Sheriff's Election

Sheriff's Election

I'm new to the area and I would like your opinion as deputies as to who you think would make the best Sheriff in next years election. I have read some local papers and have seen several candidates listed as of now. Are you intending on backing the present Sheriff, or back another candidate? I realize that I am only one vote, but I would like to support the candidate that you choose as I feel you are the ones most qualified to give me this information. I feel the position of Sheriff is very important to a county, and don't wish to make a bad choice! Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I work for the Walton County Sheriff's Office, but I live in an adjacent county, therfore, I'm not eligible to vote for the next Sheriff. Hwoever, if I were eligible I'd probably vote for the current Walton County Finance Director (can't remember his name), and retired FBI agent. I, too have read the candidates views and I think his views are more closely aligned with my own on how this department can get better in the future by more efficiently using manpower, resources and technology.

I'm not saying I think the current sheriff is a bad choice, but its very public knowledge that he and the Walton County Board of Commisioners have a bad working relationship. And, I can't help, but to believe that some fallout from their relationship filters down into the department, either through funding or the lack there of, for more deputies, equipment, etc.

There you have it. My opinion, which is just that, I can't vote in Walton County, but you can. Therefore, I suggest you continue looking at all the candidates and base your vote on the person that you feel will do the best job of providing the service, security and support that you expect or want as a citizen.

PPP