In Disbelief - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In Disbelief

Quote Originally Posted by Facts
    State all the facts and let people make their own decisions. Leaving out facts in an attempt to stir up sh-t, I know, is how things are done here but its juvenile. The mere possession of an AK is no longer criminal. Any 18 year-old can purchase one legally. Second, could you determine who had constructive possession of the weapon? In NY you can charge everyone in the vehicle. Here we cannot. We have to be able to prove who had C.P. of the weapon. And how do you know they were going to shoot somebody? And better yet, how can you prove that you knew? Great job. You stopped somebody with a gun. Should Homicide or the ASA put their jobs on the line by making an arrest that is not consistent with the law? I don't think so. For all of the people here that whine about making shaky arrests every day now you seem to be on the other side of the fence.
    The facts I got are from the Sgt on the scene assisting with the arrest and yes it's true you can have the so called high power rifle in the car due to the gun ban being lifted on this. Who in there right mind drives around with 4 people in the car and an AK-47 between them. Yes we have the right to bare arms but with the info given we can't prove intent and the 4 males invoked their rights. I am just in disbelief that if a murder HADoccurred where would we be. The info I got was that there was a fight between 2 individuals and they came to shoot everyone up. Prove the intent? Well one excuse is that I wanted to have my AK get some air.

Ridiculous!

The mere possession of an AK is no longer criminal. Any 18 year-old can purchase one legally. We have to be able to prove who had C.P. of the weapon.
    And where are you getting this info from? So now you are telling me that they can ride around with a AK in there car as long as they have a C.P.!!!!

YOU CHILDREN STILL DONT GET IT! LET THEM CARRY AND GO WHEREVER THE DARN THEY WISH,JUST STAY CLEAR FROM THEIR MADNESS AND THEN PICK UP THE PIECES!!
    BELIEVE IT OR NOT,THATS WHAT THE SYSYTEM HAS WARNED YOU TO DO OR YOU WILL BE 39ED OR SUFFER HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE FROM THE B.S.
    DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL.WE KNOW THAT IF ALLOWED,U WOULD ALL BE GOOD COPS SO,SERVICE WITH A SMILE!
    COME ON G,SAY IT WITH ME,SERVICE WITH SMILE. THERE,DONT U FEEL BETTER NOW??

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    The mere possession of an AK is no longer criminal. Any 18 year-old can purchase one legally. We have to be able to prove who had C.P. of the weapon.
    And where are you getting this info from? So now you are telling me that they can ride around with a AK in there car as long as they have a C.P.!!!!
    It comes from the state and law. Who are you going to charge?
    Based on what? Without statements how do you prove who has
    C.P.?

Quote Originally Posted by Service with smile
    YOU CHILDREN STILL DONT GET IT! LET THEM CARRY AND GO WHEREVER THE DARN THEY WISH,JUST STAY CLEAR FROM THEIR MADNESS AND THEN PICK UP THE PIECES!!
    BELIEVE IT OR NOT,THATS WHAT THE SYSYTEM HAS WARNED YOU TO DO OR YOU WILL BE 39ED OR SUFFER HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE FROM THE B.S.
    DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL.WE KNOW THAT IF ALLOWED,U WOULD ALL BE GOOD COPS SO,SERVICE WITH A SMILE!
    COME ON G,SAY IT WITH ME,SERVICE WITH SMILE. THERE,DONT U FEEL BETTER NOW??
    that's the way I see it!

please

Since when do you check with the SAO office or homicide for a CCF arrest ? Why didnt these officers and sergeant make a decision on who to arrest. if they had pc they should have made the arrest. If homicide was asked to respond but didnt, they are wrong unless they were handling something else more pressing.. Who were they, what were their unit numbers. Did anyone notify SIS of the arrests? If so did they fail to respond? If no one responded did the information get delivered to homicide, were pictures taken. Dont point the fingers at homicide, sao, etc. this was a simple patrol arrest. Who was the sergeant that would take no for an answer if he requested someone respond but they failed to come?

Of course this post is like all the others here. based on third hand information, no facts, rumors and BS. If anyone directly involved is willy to come on and say what happened that would be great. Other wise we just assume what happened and we all know ASSUME only makes an ass of u and me

T-Rex, you're an idiot! CCF? Did he have the AK in his pocket? Between the seat and the console, maybe? Good thing we have folks like that ASA to keep morons like you under control. Maybe you should apply for a job with the Gestapo.

Look A-HOLE I said CCF due to where the rifle was placed. It was possibly under a blanket of some sorts, I am not sure. So genius that would include CCF. I am just amazed that we could go any further than what we got. It's an opinion! Leave it alone what's done is done!

Possibly under a blanket of some sorts?

I'm not sure?

You stupid motherf*cker! Since you have no inkling of the facts and obviously don't know the law either, you should keep your stupid opinion to yourself.

Rookie Question

[quote=Anonymous]
    State all the facts and let people make their own decisions. Leaving out facts in an attempt to stir up sh-t, I know, is how things are done here but its juvenile. The mere possession of an AK is no longer criminal. Any 18 year-old can purchase one legally. Second, could you determine who had constructive possession of the weapon? In NY you can charge everyone in the vehicle. Here we cannot. We have to be able to prove who had C.P. of the weapon. And how do you know they were going to shoot somebody? And better yet, how can you prove that you knew? Great job. You stopped somebody with a gun. Should Homicide or the ASA put their jobs on the line by making an arrest that is not consistent with the law? I don't think so. For all of the people here that whine about making shaky arrests every day now you seem to be on the other side of the fence.[/quote
    I am new to the department how do u check a ak 47 to see if it automatic without firing. 2nd question what was the ending charge if is loitering and prowling can you make an arrest wile subject's are driving a vehicle. I never heard of that can some one explain thanks

Anyone field test the AK's to see if they were fully automatic? There IS a way to do so without firing a round.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast