BSO BRASS WORRIED ABOUT THESE POSTS - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: caps

Quote Originally Posted by blahhh
    Quote Originally Posted by SISTA
    I HAVE READ ALMOST ALL THE BLOGS. I AGREE/DISAGREE WITH SOME. I READ THE GUYS THAT THINK OR KNOW SOME OF THE BLOGS ARE LIES. THEN SOME OF THEM ARE NOT. I READ ABOUT THE GUYS CALLED COWARDS AND NOT SIGNING THEIR NAMES TO THEM. I DID COME TO SOME CONCLUSION, AND CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG. THERE IS NO PLACE TO GO AND VENT.... WE PROBABLY DON'T WANT TO VENT WITH OUR FAMILIES, AND SOME OF THE GUYS AS YOU PUT IT, CAN'T BE TRUSTED. YOU CAN TRUST THE PSYCH SERVICES. ALL IN ALL, IF THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO VENT AND FEEL BETTER, THEN SO BE IT. MAYBE SOME OF THE BLOGS ARE RIGHT, IF THERE WAS BETTER MANAGEMENT, I KNOW SOME OF YOU GUYS WOULD DO FLIPS AT WORK TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT, KNOWING SOMEONE IN THE BRASS WOULD APPRECIATE IT. MY BROTHER WORKS FOR BSO, AND I SEE HIS FRUSTRATION SOMETIMES. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THE PLACE WHERE YOU WORK, AND HOW THEY TREAT YOU. YEAH, SOME ARE GOLDEN, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ONES THAT ARE NOT, AND STILL WORKING HARD AT THEIR JOBS? I STAND UP TO YOU GUYS, AND GIVE YOU LOTS OF CREDIT FOR STILL BEING THERE. SO IF YOU MUST, GO AHEAD, AND TALK WITH THE SISTA, I'LL BE HERE TO HEAR YOU. TAKE CARE GUYS, AND WATCH YOUR BACKS. :wink:
    Who are you yelling at? TURN off the caps.

l8r
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT GAVE YOU THE IMPRESSION I WAS YELLING. I'M JUST STATING WHAT I FEEL FROM READING YOUR BLOGS. I HAPPEN TO BE LEGALLY BLIND IN MY DOMINANT EYE, THEREFORE, IT'S VERY HARD FOR ME TO READ OR READ WHAT I TYPE IN SMALL LETTERS. SORRY THAT INSULTED YOUR INTELLIGENCE. YOU MUST BE PERFECT. BE SAFE.

Quote Originally Posted by professional ?
    Sorry to burst your BUBBLE. BUT police work is not a TRUE profession. If it were all of us would have to have college degrees. Just like all the other white collar professional jobs out there. Engineers, doctors, lawyers, are all paid based on their education. That is a profession. My uncle was a patent engineer in Washington.. He had a BA and was passed over for promotions by others with a MA degree. IF we were a profession our pay would reflect that too. In short, beleive what ya want, BUT until the pay increases, and the job demands we all be college educated, sorry, it is not a profession.
    Your post wreaks of elitism nonsense and I doubt very seriously you are a police officer or deputy.

The American Heritage Dictionary defines "Profession":

1. An occupation or career: "One of the highest compliments a child can pay a parent is to choose his or her profession" (Joan Nathan).
    2. An occupation, such as law, medicine, or engineering, that requires considerable training and specialized study.
    3. The body of qualified persons in an occupation or field: members of the teaching profession.

I don't know about you but I've always maxed my reading comprehension scores and no part of that definition excludes law enforcement as a profession.

A "true profession" is nothing but your opinion and you won't find it defined in the dictionary.

Re: BSO BRASS WORRIED ABOUT THESE POSTS

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN FLANNERY
    BSO Brass are very concerned about this web site and your freedom of expression. A special project has been initiated by IT to try and identify each of you through your IP address, who place a post on this site. They are even considering eliminating BSO from leoaffairs.com web site. This is a perfect example of individuals who want to take away your freedom of expression, which is protected by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. This is totalitarism at its worse and, if this occurs, all of us should consider filing a lawsuit against all of those responsible for violation of our Fisrt Amendment rights.
    Yes the right to free speech is in the constitution. But you are responsible for your words. If you are sued for what you say, they have to honor the court's order for your IP address. Slander,libel, etc etc. can be said, but you do have to answer in court if so required. Also in a criminal case, there is not keeping your IP address unknown. What criminal? threats of violence on the net are federal felonies, and conspiricy is always a felony regardless if the crime is a felony or not. What might be considered that? all the yahoos who encourage cops to call in sick or do a work slow down. You do have the right to say as you wish, but you are responsible for what you say. Not trying to cramp your words, just point out the fact that free speech only protects you so far. Slander or libel someone and they can get ur ID and sue you. If the bosses want your IP address because you express the wish for a new sheriff, they have to go pound sand. And LEO has stopped those before.

Re: BSO BRASS WORRIED ABOUT THESE POSTS

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHN FLANNERY
    BSO Brass are very concerned about this web site and your freedom of expression. A special project has been initiated by IT to try and identify each of you through your IP address, who place a post on this site. They are even considering eliminating BSO from leoaffairs.com web site. This is a perfect example of individuals who want to take away your freedom of expression, which is protected by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. This is totalitarism at its worse and, if this occurs, all of us should consider filing a lawsuit against all of those responsible for violation of our Fisrt Amendment rights.
    Yes the right to free speech is in the constitution. But you are responsible for your words. If you are sued for what you say, they have to honor the court's order for your IP address. Slander,libel, etc etc. can be said, but you do have to answer in court if so required. Also in a criminal case, there is not keeping your IP address unknown. What criminal? threats of violence on the net are federal felonies, and conspiricy is always a felony regardless if the crime is a felony or not. What might be considered that? all the yahoos who encourage cops to call in sick or do a work slow down. You do have the right to say as you wish, but you are responsible for what you say. Not trying to cramp your words, just point out the fact that free speech only protects you so far. Slander or libel someone and they can get ur ID and sue you. If the bosses want your IP address because you express the wish for a new sheriff, they have to go pound sand. And LEO has stopped those before.
    You make some good arguments, but let's go a little farther. Let's say someone does sue or their is an criminal investigation and an IP address is obtained, after a lengthy court battle. Then their is another lengthy court battle with the ISP to divulge the registered user of that IP address.

Now comes the really really hard part. Prove to the Jury, EXACTLY WHO was sitting on the other side of the computer typing on the keyboard.

Not that easy....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123