160 hour cycle MUST GO! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hey "no offense"
    I took no offense to your comments. I am somewhat suprised, however. ABT has lost many good agents to DLE. I would say all have done quite well with DLE. We will always lose agents to other agencies able to pay more. DLE is able to attract a "better" quality applicant because of the money difference. I would say a degree doesn't necessarily make a better agent/officer, but it does give an applicant four years to grow and mature. I have carried a badge for thirty years, have a couple degrees and many friends with DLE - who knows, you may be one of them. WE all share the same problems, and I can say that law enforcement folks are never adequately compensated for the work they do.

said

Well said, I agree. We're all in the same boat. Let't just try to get the people who make the decisions to see it that way. Stay Safe.

I'm one of those agents that started out as an analyst and you won't hear many complaints here. As with any job, it has it's ups and downs but I think I have the best job in law enforcement. The money I make is just fine with me and while I would welcome a 40 hour work week, Garcia isn't really a problem in my office (one of them north of Tampa). Overtime is pretty much unlimited here, so long as it's reimbursed. I do miss the step-plan but have mixed emotions on it. I am one of those that believes that raises should not be automatic, but earned. That's the problem with step-plans; those that deserve raises get them but so do a lot of dead wood that don't even come close to earning it. But I guess there is no perfect system. I do sometimes fantasize though about what I would be making had they not taken the step plan. I've been an agent for going on 20 years and only got 1 or 2.

Also, I highly doubt that there are any patrol deputies/officers that make what I make in my area. To equal my salary around here you'd have to be a long-time Lt. or a Captain. Maybe in Miami they might, but I'll take my salary not to have to live and raise a family in that hellhole any day.

Just my random 2 cents worth.

Re: Head

Quote Originally Posted by D@#$
    First off I probably have more experience than you. You may need to take an anger management class buddy! I was refering to the high standards that FDLE wants, but is not paying for it. I know a lot of officers who want to come work here with a ton of experience, but do not have a 4 year degree. I was a patrol officer for years, so don't go there. like I do not know what it's like! You are obviously hostile and unhappy.
    What are you complaining about? At least you are making more than an ABT agent, please do not say it is because your are superior. I have a degree and almost 10 years as a cop. We work 160 hours a month, with no overtime, if there is a time when you go over 160 hours, you have to take FLSA comp time and it must be used by the middle and the end of the year.

Simple solution would be, if you are not happy, go work somewhere else. You have it better than most, maybe not as good as some.

For the record I think 160 hours sucks !!!

new guy

Hey ABT new guy stick to your own message board. We really don't care about your opinion.

That is a good professional attitude. It is obvious from your comment you are not FDLE either. Try and remember this - It is better to let people think you are a fool then to open your mouth and relieve all doubt. I can't take credit for the saying but it certainly applies here.

Re: new guy

Quote Originally Posted by guest21
    Hey ABT new guy stick to your own message board. We really don't care about your opinion.
    Wow, way to go Stupid ! You wonder why people think FDLE is antiquated? Answers like that, he was just pointing out that FDLE is not the only agency in the state that works 160 hour pay period a month. He was probably reading our board because he wants to join FDLE and was looking for answers. I swear some people shouldn't be cops...

Attitude

Its amazing how the anonymity of a message board can degenerate a useful forum into a worthless cesspool.

FDLE Agents: protect your message board. Ours has gone to the toilet. I would advise you to go to the ABT board and look at how childish and foolish it has become. It has degenerated into a forum for sniping, backstabbing, bashing, and belittling anyone for anything.

Please don't let yours get that way. Every agency has its ups and downs while many have more of one than the other; but some of us still look to FDLE as a model agency.

You guys are sooo right: "Some people just shouldn't be cops..."

160 hour work cycle

Can someone please clarify the 160 hour work cycle for me? Are you paid bi-monthly (like the 1st and 15th), every 2 weeks, monthly etc? I appreciate any input.

pay dates on 160

We are paid every two weeks, which means twice a year there are three pay dates in a month.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast