Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

needy one

Monday, July 23, 2007
    First: Exodus 14:5-18
    Psalm: Exodus 15:1-6
    Second:
    Gospel: Matthew 12:38-42

Reflect:
    Signs can be tricky things. We can either live by signs or live for them. Jesus strictly reminds us that living to see signs doesn’t help us in life. Rather, we should live by them. That means, if I see a stop sign, or an exit that I need to take, then I should follow that sign. If however, I just look for the signs and not follow it, then what’s the point? In our faith we like to tempt God to prove His love for us. The sign of the Cross stands before us. We can either look on it and not change our life, or we could live by that sign

IHS

First: Exodus 14:21 -- 15:1
    Psalm: Exodus 15:8-10, 12, 17
    Second:
    Gospel: Matthew 12:46-50

Reflect:
    Some of our non-Catholic brothers and sisters think that Jesus was rejecting his mother. On the contrary, Jesus was showing an example of who a true believer is: Someone who truly hears God’s word and lives by it. To interpret this Gospel passage as anything other than a loving way of show the discipleship of Mary would be to consider Jesus being rude to His Mother. Jesus’ words do not exclude anyone from being part of His family. In fact, it does the very opposite. Those who hear God’s word and follow it are truly His brother and sister. We have a wonderful family that awaits us in heaven called the communion of saints. Jesus is inviting us to be part of that family.

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

[11.1] Alif Lam Ra (This is) a Book, whose verses are made decisive, then are they made plain, from the Wise, All-aware:
    [11.2] That you shall not serve (any) but Allah; surely I am a warner for you from Him and a giver of good news,
    [11.3] And you that ask forgiveness of your Lord, then turn to Him; He will provide you with a goodly provision to an appointed term and bestow His grace on every one endowed with grace, and if you turn back, then surely I fear for you the chastisement of a great day.
    [11.4] To Allah is your return, and He has power over all things.
    [11.5] Now surely they fold up their breasts that they may conceal (their enmity) from Him; now surely, when they use their garments as a covering, He knows what they conceal and what they make public; surely He knows what is in the breasts.
    [11.6] And there is no animal in the earth but on Allah is the sustenance of it, and He knows its resting place and its depository all (things) are in a manifest book.
    [11.7] And He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six periods-- and His dominion (extends) on the water-- that He might manifest to you, which of you is best in action, and if you say, surely you shall be raised up after death, those who disbelieve would certainly say: This is nothing but clear magic.
    [11.8] And if We hold back from them the punishment until a stated period of time, they will certainly say: What prevents it? Now surely on the day when it will come to them, it shall not be averted from them and that which they scoffed at shall beset them.
    [11.9] And if We make man taste mercy from Us, then take it off from him, most surely he is despairing, ungrateful.
    [11.10] And if We make him taste a favor after distress has afflicted him, he will certainly say: The evils are gone away from me. Most surely he is exulting, boasting;
    [11.11] Except those who are patient and do good, they shall have forgiveness and a great reward.
    [11.12] Then, it may be that you will give up part of what is revealed to you and your breast will become straitened by it because they say: Why has not a treasure been sent down upon him or an angel come with him? You are only a warner; and Allah is custodian over all things.
    [11.13] Or, do they say: He has forged it. Say: Then bring ten forged chapters like it and call upon whom you can besides Allah, if you are truthful.
    [11.14] But if they do not answer you, then know that it is revealed by Allah's knowledge and that there is no god but He; will you then submit?
    [11.15] Whoever desires this world's life and its finery, We will pay them in full their deeds therein, and they shall not be made to. suffer loss in respect of them.
    [11.16] These are they for whom there is nothing but fire in the hereafter, and what they wrought in it shall go for nothing, and vain is what they do.
    [11.17] Is he then who has with him clear proof from his Lord, and a witness from Him recites it and before it (is) the Book of Musa, a guide and a mercy? These believe in it; and whoever of the (different) parties disbelieves in it, surely it is the truth from your Lord, but most men do not believe.
    [11.18] And who is more unjust than he who forges a lie against Allah? These shall be brought before their Lord, and the witnesses shall say: These are they who lied against their Lord. Now surely the curse of Allah is on the unjust.
    [11.19] Who turn away from the path of Allah and desire to make it crooked; and they are disbelievers in the hereafter.
    [11.20] These shall not escape in the earth, nor shall they have any guardians besides Allah; the punishment shall be doubled for them, they could not bear to hear and they did not see.
    [11.21] These are they who have lost their souls, and what they forged is gone from them.
    [11.22] Truly in the hereafter they are the greatest losers.
    [11.23] Surely (as to) those who believe and do good and humble themselves to their Lord, these are the dwellers of the garden, in it they will abide.
    [11.24] The likeness of the two parties is as the blind and the deaf and the seeing and the hearing: are they equal in condition? Will you not then mind?
    [11.25] And certainly We sent Nuh to his people: Surely I am a plain warner for you:
    [11.26] That you shall not serve any but Allah, surely I fear for you the punishment of a painful day.
    [11.27] But the chiefs of those who disbelieved from among his people said: We do not consider you but a mortal like ourselves, and we do not see any have followed you but those who are the meanest of us at first thought and we do not see in you any excellence over us; nay, we deem you liars.
    [11.28] He said: O my people! tell me if I have with me clear proof from my Lord, and He has granted me mercy from Himself and it has been made obscure to you; shall we constrain you to (accept) it while you are averse from it?
    [11.29] And, O my people! I ask you not for wealth in return for it; my reward is only with Allah and I am not going to drive away those who believe; surely they shall meet their Lord, but I consider you a people who are ignorant:
    [11.30] And, O my people! who will help me against Allah if I drive them away? Will you not then mind?
    [11.31] And I do not say to you that I have the treasures of Allah and I do not know the unseen, nor do I say that I am an angel, nor do I say about those whom your eyes hold in mean estimation (that) Allah will never grant them (any) good-- Allah knows best what is in their souls-- for then most surely I should be of the unjust.
    [11.32] They said: O Nuh! indeed you have disputed with us and lengthened dispute with us, therefore bring to us what you threaten us with, if you are of the truthful ones.
    [11.33] He said: Allah only will bring it to you if He please, and you will not escape:
    [11.34] And if I intend to give you good advice, my advice will not profit you if Allah intended that He should leave you to go astray; He is your Lord, and to Him shall you be returned.
    [11.35] Or do they say: He has forged it? Say: If I have forged it, on me is my guilt, and I am clear of that of which you are guilty.
    [11.36] And it was revealed to Nuh: That none of your people will believe except those who have already believed, therefore do not grieve at what they do:
    [11.37] And make the ark before Our eyes and (according to) Our revelation, and do not speak to Me in respect of those who are unjust; surely they shall be drowned.
    [11.38] And he began to make the ark; and whenever the chiefs from among his people passed by him they laughed at him. He said: If you laugh at us, surely we too laugh at you as you laugh (at us).
    [11.39] So shall you know who it is on whom will come a chastisement which will disgrace him, and on whom will lasting chastisement come down.
    [11.40] Until when Our command came and water came forth from the valley, We said: Carry in it two of all things, a pair, and your own family-- except those against whom the word has already gone forth, and those who believe. And there believed not with him but a few.
    [11.41] And he said: Embark in it, in the name of Allah be its sailing and its anchoring; most surely my Lord is Forgiving, Merciful.
    [11.42] And it moved on with them amid waves like mountains; and Nuh called out to his son, and he was aloof: O my son! embark with us and be not with the unbelievers.
    [11.43] He said: I will betake myself for refuge to a mountain that shall protect me from the water. Nuh said: There is no protector today from Allah's punishment but He Who has mercy; and a wave intervened between them, so he was of the drowned.
    [11.44] And it was said: O earth, swallow down your water, and O cloud, clear away; and the water was made to abate and the affair was decided, and the ark rested on the Judi, and it was said: Away with the unjust people.
    [11.45] And Nuh cried out to his Lord and said: My Lord! surely my son is of my family, and Thy promise is surely true, and Thou art the most just of the judges.
    [11.46] He said: O Nuh! surely he is not of your family; surely he is (the doer of) other than good deeds, therefore ask not of Me that of which you have no knowledge; surely I admonish you lest you may be of the ignorant
    [11.47] He said: My Lord! I seek refuge in Thee from asking Thee that of which I have no knowledge; and if Thou shouldst not forgive me and have mercy on me, I should be of the losers.
    [11.48] It was said: O Nuh! descend with peace from Us and blessings on you and on the people from among those who are with you, and there shall be nations whom We will afford provisions, then a painful punishment from Us shall afflict them.
    [11.49] These are announcements relating to the unseen which We reveal to you, you did not know them-- (neither) you nor your people-- before this; therefore be patient; surely the end is for those who guard (against evil).
    [11.50] And to Ad (We sent) their brother Hud. He said: O my people! serve Allah, you have no god other than He; you are nothing but forgers (of lies).
    [11.51] O my people! I do not ask of you any reward for it; my reward is only with Him Who created me; do you not then understand?
    [11.52] And, O my people! ask forgiveness of your Lord, then turn to Him; He will send on you clouds pouring down abundance of rain and add strength to your strength, and do not turn back guilty.
    [11.53] They said: O Hud! you have not brought to us any clear argument and we are not going to desert our gods for your word, and we are not believers in you:
    [11.54] We cannot say aught but that some of our gods have smitten you with evil. He said: Surely I call Allah to witness, and do you bear witness too, that I am clear of what you associate (with Allah).
    [11.55] Besides Him, therefore scheme against me all together; then give me no respite:
    [11.56] Surely I rely on Allah, my Lord and your Lord; there is no living creature but He holds it by its forelock; surely my Lord is on the right path.
    [11.57] But if you turn back, then indeed I have delivered to you the message with which I have been sent to you, and my Lord will bring another people in your place, and you cannot do Him any harm; surely my Lord is the Preserver of all things.
    [11.58] And when Our decree came to pass, We delivered Hud and those who believed with him with mercy from Us, and We delivered them from a hard chastisement.
    [11.59] And this was Ad; they denied the communications of their Lord, and disobeyed His apostles and followed the bidding of every insolent opposer (of

IHS

Zeal without knowledge is always less useful and effective than informed zeal, and is very often dangerous! -- St. Bernard of Clairvaux

IHS

Wednesday, July 25, 2007
    First: 2 Corinthians 4:7-15
    Psalm: Psalm 126:1-6
    Second:
    Gospel: Matthew 20:20-28

Reflect:
    The chalice is an important part of the life of a priest. It represents many aspects of the Church. The Blood of Christ is the most obvious. But today, the chalice also means the bitter taste of suffering, which we share in with every sip of the Precious Blood. The chalice is also a sign of nobility, as the tradition asks us to raise our glass in celebration and commemoration. In the Jewish Tradition, that chalice should be passed to everyone at the table as a sign of unity. All of those different meanings come together in the simple request from a mother who simply wants the best for her James and John, her sons. This celebration, this feast, these readings remind us that our sharing in the cup of Christ is a sharing in his suffering, death but also resurrection. Whether we sit at the left of the right doesn’t matter. We’ll all be invited to sip of the Cup of the new and eternal covenant.

Amen

Friday, July 27, 2007
    First: Exodus 20:1-17
    Psalm: Psalm 19:8-11
    Second:
    Gospel: Matthew 13:18-23

Reflect:
    If God’s word is in us, what kind of soil does our soul possess? Are we full of vices that can restrict God’s word? Are we shallow people? Or are we ready for God’s grace. This parable reminds us about the importance to prepare for prayer and Mass. You read that correctly. We must prepare for prayer. We must prepare for Mass. It begins with recognizing that we’re going to receive something from God if we approach him. It continues with the constant “pruning” and “cleaning” of the field by going to confession, fasting before Mass, and staying away from the distractions that cloud our attention. It ends with making sure that we take care of God’s word throughout the day and the week, and hoping and trusting that fruit will be born in our soul. Like the Blessed Mother, she was so prepared to hear God’s word that she truly bore the Blessed Fruit of her womb, Jesus!

THE EVIL DOERS

rather than posting meaningless ramblings you should become part of the movement to irradicate the evil in the Department. GOD HAS NO PLACE IN DC OR LEOAFFAIRS!!! :evil:

Do not let Satan stop you from posting

Keep posting some of us enjoy it. It is good to see it here .

Tammy Faye

Ever since Tammy past on I have been unable to talk about God. Oh if only I had my PTL back!!

Having been raised agnostic, I first realized I was a Satanist when I was a young pup in grade school. The first time I ever met anybody who called themselves a Christian and who was publicly outspoken about it was in sixth grade. This was a fellow student who was trying to get me to convert to his beliefs. He, his parents and their friends all tried to push their point of view on me, but for the life of me monotheism has just never made much sense. It has always made more sense to me to assume that there are many possible gods out there, seeing how so many different people in the world have claimed to have so many different spiritual experiences. The fact that you believe in divinity does not mean you believe in the same divinity as everyone else, and the fact that there are so many different ideas of divinity and none can be proven shows that one person’s religion is just as good as another. I have always felt more comfortable assuming that there may very well be some truth behind the spiritual experiences of others, and that I have no right to tell anyone that what they experience isn’t real (unless it can be somehow proven that they are just delusional).

So as far as I am concerned, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Buddha, the Norse gods, the ancient Egyptian gods and even L. Ron Hubbard are all real in some way. However, this does not mean that I agree with their respective worshipers as to what they are. Christians experience their Lord as a loving god who redeems them from their sins. Well I’m not sure about the redemption part, but I feel it is pretty safe to say that if a person feels love coming from their god, then I have no reason to assume that it isn’t true. We aren’t living in a comic book universe, after all; nothing in existence is truly, purely “Evil” in and of itself. However, I think the claim that Jehovah is the Lord of the entire Universe is quite an unreasonable one, as I see no reason to believe that the Creator of All Things would have any interest in wasting Its time revealing itself through the Bible, when It is constantly revealing Itself through Nature all the time. And the picture we get of the Creator from the impersonal ferocity of Nature is not at all benevolent in any humanly-meaningful sense, but more ambivalent at best. I would go so far as to theorize that perhaps the Creator is not even sentient.

No, I agree with Christians that theirs is a loving god, but I don’t see any logical reason (a la Thomas Paine) to believe that he is the one that rules the universe, or that he was even remotely responsible for my existence. It is also clear to me that their god, although loving, is certainly not “all-loving.” Obviously, even the Bible itself describes their god as being quite jealous and wrathful at times. I figure everybody must have their bad days, and not even Mr. J is a perfect, uncreated being.

If Jehovah the “god of love” is capable of wrath, what then does this say about his eternal arch-nemesis, Lucifer? Christians are always describing Lucifer as this absolutely evil cosmic rebel who wants to hurt Jehovah by working for humankind’s spiritual destruction. But many people who worship Lucifer say that they experience love from Him, quite like how Christians will say they experience love from Jehovah. Christians will say that Satanists are just being deceived by Lucifer to think that He loves them, and that He really only wants to destroy them in the end; but how do they know this is really true? What gives them the authority to judge the mind and will of the Prince of Darkness? The Bible gives them no such authority, for it is written from the perspective of Jehovah and his followers, not from Lucifer’s perspective. Reading the Bible gives you a terrific idea of Jehovah’s perception about Lucifer, but it does not represent what Lucifer really believes and stands for at all.

Of course Christians will see Lucifer as the “Evil One,” because He is the opposite of their god. But being the opposite of something does not necessarily mean you are “Evil.” Darkness is the opposite of Light, but there is nothing inherently evil about Darkness in and of itself. In fact, it can even have positive qualities: when things are dark, you want to go to sleep and your body begins building energy for the next day. When you are in the dark you can hide from danger. When you look upward into the nighttime sky, you can see all the things beyond our atmosphere that the sun won’t let you see during the day.

Just as Darkness has its positive qualities, Light can also have its negative qualities. Light can help us to see, but it can also blind us. It can keep us warm, but it can also burn and scorch us. There are dualities in all things that exist. Nothing is completely positive or negative in and of itself. We do not live in a universe that lies between an eternal conflict between “Good” and “Evil.” We live in a universe composed of varying shades of gray, in which “Good” and “Evil” must be determined by each individual entity for itself. This was Lucifer’s entire point in tempting Eve with that blessed Fruit. Sure, He wanted her to disobey Jehovah, and it is for this reason that Christians will scapegoat Him as the Father of all Sin. But the path to spiritual truth lies not in simply accepting whatever prepackaged system we are given; rather, we must continually question and challenge the things we believe in. We must put our beliefs to the test and find what works the best for us, while we are under the most pressure. Faith is an essential ingredient in any form of spirituality, but doubt does not have to be its enemy. The path of Lucifer involves the understanding that we live in a mysterious world, and that there is far more to reality than can ever be expressed in a single book -- even one as large as the Bible.

What makes a religion like Christianity work is that it gives its followers what some Luciferians will call “the illusion of certainty.” That is, it outlines a view of reality, the world and the supernatural that is considered to be “certain,” and Christians are encouraged to think of their belief systems in such terms. Hence why so many people in the Christian persuasion are convinced that theirs is the “Only True Way” while all other “ways” are false at best and damnable at worst. While they are certainly entitled to such a view, I consider it much more reasonable to assume that very little is actually certain as far as spiritual matters go; we are surrounded by the Unknown on all sides. Christians choose to accept the Bible as a revelation of the “Truth” communicated to them by their god, whom they believe is the Creator of all. A Satanist chooses to look at any and all revelations, even those outside the Bible, as objectively as possible and to make their own personal judgments concerning the various deities that are believed to make such communications. A Satanist does this with the understanding that things are not always what they seem, and folks aren’t always who they claim to be.

There is no single Satanic text that is recognized by all Satanists everywhere as a “true revelation of Satan.” There have been Satanic texts, to be true -- the Yezidi Mishaf Resh, The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey, The Diabolicon and The Book of Coming Forth by Night by Michael Aquino -- but not all Satanists agree as to which of these are truly inspired by Satan, or if any of them are inspired by Him at all. Or perhaps they all were, but their meanings are meant to be evaluated in context with each other. Who knows? In Satanism, there is no rule anywhere that says we have to put our faith in a single text. Satanists are allowed to wipe their bums with The Satanic Bible if they feel they disagree with it. In a religion which celebrates the Ultimate Rebel, this is only natural. Here, we value our own spiritual experiences and revelations over those of any other. I find what I believe Lucifer has communicated to me to be more valid than whatever Jehovah might have said to Moses back in the Old Testament days.

Once again, Christians will tell me I am being deceived. My question is, “How are you so sure YOU’RE not being deceived?” And of course I am always given quotes from the Bible for answers, and none of these quotes proves anything to me. All it does is make my point all the more clear: no matter how many Bible quotes you can muster, all you have is your faith when it comes right down to it. And if it makes you comfortable to put your faith in the Bible, then all the more power to you. But me personally, I would rather put my faith in the spiritual experiences that I have had for myself ever since I was a young pup, and these experiences tell me that Lucifer ain’t half bad at all.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast