CONTRACT UPDATE - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CONTRACT UPDATE

Member LEO Affairs Detective
    It seems like alot of people agree that we can't eat "Stand Strong". We can't take "Stand Strong" to the bank and cash it. "Stand Strong" won't answer calls with us or back us up on the street. Cops are problem solvers. We are not accustomed to waiting for problems to be solved for us. We are men and women of action.

Talk, talk, talk...that's all I ever hear.

I KNOW THAT ONE OF OUR REPS WAS APPOINTED BY KACH BECAUSE THEY ARE FRIENDS. I KNOW HE RARELY ASSISTS IN ANYTHING BUT THIS SHOULDNT BE A SUPRISE TO ANYONE WHO HAS WORKED WITH HIM EITHER ON PATROL OR IN CID. ONE OF THE PREVIOUS REPS HAD A CONFLICT OF INTEREST DUE TO A SIGNIFICANT OTHER BEING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCE.

ITS TIME FOR SOME NEW REPS. I AGREE WITH THE PREVIOUS POST THAT WE NEED SOMEONE LEADING US THAT HAS SOME EXPERIENCE IN CONTRACTS.
    WHO IS JIM DIAMOND? OH HE SHOWED HIS FACE ONCE DIDNT HE..
    THE LAST DIAMOND I KNEW USED THE CITY TOO.....
    JUST FYI: THE CITY HAS BASICALLY SLAPPED THE UNION IN THE FACE AND TOLD THEM TO QUIT COMING TO THE TABLE WITH A 25 AND OUT... STANDBY FOR THE NEXT "STAND STRONG" EMAIL.

so let me get this straight....

Reps are appointed not elected?
    Is there a term for a rep?
    Are there any qualifications that must be met to be a rep?

standing strong and confused!

Holy crap..... You know what we outta do? Let's get rid of that worthless union and go back to the way things were before. I know I liked being treated the same as a guy from Parks and Rec that weed eats the swan cages. Heck, we all know the city will look out for us and has our best interests at heart. I think we should be thankful, we may have to work until we're 62 and what a privilege it is. And I'm tired of this group that's trying to get things for us. Who do they think they are?

In the event the point of the previous paragraph escapes anyone, yes, it is sarcasm. Of course the city's laughing at us, look at the way we're fighting with each other. The union is dealing with a city that's used to having things it's own way and puts little importance on the employee. We're all expendable and replaceable to them. Getting tired of the same d@mn bit$#ing post after post.

SOLUTION

Yeah the city is stringing us along and acting like we are a bunch of morons....they have no intention of negotiating with us..........we come come to the table as a poodle in front of Dobermans and Rottweilers...........what do we have to offer as collateral for their inaction???? Impasse?.......YEAH.......EXACTLY..........NOTHING !!!

I recalled an interesting fact the other day....Did you know that if you or say an entire shift or department called in sick it is actually illegal for a supervisor to ask you what type of illness plagues you according to the beautiful HIPPA law? Imagine the anarchy in the city should an entire police force for ONE day fall to illness. Of course we'd all be paid for our shift through the sick leave we have accumulated and never used........Wonder how that would hit city hall....beeeeep....beeeep.......beeeep...... loyal supervisor...10-76......(21-R IP) (24-B IP) (56 IP)......no units 10-8........churp churp churp.....(hear them crickets?) "Lakeland......request PCSO assistance.......... My house, property, and cars are secure...........I'm sorry did you need me for something.....cough....cough....sorry............. ....I've got anal glaucoma.......I don't see my ass coming to work.

Now that bring a new meaning to "STAND STRONG" doesn't it my brothers?

THE ADMINISTRATION WOULD JUST GRAB THE THREE PSA'S ON DUTY AND SEND THEM TO ALL OF THE CALLS......UNARMED.....W/NO BACK-UP :x .

Where's the support?

Having been a member of this department for nearly 18 years I have seen the good side and the bad side of this department.

And not being a regular contributor to this forum I thought I'd make a visit after hearing some appalling comments about OUR UNION.

Seeing some of the posts here I am wondering what side are some of you on? Granted our PBA isn't perfect, but I think you people have some views which are totally off base. The PBA is no genie in a bottle in which you uncork it and all that you wish is granted. Get real!

The PBA is working hard to ensure that we all get a fair shake in every aspect of our job. I would have to guess that those of you who make these disparaging comments are 1. Not involved directly by attending meetings, functions, etc and solely rely on rumor and gossip for your opinion. 2. Don't really know the true issues. 3. Don't really know the true character of your reps.

I, for one, can vouch for the reputations of each rep member. I have known them for a long time and have worked with each member in a variety of capacities. I also find it sad that you would air these issues in such a forum. Do you not think that the administration and the rest of the city doesn't hear about this? I can only imagine the people like Delgado and the rest of the bunch sitting around and laughing at how this is being handled by some of the membership. It only fuels the notion that we are not a UNION.

I would submit that those of you who write this crap about OUR UNION should either stop your union membership or step up and do better. I would wager to say that you won't do either because you are just all talk.

Sadly your efforts only hurt the rest of us. If you care to confront me about this face to face I am sure you can figure out who I am....EM @ CIS. I wonder if you'll be so brave instead of hiding behind your keyboard.

Member LEO Affairs Detective
    Yeah, we know who you are. No one is afraid to confront you, its just that no one likes you. You, with your reputation, shouldn't be vouching for anyone. It just damages their reputation.

Like him or not, reputation or not, he's right.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast