FL Leo

Thread: FL Leo

FL Leo

Hi there,

I've been on the job in FL and I'm looking at relocating to South Carolina. I'd be interested in staying near the coast if at all possible and preferably with a sheriff's department. How's the quality of life in SC? If someone could suggest some agencies to look at I'd appreciate it. Stay safe everyone.

Thanks

Spent nearly 4 years there. No money, no job security, not much opportunity if you ain't a good old boy. Lots of nice blond Southern gal's to scrog but not much else. Cars still cost the same but you make half the money, if that. Make 100k+ base here in 2007, made 21k base there in the early 1990s. My choice was to work here in FL and retire there after 20 here. If you never do your time, you'll never retire.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere
    Spent nearly 4 years there. No money, no job security, not much opportunity if you ain't a good old boy. Lots of nice blond Southern gal's to scrog but not much else. Cars still cost the same but you make half the money, if that. Make 100k+ base here in 2007, made 21k base there in the early 1990s. My choice was to work here in FL and retire there after 20 here. If you never do your time, you'll never retire.
    I was looking and it looks like the only department that even gives a $40K base or higher for laterals is Charleston. Now I see you that you made $100K base in FL in 2007! What agency do you work for??? I want in...hahaha I think you might be right, work in another state, make more and get a better pension and then retire to SC. It's too bad that the pay is so low there.

Guess that would explain the Trooper pulling me over in SC and issuing me a criminal citation for have my FOP emblem on my tag charging me with an obstructed license plate....thank god the judge in that county did not share the Trooper's sentiments and dismissed the ticket with out me having to drive back up there.