LOOKING FOR INFO? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Off the major holidays. Work the cheesy ones like cinco de mayo and st Patrick’s day but you’ll be working an op of some sort targeting events that day so it may not even be the whole day.

Other than the schedule is 160 hours every /8 days. If you get a case that requires you to work late work late. But most cases can be handled during a typical 9-5. When you hit 160 hours your off until the new pay period kicks in

Unregistered
    Thanks guys... Kinda what I figured...

Unregistered

Fng

160 hours in 8 days? How are you working 20 hours a day?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    160 hours in 8 days? How are you working 20 hours a day?
    No one is working 20 hours a day. The "2" on the laptop is 1007 because of the wing bone fragment wedged in the keyboard.

Unregistered

Fng

Can anyone tell me what raises are like? Do they even exist or are they few and far in between?

Unregistered
    Can anyone tell me what raises are like? Do they even exist or are they few and far in between?
    Raises are infrequent and at the whim of the legislature. Cost of living raises don't exist and merit raises are nothing but a dream. Don't work in state government with the expectation that you are appreciated to the point that raises are part of your future. There has been one really nice raise (10%) in the last decade.

Unregistered

Fng

Issued equipment? Firearms, badges, phones, handcuffs, vehicles, 5.11s anything at all? Any perks to working with AB&T only making $39,400?

Unregistered
    Our cars are pretty awesome and you can’t beat the schedule.

Unregistered
    We have been referred to as "Law Enforcement Lite" and "The Best Kept Secret In Law Enforcement". If you can deal with the fact we aren't "real cops" then it's easier to enjoy. It's the "Tackleberry" types with egos that have problems working here.

I love working here. If I wanted to still run with 75+ open cases I would do that. So I deal with the backstabbing, unloyal coworkers (all of them!), crap supervision, and pi$$ poor senior leadership. I make this place work for me!

Unregistered
    Issued equipment? Firearms, badges, phones, handcuffs, vehicles, 5.11s anything at all? Any perks to working with AB&T only making $39,400?
    I don't know if your questions are real or nothing more than internet trolling. You get everything you need to do this job issued to you. You don't have to supply a single thing. For most agents that 39K salary works out to be 35.00 an hour. The best part time job in the state. I don't punch a clock, I don't wait for the next shift, I don't work midnights, weekends or holidays. I don't answer radio calls, work traffic or domestics. I don't get hassled by my LT to write two tickets an hour and I can go a month without ever sitting foot in the office. LE lite? You bet. I won't have it any other way.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast