Lap Tops-GPS - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lap Tops-GPS

[quote=Promises Promises]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Because I know":1smxoctu
    Well since I'm on the board, we are not going with fire rescue cad system, it was created by one of our Sergeants. Fire rescue has not had any problems with their system. The map being used currently wasn't user friendly so Map point was the agreed upon system. It's compatible with the computer GPS. Map point is upgraded every year, I don't know where you got your information. Our computers are Panasonics, sorry to disappoint you it's a better computer. Just be happy, beggars can't be choosers. I would be happy with a dell at this point. The system is amazing. Coming from a city PD with great technology I didn't think it was possible to top it. PBSO will with their new system.
    I find it very hard to believe that you're on the board and this is the information your giving. Obviously, you are someone that was picked to sit on the board that has no working knowlegde of computers (very typical). If you were on the board you would know that we are going with the same CAD vendor as Fire Rescue, which is Intergraph, but maybe you were on a "late" call when that was decided.

Your right about the current map system not being "user friendly", but that wouldn't be a problem if the department had done what they promised several years ago and TRAINED people. You're correct with saying that Map Point is updated once a year, however, the current map is updated EVERY DAY. To me that sounds like a better deal, when this county is growing SO fast.

As far as the laptops go, I'm ok with Panasonics, was just confused because some of the testers were testing ITronics and thought they were great.[/quote:1smxoctu]

We are not going with the same CAD system as Fire Rescue. Call and find out for yourself. It’s similar but our is improved and better than fire rescue

Map point is still 100X better than the other mapping system and the map Fire Rescue uses will be there, as an option should the other map be outdated.

Panasonics are a better-built computer. They withstand the heat better as the itronix had overheating problems. The itronix was more water resistance, however the Panasonic didn’t do too bad. Overall with the bigger screen, the Panasonic was the way to go.

What happened to Tandy? I thought that was the number 1 supporter and provider for computer systems or have I been out of the loop for too long? Just a thought that it would help with budget cuts, they are cheaper and pretty reliable from what I remember. This other stuff is a foreign language to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired too long???
    What happened to Tandy? I thought that was the number 1 supporter and provider for computer systems or have I been out of the loop for too long? Just a thought that it would help with budget cuts, they are cheaper and pretty reliable from what I remember. This other stuff is a foreign language to me.
    Please stay retired

Ladies and gentlemen, plain and simple........if you are not doing anything wrong, you won't get in trouble.

Why worry about the GPS? Why worry about cameras in cars? This technology is great and should have been in our cars years ago. It is about time we finally got a Sheriff who has made this happen. We no longer have to listen to the bull about why it was taking so long. PBSO is the greatest law enforcement agency around, bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Ladies and gentlemen, plain and simple........if you are not doing anything wrong, you won't get in trouble.

Why worry about the GPS? Why worry about cameras in cars? This technology is great and should have been in our cars years ago. It is about time we finally got a Sheriff who has made this happen. We no longer have to listen to the bull about why it was taking so long. PBSO is the greatest law enforcement agency around, bar none.
    So true. Good post

Accountability

Deputies should be issued a wristwatch that allows commo to know where they are outside the vehicle and off duty. We should be able to locate every deputy 24-7 and their cell phones should be tapped so we can determine what and who they're talking about. It's about time the gossiping and speeding and cell phone talking and smoking and resting got reeled in. Who cares about about thumb scanners and tint meters or drug dogs ? What does that have to do with fighting crime ? Anybody can see the benefits of continuous monitoring of deputies, it's alot easier than catching criminals who are also monitored with ankle transmitters so now we have more in common so we should get along better. The lap tops will fix the real problem...deputies who don't get it done. This will be the biggest motivational tool since Amway tapes changed to compact discs.

Re: Lap Tops-GPS

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123