Sheriff - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sheriff

I'll Run

I have been a Deputy for many years, I own a 15 year pin. I have worked in several districts from 8, 5, 4, 7 and 10. I have experience as a detective. I have made many arrests, and been involved in enough knock down drag outs to have proven my self. I have been in a pursuit or two, but will tell you they are not the best way to catch a criminal. I have a degree in Public Admin and I served in the military. I believe in teamwork and an equitable promotion process. I believe in serving our community, but not selling our deputies out to the community. I would get the best equipment and green uniforms and explore either a 10 or 12 hour shift. I would cut usless spending and I would wear a uniform and drive a maked unit and even spend time with road patrol on all shifts. I would speak to detectives and visit the detention deputies. Finally, I would look for the talent within our agency to form my command staff.

Vote for me!!!

I will post more later and I will put my name out there in the near future so everyone will know who I am.

Re: Sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy101
    Elect a real sheriff one with integrity.

Some of those are:
    Wiley Thompson
    Albert Lamberti
    John Bukata
    John Auer
    Kevin Tyrie

Outside
    Janet Reno - only if she wasn't so incapacitated from illness
    Jeb Bush - do you think he would try it
    Davie Police Chief - John George

What do you all think? Really, lets talk real candidates. Not this fairy tale, who would you like to see?

SOULEMAN4SHERIFF AND GET RID OF AUER ROGERS AND BUKATA :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Gumby a prime example of the immaturity we face within this society. Although I may have not clarified what I meant in the first post, I did not conduct name calling. In fact I said lets stay away from that.

Please let us unite, Mr. Gumby think about it. Hopefully we can work together. Please look at the last line in my first quote and see what I am trying to say is fact. We need not look at these people if they are only a fairy tale, lets look together for the right person(s). Maybe it is the person(s) who just wrote the last quote stating that they might run. Maybe it is you gumby.

Gumby,

Have you read the first line yet. Let's talk real candidates not fairy tails. So far all of those people on the list were fairy tails not reality. I am only asking for the right names to pop up.

So have you thought of any. I know of a few, but they are all regular deputies or Sergeants. (I personally like Shawn Enser also. He is a straight shooter) I don't think he would run though.

No hard feelings Gumby lets just talk reality and band together as brothers and sisters. Sometimes we have differences but always make up

Gumby a prime example of the immaturity we face within this society. Although I may have not clarified what I meant in the first post, I did not conduct name calling. In fact I said lets stay away from that.

Please let us unite, Mr. Gumby think about it. Hopefully we can work together. Please look at the last line in my first quote and see what I am trying to say is fact. We need not look at these people if they are only a fairy tale, lets look together for the right person(s). Maybe it is the person(s) who just wrote the last quote stating that they might run. Maybe it is you gumby.
    I like your style Deputy 101. If I do decide to run and was very lucky and got elected I might have to promote you for your wisdom. Obviously, I do not know you but I like your style and positive attitude. I may run, but I know it would be a very large mountain to climb in order to win as I'm not a politician, I'm not rich, I only have name racognition within BSO and my neighborhood (Not County Wide). I have my enemies, but I do have a core group of a people who support me and my way of doing this job. I will remain annomyous until I feel the time is right to put my name out there. I want to gauge support here and in the community by putting my platform out there without a name and once the wave of support grows then I will reveal myself. For now I will be known as;
    "A Deputy"
    For Sheriff 2008

Daniel D. Goldberg For Broward Sheriff

It seems like the posts on this site have gotten off point. The only individual that has the dedication and experience to rescue the Broward Sheriff's Office from the brink of destruction is Daniel D. Goldberg. Rather than go into a long recital on Goldberg, please do a Google search on him as well as a search of this very website.

My vote is on Danny G! Please contact Governor Crist at charlie@charliecrist.com to voice your support for Daniel Goldberg as Broward Sheriff.

YOU KNOW, YOU'RE 100% RIGHT ! I DO APOLOGIZE FOR THE NAME CALLING. I'M SORRY. NO, I'M NOT THE DEPUTY THAT WANTS TO RUN FOR SHERIFF. I AM THE DEPUTY THAT THINKS MAJ. LAMBERTI WOULD BE A GOOD CANDIDATE, THAT'S WHY I THOUGHT YOU WERE REALLY SERIOUS. AGAIN, I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE, AND YES, LET'S UNITE. IT STARTS HERE WITH YOU AND ME. THANK YOU FOR THE ENLIGHTMENT DUDE. I'M SORRY. THANKS.

Platform

I want the BSO to go back to being the best Law Enforcement Agency in the South East United States. THat can only start with the men and women of the agency. We have to change it from within.

1. Recuit the best canidates. Prior Military, with some college and athletics in their backgrounds. But whoever they are make sure they are the best of he best. Start our own academy.

2. Increase the Training Division. The best deputies are trained and educated on the newest and best techniques in the industry.

3. Upon my election and swearing in everyone in the agency will be given 12 months to get into shape and begin a healthy lifestyle. After the 12 months there will be a physical profile based on age. If you fail you will be given an additional 6 months to pass. If you do not pass a fitness for duty based on our physical standards will be completed. You will then be put into a mandatory physical fitness program to assit you in passing in the final 6 months. At that point if you do not pass you will be reevaluated for another assignment or ternination. You will be given a physical training routine and 3 hours per week to complete this on duty.

4. Black and white cars or green and white cars with legal tint on the windows.

5. Green uniform shirts. Sgts and above will have the option of wearing green or white. Dress uniforms will be long sleeved white shirts for ceremonys.

6. My name will only be on my cards and personal letter head. Not on every carpet, building, and form. I would create a new logo for the department without my name on it.

7. A promotional process for everyone up to the chief position. There will be testing, accessment center and oral board. I would use outside people to conduct the process to ensure everyone gets fair chance. Finally, I would use a rule of 3. I would also factor personnel jackets, IA files and positions held during a career to award points to the final score to come up wih the best canidates for promotion. This will include the rank of Chief or Captain. Majors and above will still be my selection. When a Chief is needed for a city contract the three top people on the list will be the names they get to choose from. Additionlly, all XO's will be selected by the administration and the district together.

8. Get the right equipment into the deputies hands.

9. I admit I do not know alot about detention, but I will learn and make detention a priority. I will enlist the advice of people I trust who have a background in detention. I would like to hear from our brothers and sisters who work in our jail system.

10. Court Deputies will be increased. There will be armed deputies in every courtroom.

11. I would boost the DUI task force. I would revamp the SRD program and put more responsibility on SRD's.

12. Spending would be looked at and the fat would be cut. We would have a fiduciary responsibility to the citizens of Broward County. I would not cut necessary spending.

13. I would look at which shift style is best for us either 10 or 12 hour. Which causes the least overtime and most coverage.

14. SWAT a full time squad unit that covers all 3 shifts.

15. An opportunity to move around the department from districts, units, and facilities.

Please let me know where else we need to make changes. I want to hear from those in the jobs I may not have the most experience in.

Let's go back to being a great agency!!!

"A Deputy"
    For Sheriff 2008

Elect a real sheriff one with integrity.

Some of those are:
    Wiley Thompson
    Albert Lamberti
    John Bukata
    John Auer
    Kevin Tyrie

Outside
    Janet Reno - only if she wasn't so incapacitated from illness
    Jeb Bush - do you think he would try it
    Davie Police Chief - John George

What do you all think? Really, lets talk real candidates. Not this fairy tale, who would you like to see?
    Mark Wishner is the man for the JOB
    Mark for Sheriff :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sheriff

Reviewing your suggested candidate "evaluation" list, the only logical candidate is Major Al Lamberti. Ask ANYONE seriously in the know in South Florida Law Enforcement and they will tell you exactly the same. I am right in the middle of the discussion, have spoken to many who are "in the know" and consensus is that Lamberti clearly has the best shot. Consensus is that he has unquestionably the most on site management experience at the ageny, at all levels, his integrity in the LE community state-wide and in the community at large is well known, proven and unquestionable, and maybe most importantly, he is hated and feared by the current top command, i.e. Jenne, Auer, all of Auer's lakey's etc. He was also feared, and passed over for a Col. promotion many times by Brennan and Carney and now John Auer, all who, when together running the agency for Jenne feared not only Lamberti's popularity, trust and reputation among the troops, both sworn and civilian, but primarilly his strong connection with every citizen he has touched in every district and Broward City he has commanded during his long BSO career. Remember this is politics here. It should be pure law enforcement but it is unfortunately and disgracefully not. Thios all translates into votes. remember, it is ann elected position, and a vicious campaighn is forthcoming.

It is well known that Lamberti has the the experience dealing with multiple Broward City management over the years and all the political sensivities needed to deal with the Broward City Commission He is no doubt one of the very few LE people in South Florida and undoubetdly the only current sitting BSO man who does. The Governor knows all of this and so do all the other "candidates" whose names have been thrown into the ring, from Butterworth to Navarro, to Parish to Cacciatorre (please!), to Skip Campbell, and now Lou Granteed (Hollywood PD asst acief....also PLEASE!!) probably even Jesus Christ himself before it's all said and done after jenne is out. Charlie Christ has a very short list and Al Lamberti is right there at the top. Take it to the bank. Will it happen when the axe finally falls on Jenne? Who knows. Remember it is Tammany Hall BROWARD and Lamberti is on the other side of the current power political spectrum. Will Charlie cave in and put in another politico??.....doubtful. But, then again, politics is politics and Broward is the slime bucket of them all. Stay tuned!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast