go back, get here and just quit all together or as soon as they get here start applying elsewhere. It seems we have a lot more chiefs these days and too few Indians. You have to go through three bosses just to go to the head. We are so top heavy we are teetering on falling over. It is time for some reorg. I have seen more misappropriated funds and mismanagement then I can stand. This is sick!
    this is interesting

Unregistered

Work Schedule

Question?

Just curious, do you guys work rotating weekends? or is it like every other state agency. M-F Holidays/weekends off?

Thank you, and I will try to ignore all the very, very, smart veterans who will surely have something smart to say...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Question?

Just curious, do you guys work rotating weekends? or is it like every other state agency. M-F Holidays/weekends off?

Thank you, and I will try to ignore all the very, very, smart veterans who will surely have something smart to say...
    There is no set hours. You work based on type of case you have. Off most holidays.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast